Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

http://sethkearsley.deviantart.com/art/Kingdom-Hearts-Pilot-Board-415016339

Intresting. A kingdom hearts animated series was planned.

What?! Why the hell did they scrap the idea?! I personally think that kind of series would've been incredible. Especially if they got all the original voice actors for the Disney Characters back.

Wonder why it was dropped. Was this during KH1's time? If so, maybe Square and Disney didn't expect KH to be such a big seller at the time and decided against it?

To quote the Artist:

"This goes back to about 2002. Only the first game had come out at this point. I was hired by Disney TV animation to develop and direct an animatic for a possible Kingdom Hearts animated series. I played the first game from beginning to end and was so excited to get this opportunity. This would have been the perfect thing for me, especially because of my action/comedy background with Mummies. It was dark. It combined anime and classic disney characters. Are you kidding me? This was awesome. I also had control of the script on this so it was INCREDIBLY DARK...but then so is the game. The darkest moment in the pilot was when Maleficent possessed Riku after he snatched the lamp. That's the very last panel here."

And according to him the pilot was received extremely well, the decision was made to scrap the project so as to not jeopardize the relationship between Square Enix & Disney as they began to expand the franchise.

I...never thought of KH1 as "incredibly dark".:/ Sure it had its serious moments, but not super dark.

Oh shit that would've been AMAZING! I've always wanted to see a Kingdom Hearts tv series or movie and I wondered why they never did make an animated series to promote the games. They could easily do it for when KH3 comes out, but the question is will Square Enix have the money?

I didn't care much for the animation style in the storyboards, but it could've been cool.

I didn't care much for the animation style in the storyboards, but it could've been cool.

Eh, they're storyboards. Half of the time, they're pretty shoddy. 

But, man this would've been awesome. D:

I get the feeling Kingdom Hearts 3 will probaby be the "darkest" or most series title in the series. How i can tell?

Dearly Beloved.

2:27 onwards

Usually, the song instills hope and joy. Even in titles like Birth by Sleep. But the Kingdom Hearts 3 version gives off a different vibe. Despair and corruption. It's a much darker tone and serious feel compared to every other version. 

Goes along well with what we know already, about the game supposedly growing up with the audience. The game obviously doesn't want to keep the kiddy vibe it was going with when it started. The series' target demographic has matured, and so the series should attempt to do the same. Not major change mind you, but maybe some shifts in atmosphere, placing characters in situations they usually haven't been exposed to(Sora especially needs this.). Happiness and friendship can still be the general tone and feel of the game overall, but having some moments every now and then that pause and develop the characters or shift the tone a bit would be great as well. The series could really benefit doing that.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't even begin to imagine what the opening menu artwork to go with it would look like.

I'd love of it was in the same style as that artwork, having the whole menu black with the artwork composed of white lines.

I'm getting chills just thinking about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dearly Beloved.

I see what you did there.

Regardless I just finished the original game.  So now I have three down (DS titles, KH1), and three (KH2, BbS, 3D) to go (not counting CoM)

Regardless I just finished the original game.  So now I have three down (DS titles, KH1), and three (KH2, BbS, 3D) to go (not counting CoM)

Um, what did I do? lol

Also, you're in for a treat with those last 3, I can say that.

@Panda I love this idea so much, it better happen!

Been playing through KH3D. Overall it's been pretty fun, but the Dream Eater concept is something I could do without. I don't like the idea of all of my abilities being tied to them. The worlds were pretty fun to explore but I'm dissapointed by the lack of Disney bosses. The Dream Eater bosses just aren't that fun to fight in comparison.

Right now I'm at the world that never was. Xemnas is a pain.

Been playing through KH3D. Overall it's been pretty fun, but the Dream Eater concept is something I could do without. I don't like the idea of all of my abilities being tied to them. The worlds were pretty fun to explore but I'm dissapointed by the lack of Disney bosses. The Dream Eater bosses just aren't that fun to fight in comparison.

Right now I'm at the world that never was. Xemnas is a pain.

if you have a bunch of Balloonga's and counterattack, he's much easier. Also Super Glide makes him a ton easier.

And I get the feeling you're gonna love Julius!biggrin.png You wanted a Disney boss.tongue.png

if you have a bunch of Balloonga's and counterattack, he's much easier. Also Super Glide makes him a ton easier.

And I get the feeling you're gonna love Julius!biggrin.png You wanted a Disney boss.tongue.png

I have Balloonga but it takes too much time to use. Whenever I use it he just dashes and combos the shit out of me.

Counter rush IS pretty helpful though.

I have Balloonga but it takes too much time to use. Whenever I use it he just dashes and combos the shit out of me.

Counter rush IS pretty helpful though.

How many Balloonga's do you have? They usually will follow the enemy won't they? If you keep a distance and use them, they are pretty helpful.

If you go to the dream eater event thing and go to the moogle next to the door, you can buy them.

How many Balloonga's do you have? They usually will follow the enemy won't they? If you keep a distance and use them, they are pretty helpful.

I only have 1. I guess I could just go grab some more..

Keeping your distance from Xemnas is hard because of how much he teleports.

Which is why Super Glide is a god send for that battle. (Getting it though....)

Also if you can, getting the Unbound keyblade can be pretty easy.(It's stronger than the Ultima Weapon actually.)

Just beat all the bosses (minus TWEWY ones) after beating them in the story. That is also helpful.

Those three games you haven't played are the best ones IMO. Enjoy.

• Thumbs Up 3

Really hoping Shotlock returns in KH3. I was hoping it'd be in 3D, but nope.:/ Shame too, cause that could have been a cool optional gyro feature.

Well Hopefully KH3 has a gyro function if they bring back the move. (And maybe use the touch pad for scrolling menu's. Optional of course.)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 7 months later...

Time to revive this topic.

I still feel terrible for a joke I made. I joked to my brother that Square Einx would take s long to make KH3 that Leonard Nimoy would be dead before it comes out. Next day he died. Ugh why did my joke have to predict the future?!

Time to revive this topic.

I still feel terrible for a joke I made. I joked to my brother that Square Einx would take s long to make KH3 that Leonard Nimoy would be dead before it comes out. Next day he died. Ugh why did my joke have to predict the future?!

Talk about harsher in hindsight. I wonder who's gonna voice Xeonhart now that both of his voice actors are dead.

I have no idea, hmm wonder if Jim Cummings could mimic Nimoy.

----

EDIT

-----

Oh yeah I forgot to mention this. Rumors going around that the devolpers for Kingdom Hearts 3 are considering a Frozen World. But one of the scary thoughts is that one of the producers wants it to be a singing world like Atlantica in Kingdom Hearts 2.

I swear if I get KH3 and end up seeing Riku singing along to the song "Let it Go" I will smash my television out of rage! I didn't mind the singing in Atlantica but that was only with the good songs or the times when Donald wasn't singing! So the singing gameplay mechanic is something I do not wish to see return.

I personally hope Billy Zane returns, this time to voice Master Xehanort. His Ansem voice is just hnnng and it would be great to hear it again.

As for Frozen world becoming a musical world like Atlantica is...worrying. Sora and Riku singing along to Let it Go and Fixer Upper? No thanks. DX

I know that somewhere Bill Farmer, Goofy's voice actor claimed that all the voice acting was already recorded but I doubt that is 100% accurate proof post. Heck it most likely could have been a fake account pretending to be Bill Farmer, it's happened before.

Isn't that the same Bill Farmer who said Kingdom Hearts III was coming out late this year? Yeahhhno. We don't even know if FFXV is coming out this year, so I think he got something wrong there. ^^;;