Awoo.

Epic Mickey 2

Trixie the Great

Ditto. Getting the Wii U version, but I'll pull the PSN demo and give it a try.

ETA - What the heck did they do to the Shop? Half the time I'm hitting buttons at random because you can't see where the cursor is! Can we either go back to a black background or NOT highlight the active icon in white?

Edited by Thrippa

387818_10151258113623128_181128135_n.png

http://bit.ly/SBWYwn - GAME are proud to joining up with Disney to bring you Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two Collector's Edition exclusive to GAME customers (that's you)

Follow the link and delve into the contents of the collector's edition and find out where Power of Two will take Mickey and the gang! http://bit.ly/SBWYwn

Also don't forget you can ask a question to the creator of the game, Warren Spector, by emailing your question to facebook@game.co.uk! Come get involved

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151258113623128&set=a.10150643618433128.421800.52075163127&type=1

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/AjaxCatalogSearch?storeId=10151&catalogId=10201&langId=44&pageSize=20&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&pageView=image&predictiveSearchURL=http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/AjaxPredictiveSearchView%3FcatalogId%3D10201%26langId%3D44%26storeId%3D10151&searchTerm=Disney+Epic+Mickey+2:+The+Power+of+Two+-+Exclusive+Collector's+Edition&searchBtn.x=0&searchBtn.y=0&cm_mmc=Twitter-_-Digital-_-EpicMickey2CE-_-Link

The game definitely feels like a follow-up to Epic Mickey - in the most traditional sense a bit unfortunately. Not much has actually changed; atmosphere is the same, music is very much the same, controls are just as spot on as they used to be and it still has that childlike wonder and charm. A few design choices seem a bit arbitrary when viewed at it outside of a co-op perspective and I have a feeling that once I play this with my girlfriend it'll be a significantly superior experience (for one I won't have to hear Oswald repeat himself a few dozen times that he's doing what he's supposed to do while I find out how I'm supposed to assist). Combat is still kind of mixed and Oswald's gimmicks don't really add much to it, but bosses will probably be a blast much like in the previous game. Also, much to my surprise the camera is actually improved and controls rather great without the motion controllers (PS3 anyway).

It all feels good to play and on HD platforms it definitely looks a lot more colorful, sharper and contrasting, but I'm still wary about the design of all things. Epic Mickey had a rather good opening stage and this one mirrors the original in a few ways but a few design choices still feel a bit iffy, maybe because it just feels too much like the original and that I'm worried it's going to be the same game as last time but with a two player focus, albeit something which will definitely make it more enjoyable. If they can make the game not feel like a gigantic fetch quest this time around and do some clever world building this can instantly turn into a classic which the original kind of failed to be. All the set pieces are here, so I hope this works.

Power of Illusion also has a demo up now on the eShop! (It consists of two levels and the fortress.) It's a lot fun and the animation is really nice. It really left me wanting to play more. Definitely can't wait to experience the whole package this Christmas! smile.png

(Also, apparently most of the quests in the very beginning of the game consist simply of "Ask Beast if you can borrow crap." tongue.png)

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Power of Illusion also has a demo up now on the eShop! (It consists of two levels and the fortress.) It's a lot fun and the animation is really nice. It really left me wanting to play more. Definitely can't wait to experience the whole package this Christmas! smile.png

(Also, apparently most of the quests in the very beginning of the game consist simply of "Ask Beast if you can borrow crap." tongue.png)

Aw, no 3DS demo for Europe today :(

I really want to try that Xbox 360 demo, but sadly it's Gold exclusive and I only have trial Gold. Good riddance.

Either way, the musical intro is really catchy.

screenshot20121112at121.png

The UK is getting a Collectors Edition

- Box shaped like an old TV

- 8GB ‘Oswald’ shaped memory stick

- Mickey OR Oswald figurine

- Film cell taken from 1928 Disney short “The Fox Chase”

- £59.99 for PS360, £49.99 for Wii, no Wii U version listed

Beat you to it last week :P

I got Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion yesterday... and I already beat it. Like, 100%. Not even kidding. I have to see, the game does as many things right as things wrong.

First of all, the graphics are beautiful. Crisp sprites, handdrawn, gorgeous backgrounds... It's awesome. Also, there is a lot, a lot of fanservice: Many disney characters are in the game for you to save, and every single one of them is perfectly in character. Letting them meet eachother is really fun because of that.

The music is amazing as well. While some tracks are recycled from the original, the other tracks are absolutely magical. Sadly, they put the battle themes in the last levels of a world, even if it doesn't fit at all.

Which brings me to the biggest let-down: The levels. Don't get me wrong, the levels are a blast to play and really well designed, the difficulty spike is really good, not too easy, not too hard, heck, the enemy placement even differs if you backtrack in the levels, but there are just 12 levels. 12. Fucking. Levels. Peter Pan, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, four levels each. That's it. Even on the cover, there are 4 worlds, but nope, just 3 in the game. It's pathetic.

Which brings me to the second biggest complain: The quests. There are too fucking many. Everytime you get a new quest, you have to either ask another character if you can borrow something, paint something in, or search something in a level. While the first two types of quests aren't too bad, the third one is ridiculous. You have to beat the same level over and over and OVER again, just to find the items. And while it encourages you to look around in parts of levels you didn't bother to explore, it just gets annoying after you visit the same level for the fourth time.

All in all, despite sounding really negative, I would recommend it... if you can find it for like 15 - 20 bucks. If not, I wouldn't even bother.

Edited by Thigolf

So... This game suffers from fetch quests/scavenger hunts/collect-a-thons? That's a little disappointing.

I don't mind it when its in a 3D free roam game, like the first Epic Mickey, but I tend hate those missions in side scrollers. (It's one of the reasons why I couldn't get any enjoyment out of Kirby's Epic Yarn) I may try it out someday just for the Disney fanservice though.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

So apparently neither of the games (3DS or Console) is getting good reviews. It's a damn shame, considering I loved the first one despite its flaws. Heck, I'll probably like this one as well.

The game's atmosphere was always the most interesting part anyways.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's the paintbrush? Is it a pen or something?

The oswald figure and usb are pretty cool :) I hope this means we'll see some more readily available oswald stuff from now on.

This is an issue. I fucking love classic Disney and by extension, the old Mouse and Rabbit but this is looking a lot like the reception the first game got :/

...I don't know if I want to deal with GAME and get the collector's edition if it isn't a great game and only have a handful of days to cancel/re-order the CE XD

What's the paintbrush? Is it a pen or something?.

It is.

The reviews kind of worry me. They look even worse than the first game, despite the fact this game did improve on a few things (I thought that, at least...). Seriously, what went wrong?

Same game though.

Destructoid - 2.0

At least Epic Mickey felt fresh enough that some of its faults could be overlooked by the more forgiving of players. The Power of Two has no such charm to hide behind. It's a gormless, chafing, unquestionably horrid little waste of time. Only the hardcore Disney obsessive need look into this one, and I don't advice they look too deeply.

Hmm... Shame to see the HD consoles not doing so well... Oh well, when I first heard the Wii would probably be the best version, I decided to get that. My Wii has been pretty underplayed as of recently anyways.

After the first Epic Mickey was a Wii exclusive, I'm quite surprised to see Sony has grabbed the advertising for the sequel here in the UK. Just saw the ad during one of the X Factor breaks.

Nintendo grabbed the advertisement in the US, the commercials only mention the Wii and Wii U versions, as well as Power of Illusion.