Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

I'm pretty sure he later confirmed that he had made a mistake and what he meant was they had completed the voice acting for 2.5 HD Remix.

Eh guess this means most likely Square Einx will be searching for a Xehanort replacement both in America and Japan. I still say get Jim Cummings to try Xehanort, that man is amazing with voice actor and he could probably nail the voice pretty well.

I mean I'm talking about the voice actor that was to step in for Scar's voice actor during the song "Be Prepared" because the actor got throat problems and couldn't finish the song so they had Jim Cummings finish off the song. Listen to "Be Prepared" and you'll see that you can't even tell they swapped actors near the end. (Which is why I'm ticked in KH2 they got another actor to voice Scar instead of using Jim Cummings.)

Eh guess this means most likely Square Einx will be searching for a Xehanort replacement both in America and Japan. I still say get Jim Cummings to try Xehanort, that man is amazing with voice actor and he could probably nail the voice pretty well.

I mean I'm talking about the voice actor that was to step in for Scar's voice actor during the song "Be Prepared" because the actor got throat problems and couldn't finish the song so they had Jim Cummings finish off the song. Listen to "Be Prepared" and you'll see that you can't even tell they swapped actors near the end. (Which is why I'm ticked in KH2 they got another actor to voice Scar instead of using Jim Cummings.)

OK, now you have me thinking of Dr. Robotnik

I still say Christopher Lloyd would be a better pick. He has a rough, gravelly tone that really jives with the character and has proven himself capable of voicing villains in the past.

I'm gonna draw a really wild card here and suggest

Dustin Hoffman

Oh the voice of Shifu from Kung Fu Panda! You know now I kind of can picture Xehanort with Shifu's voice.

Jim Cummings would be cool too I suppose, but I really miss Billy Zane. I didn't like the replacement they got for Ansem after KH1. 8(

Speaking of which, if Pirates of the Caribbean is returning in KH3 please please please get the original actors to voice them! If they're going to adapt On Stranger Tides and they bring in Blackbeard, then have fucking Ian McShane voice the character.

My brother and I were actually talking about what they could do with pirates again. My brother think they should combine Dead Man's Chest and At World's End storylines. He believed it would be perfect since he thinks Davy Jones' heart in the chest would fit nicely into a Kingdom Hearts plot.

Of course I guess that would technically make Davy Jones a heartless then Will Turner would end up becoming one.

Oh you're right, they would probably adapt Deadman's Chest/At World's End sooner than On Stranger Tides. Can't wait to see Davy Jones (with Bill Nighy's voice pls) and his crew!

Huh wonder what other worlds they might do, with Kingdom Hearts 2 they showed the writers would even take ideas from straight-to-video/dvd sequels since in Agrabrah they slightly did the Return of Jafar plot.

If Agrabah ends up returning in KH3 my guess is they might do the King of Thieves plot.

Frankly, I'd prefer the worlds to not rely too heavily on the movie plots unless they take chances and make them relevant to the plot rather than adapting the movies scene for scene.

• Thumbs Up 1

given the current trend as of late, I'm placing money on Agrabah using KoT's plot somehow. Even I you don't want it to happen, you have to admit its a pretty likely and popular idea.

med_gallery_1_1223_343588.jpg

Dunno if you guys missed it, but recently a Kingdom Hearts iOS/Android free to play game was unearthed, called Kingdom Hearts: Fragmented Keys. The project was cancelled, but some concept art and a few details remain. Worlds considered were Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Snow White, Wreck It Ralph, Frozen, Lilo and Stitch, Star Wars, Tron and Tangled. A quick overview of the game:

The concepts for this game was to have several Kingdom Hearts heroes transported to the worlds of our favorite Disney Characters. Traveling through a Grand Central like station our heroes could visit any Disney world of their choosing and join forces with the heroes of those worlds to defeat their enemies. Below is a collection of concept and game play design work. We also created “World Tour” video that introduced the Kingdom Hearts characters to the Disney worlds and culminated in a game play simulation battle on the rooftops of Peter Pan’s London, England. The video formed a large part of a video presentation given to Disney US and Disney Japan executives.

