Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

I have to admit adapting Disney film plots is not Square Enix's forte. XD;; It comes off as awkward a lot of the time and it doesn't help that there's scenes where you know there's supposed to be a crowd, but it's just the characters from the story and no one else!

Ah like the Birth By Sleep scene in Terra's story where you can hear cheers but yet there's no audience. Or in Dream Drop Distance when Frollo is talking about how he hates the gypsies yet there's no one in the streets. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

If a Wreck-It Ralph world is added, i wonder how meta can they go with Ralph saying they're just in a videogame and with Sora turning to the camera or something.

Wait, the Organization had too much focus in KH2? Since when?

They had barely any focus at all, and they were the main villains! Maleficent and Pete, while entertaining, were just distractions from the main baddies and could have been omitted in order to tighten the plots and make for a stronger, more focused narrative. And I say this as a big Disney fan.

KH2's manga actually does a lot of good for making KH2's plot less padded.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Boosted!

Ralph:''Oh, you must be those new guys they plugged into beside the Sonic the Fighters arcade!, what was the name? Kingdom of the Hearts or something?''

Donald:''Excuse me!?''

Later-

Sora:''So all of this world is really video games?''

Ralph:''Yep, every one!''

Sora:''Oh! I got an idea for one! How about Role Playing Heroes team up with characters from classic cartoons!''

-Ralph, Donald, and Goofy stare at Sora for a minute''

Sora:''It...It could work? right?''

-All four look at the camera for a minute''

Ralph:''Naw''

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah like the Birth By Sleep scene in Terra's story where you can hear cheers but yet there's no audience. Or in Dream Drop Distance when Frollo is talking about how he hates the gypsies yet there's no one in the streets. XD

Exactly! The worlds look empty and there's no sign of life, no NPC's walking around, nothing. It's not just a problem with BbS and DDD either, KH2 had the same problem (expect for Twilight Town). I could sorta forgive KH1 since it was the first in the series, but if KH3 has no crowded worlds I'm going to be quite annoyed. XP

• Boosted!

I have to wonder when we'll ever see a collection of the KH2 manga. I have both volumes of the KH1 manga and liked it but I think KH2 has like over 5 different volumes, and it's still going (Yes, it's been over 8 years since KH2 and the manga is still going. 358/2 Days finished their manga before KH2)

Actually, the KH2 mangas are contained in much bigger volumes in the American release, making them much easier to follow. I think there are three or four volumes out combining multiple volumes from the Japanese release.

It's just a really long KH manga, and it is worth it.

• Boosted!

When Yen Press was confirmed to be printing the KH Manga again, didn't they mention that the volumes was due to be reprinted into a massive collection?

Wait, the Organization had too much focus in KH2? Since when?

They had barely any focus at all, and they were the main villains! Maleficent and Pete, while entertaining, were just distractions from the main baddies and could have been omitted in order to tighten the plots and make for a stronger, more focused narrative. And I say this as a big Disney fan.

KH2's manga actually does a lot of good for making KH2's plot less padded.

Actually I'm talking about KH in general, not just KH 2 because I mean the revelation about them in DDD made me slap my forehead.

Ralph:''Oh, you must be those new guys they plugged into beside the Sonic the Fighters arcade!, what was the name? Kingdom of the Hearts or something?''

Donald:''Excuse me!?''

Later-

Sora:''So all of this world is really video games?''

Ralph:''Yep, every one!''

Sora:''Oh! I got an idea for one! How about Role Playing Heroes team up with characters from classic cartoons!''

-Ralph, Donald, and Goofy stare at Sora for a minute''

Sora:''It...It could work? right?''

-All four look at the camera for a minute''

Ralph:''Naw''

My brother and I where discussing something similar to that except our idea of the scene went more like this.

Ralph: Thanks for helping us out back there. You know I don't think I've ever seen you guys around before. What game are you from?

Sora: Game? *looks at the camera in confusion*

I don't know. What I'd want is a perfect balance where the KH elements are thrown into the story to help make it different but also allowing the Disney roots and story to remain. For example, in Kingdom Hearts 1, a few worlds basically had it that the exact same story of the films was happening, only Sora was along for the ride, or doing things that the film's hero should have done while KH2 didn't do that much of a good job adapting the world plots with some exceptions.

Hold on there! Actually considering the action that take place in KH1 and KH2, I'd think it more reasonable to say that Kingdom Hearts 2 was the one where (one of the two) visits to the Disney worlds had their respective plots reflect heavily on the movies they came from.

Kingdom Hearts 1's Disney worlds segments were actually more independent from the exact plot of the movies, I'm afraid.

And I prefer it that way, mainly because otherwise it's just not as interesting and sometimes disappointing because there's no way they can incorporate all the great moments from the movies.

Some parallels/similarities I'm cool with, but abridged versions of the films with only the KH chars inserted just feels lazy.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sx78KzE.jpg

No Square Enix logo so there's a chance this was actually a side project by Disney. With that said, that means the worlds included could have no relevance to possible future worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Can we please get another 3DS game. Even a remake of 358/2 Days would suffice. I'm dying for Kingdom Hearts.

Star Wars... Ralph... Frozen.

Well I don't see why not. It'd definitely put a more modern feel on the franchise by incorporating newer Disney properties. We already kind of got it with Tron: Legacy in 3D.

I'm kinda interested to see if this means any of them will make it into 3. I'd be especially interested to see how Star Wars would be pulled off, given it's not a Disney franchise in the sense of the others.

I only want to see a Star Wars world because of the potential lightsabre keyblade you'll earn after beating the world, with sound effects and everything. Square Enix, make it happen!

Oh geeze those two characters look like generic KH OCs. Now I'm partially glad this game was cancelled.

I think they were supposed to be avatar characters? I'm not sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Oldish news but still

Well, seems like this is Square's nice, "soft blow", way of saying "No KH3 at E3 again, sorry!"Seriously hope that's  not the case, but given Square Enix's track record, would not be surprised.

If they skip over E3 again... I'll call them flat out stupid, because it's a dumb move. And not cool on fans.

Not only has this thing been just a distant whisper before its announcement, but nobody has seen anything gameplay wise since 2013 unless you went to a small launch event from ReMIX, and that was a pre-rendered video. Even there, they promised much more news this year and we're four months in and total silence. I'm honestly a little tired of them just keeping this from us now, it needs to show its face publicly and garner some attention. Being KH3 doesn't grant it immunity from decent marketing and updates to its general progression.

• Thumbs Up 3

Seriously. I mean did Square not notice the applause the E3 trailer in 2013 got? The game was one if Sony, and E3's biggest highlights, and people who didn't even care for KH were legitimately surprised and interested. I mean damn Square, it's been 2 years, they have to have something to show at least by now.:/

If all they show us is Lightning joining the cast in a trailer at e3, I'll take it at this point.

Yeah they REALLY need to throw us a bone. How can I still be excited if there's nothing to BE excited about...

• 2 weeks later...

KHIII confirmed to be mobile exclusive

At this point I just really want some news. I made the mistake of watching the E3 and D23 trailers again and now I'm hyped again, nghyughggh

In OTHER news, I beat Mushroom XIII, Data Rematches and Lingering Will (i.e., I got the Gold Crown) on Critical Mode, in KHII.5HD. :D

I've only done all that on proud mode! No way in hell I'm attempting all of it again on critical. ;_;

Also I swear this mobile thing better not be some intrusive feature that's tacked on to KH3.

No KH3 at E3 again?! Ugh! I know Nomura admitted he announced KH3 too early but this is getting ridiculous!