Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

An HD Collection was hinted in KH:3D.

Also PepsiMan, some of the stuff you were saying is entirely speculation (Part 2, Online) and I don't think it was clear that you were predicting it. I posted some of the stuff you said but I didn't find info on it and people told me they were rumors.

Yeah A part two while not confirmed is pretty obvious at this point. The online I might have made sound like a fact, but I believe the chances are pretty believable. I mean considering you could play together in the original, it would seem pretty wasteful not to do. I mean either way, a multiplayer aspect seems pretty reasonable.

@Dissident If there is a part 2 it will most likely have it. Don't know why they didn't decide to do the more important ones first, but oh well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I'm pretty sure there will be a 2.5, though. Nomura wants to release a KH game every year. Splitting it between two releases provides more padding while they finish vs XIII and work on KH3.

Honestly though, I'm confused about one thing. Nomura said he would like to put KH games on more than one console(meaning not exclusive) In that Game informer interview. Wonder what happened or if it was mis-translated.

My first thought was that they wanted to release the games in chronological order for the collection(s)... in which case it makes Birth By Sleep's exclusion much more baffling than KH2's.

358/2 Days will not be playable. The cutscenes from the game will be viewable in HD, but you won't actually be able to play it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm holding out hope that they'll be remaking the non-voiced scenes in HD as well and adding VO because otherwise the story makes no sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone else find it astonishing that they're announcing a KH HD collection (2 in fact) Yet it's been a year since FFX & FFX-2's HD remake was announced and we've not even seen a single screenshot of them?

Yeah, what the hell ever happened to that FF X HD thing they were working on? Is it getting the versus XIII treatment?

Edited by King Of Awesome

358/2 Days will not be playable. The cutscenes from the game will be viewable in HD, but you won't actually be able to play it.

Huh. Well, Not that I honestly really cared in all honesty. I mean it would have been cool I guess, but I hated 358/2 days before so, It really doesn't matter either way for me. Although I wonder how they'll work with the cut-scenes considering without some in-game knowledge, Some of those scenes won't make any sense, or they'll seem random. Huh this is interesting
KINGDOM HEARTS for PC Browser (Tentative name)

The first series of the PC browser online game appears.

Players will control their own hero, there are a variety of Disney Worlds you will be able to adventure on the browser.

In the game, cards will be used to promote strategic battle, you can stand up to enemies and sometimes you can cooperate with your friends. The KINGDOM HEARTS series so far has introduced a new system with no sense.

In the adventure, the contents are also packed with collection of items you can get. It has become a work that can be enjoyed for a long time.

< Story > In a world of fairy tales, The world was filled with light, That light has been embraced and rised to a variety of worlds, The source of light, Kingdom Hearts, the key to protect it, χ-blade. As long as there is, it is believed the worlds will be in light eternally. However, the strong light casts shadows that give birth to darkness. Darkness evokes the desire of anxiety and fear. Darkness is hidden in the depths of hearts and chaos has began to spread in the worlds. To pay for the spreading darkness, those who want to create the χ-blade must make a key that models after it. This has started a round-the-world adventure.

< System > You can use the PC browser to play, it is the series's first time to create a social game. The player can become a hero, customize your avatar, and explore a variety of Disney Worlds. Discover and collect materials in various locations, overcome the battle system with your card collection, a whole new element is expanded in the game. You will enjoy cooperating with your friends against enemies.

"This year is the 10th Anniversary of the "KINGDOM HEARTS" series, HD versions of early works, and the first online game for the PC.

Apparently it's a facebook game? Correct me if I'm wrong.

KH3D is on latest gen tech. There is no reason as to why they would do that. It would not only be bad from a buisness perspective, but it would be a dick slap in the face to those that got KH3D on the 3DS.:/

On another similar note, so I guess we can assume Part 2 will include only The Coded Cut-scenes and not gameplay. Probably has to do with legal stuff between Nintendo and Square. Well i'm fine with that if it's true since that game was also crap. Playing KH2 and BBS will make me smile so much after I finish those 2. I wonder if memory transferring will play a role as well. Either for any of the PS2 titles or BBS.:/

BBS I'm guessing will probably have a online function. I mean MGS peacewalker did in it's HD version. I think It's possible.