You can have a gander at all the concept art available below:

This is kinda cool for the novelty of it, but I'm glad it was cancelled. The concept art itself is very nice though, I would love to see Wreck It Ralph and Lilo and Stitch appear in a fully fledged future game. Star Wars was even optioned here too, but no sign of a Pixar movie...

Yeah, not big on phone games myself, so I can't say it'll be missed. Still, I would love for this to mean Wreck-It Ralph, Lilo & Stitch, and Star Wars are being considered for inclusion in III. A Pixar property would just be the topper at that point.

Couldn't care less about it being cancelled (I hate most mobile games 8P) but that concept art sure is pretty. Just hope this means the likes of Wreck it Ralph, Tangled and Lilo & Stitch appear in KH3! Strange to still not have anything Pixar related though.

So Nomura was going to include Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts. I can already hear the scream of rage from many KH fans.

I actually talked to my friend about the possibility of a Toy Story world and he told me it wouldn't work. He told me it would be odd if Sora shrunk down to the size of a toy when humans do exist in the toy story world I argued that they could just not include the humans but he told me then the world would be left without a villain since the closest thing the Toy Story movie had to a villain was Sid. I argued they could just make a toy heartless but he didn't agree.

Wreck It Ralph, 

JvMVwzT.gif

Damnit Square, Ralph better be in KH3. It would be such an amazing and creative world.

So Nomura was going to include Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts. I can already hear the scream of rage from many KH fans.

I actually talked to my friend about the possibility of a Toy Story world and he told me it wouldn't work. He told me it would be odd if Sora shrunk down to the size of a toy when humans do exist in the toy story world I argued that they could just not include the humans but he told me then the world would be left without a villain since the closest thing the Toy Story movie had to a villain was Sid. I argued they could just make a toy heartless but he didn't agree.

As for this, It is very possible to have Toy Story to be included. Just have Donald's magic transform the three into toy action figures and before anyone calls me out and say they'd have no reason to do so. First, I'm pretty sure that none of the humans in Toy Story would have seen a giant talking duck and a giant talking dog, but they'd fit in perfectly as toys. Secondly, Atlantica also had humans but Sora, Donald, and Goofy still choose to change into a Mer-Man and Sea Creatures. 

Exactly it can work. I just hope Nomura doesn't make the Toy Story world a minigame world, that would be lost potential.

Also worth noting that if the main characters aren't human, then it makes sense to transform Sora, Donald, and Goofy to match the locals. Reasons why I'd prefer they become animals in a Jungle Book world or monsters in a Monsters Inc. world.

And I'm not saying using King of Thieves as a basis for a world would be bad. I just don't want a lazy adaptation. In my opinion, they shouldn't be afraid to deviate from the movie's plot where it makes sense to do so.

Though sadly Nomura seems more focused on giving more attention to the plot line outside of the Disney Worlds. Pretty much it just seems Disney characters are only tacked on these days to the KH games just because they have to.

The Return of Jafar was a lazy adaption in KH. It didn't follow the story at all, other than Iago turning good and Jafar returning to seek revenge.

Yeah because KH 2 was mainly too focused on Organization XIII. Am I the only one who partially hates the group for taking so much of the spotlight in KH? Don't get me wrong I like organization members and Axel/Lea but I just feel the organization gets too much attention.

I have to admit adapting Disney film plots is not Square Enix's forte. XD;; It comes off as awkward a lot of the time and it doesn't help that there's scenes where you know there's supposed to be a crowd, but it's just the characters from the story and no one else!

I don't know. What I'd want is a perfect balance where the KH elements are thrown into the story to help make it different but also allowing the Disney roots and story to remain. For example, in Kingdom Hearts 1, a few worlds basically had it that the exact same story of the films was happening, only Sora was along for the ride, or doing things that the film's hero should have done while KH2 didn't do that much of a good job adapting the world plots with some exceptions.