Edited by Sora

I'm surprised this isn't coming to the Wii U, too. Pretty much all of the more recent games have been on Nintendo consoles.

• Thumbs Up 1

I specifically recall mentioning -in a jokingly manner- on this very same board about Square making you buy the games individually.

ngunfacepalm.gif

Still buying if it comes here tho.

I'm surprised this isn't coming to the Wii U, too. Pretty much all of the more recent games have been on Nintendo consoles.

Yeah, all one of them.

Yeah, all one of them.

re:coded makes that two. Despite being a port it was the only version that reared it's head in the west. 358/2 Days also didn't have that much of a gap between Birth By Sleep. Between now and then all these games were released in a span of three years, which to be fair is still relatively recent.

That and out of seven released games (not counting all the Final Mixes and what not), four of them are on Nintendo platforms. I'd say it's a warranted assumption.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, I don't even count mobile games much less ports of them. The franchise is crazy enough already.

I thought the final mix duodenum ++ edition of BbS is what came out right before DDD anyways.

It is a little disappointing that we're receiving re: COM instead of KH 2. I'd be surprised if there isn't another collection announced within a year.

Final Mix version is theory reason I'll be picking this up.

At least this time we could be able to skip cutscenes, including the never ending one before Riku-Ansem, lol

Does anyone else find it astonishing that they're announcing a KH HD collection (2 in fact) Yet it's been a year since FFX & FFX-2's HD remake was announced and we've not even seen a single screenshot of them?

Pretty sure it was confirmed that FFX was just being remastered, not remade.

..So yeah, what do you want to see?

Well, I beat 3D a few hours ago. I'm aware I'm pretty late to the party on this one. I'm also aware that playing any Kingdom Hearts game after the first without having ever played a Kingdom Hearts game before means that you are doomed to not have much of a clue of what's going on. That's fine by me. Because while on the one hand I think it's a bit unfair of them to make so few concessions to newcomers to a series in its first installment on a new console, I also respect them for having the spin-offs contribute directly to the continuing plot.

As to the game itself - I read a Eurogamer review of it which said, in essence, that it started off being incredibly confusing, throwing so many mechanics and concepts at you that you couldn't keep up with, but that it eventually all came together. And that's exactly what I found. Practice makes perfect - well, the game is meant to be an exam - and there are these moments of brilliance where everything clicks into place. For me, it was being in the Post Office and realising I could jump up the walls forever. Sheer joy. Well, it was kind of fun anyway. Flowmotion is very satisfying - the ability to leap around like an idiot and fly all over the place. There's a great sense of freedom, which is kind of odd for a game which switches between characters on a timer. But it always kept things moving, always kept things happening. There was always something to do. So it was very satisfying on that front.

As for the plot - well, while I've never played a KH game before, I have kept up a bit with what's going on in the franchise, so I wasn't completely marooned, and given the presentation of the plot then I'm pretty sure people who've played all the games are meant to be marooned too, frequently without much of an idea of what's going on. Sora's experiences in the last world are the case in point - it's meant to be horrendously confusing and disorientating for the player because it is for the character. And it's kind of fun seeing all these barmy plot points and characters whizz around at top speed on their own crazy journeys.

I did feel the denouement was a bit unbalanced, though...

So Sora gets one final boss, and Riku gets like five?

I've had a look at the bonus boss, and he seems pretty annoying, so I might be done with this game. I feel done, to be honest. It was a lot of fun crafting up new Dream Eaters and bouncing off the walls and fighting Satan, but I think I've pushed it to its limits. Definitely glad to have played it. I guess I should actually look out for future Nintendo handheld Kingdom Hearts games, then - Chain Of Memories went way under my radar and I think I was too busy to get 358/2 Days.

Which really makes it even more ridiculous that we haven't seen or heard anything about it.

..So yeah, what do you want to see?

Er... an official release date? Maybe some screenshots?

The fact that they gave us a estimated release for this game, which was just literally announced, yet they haven't for FFX baffles me to no end. It better not be ending up like Versus.