Awoo.

Epic Mickey 2

Trixie the Great

Apparently the Wii and Wii U versions are viewed as the better ones, due to the pointer aiming.

Do you know if the Wii and Wii-U versions is almost identicial or has different features?

For the Wii U version, you don't have pointer ability as Mickey, just as Oswald; Mickey has to be played with the Gamepad, and aims the camera/paintbrush with the right stick.

I'm rather disappointed with the subtitles. Don't know if the Wii version's are different but the PS3 and Wii U titlers couldn't decide if they were doing subtitles or captions. I can hear just fine, so I don't need to be told that the Mad Doctor is (Singing) his lines, nor that the Gremlin finished his speech (Embarrassed laugh). On the other hand, if they ARE doing closed captioning, they're leaving out a number of the stage directions that should be there for people who can't hear. Also, it may be just the tutorial section but it's rather choppy, with the screen-change screens seeming to cut in too early. On the other hand, the game is gorgeous and Oswald's voice is great.

I just bought the game for my girlfriend today, the game is alright I guess. I'll probably get her the collectors edition if I get the chance to imported over here.

I just got my copy today for the Wii, considering I have don't have a Wii U yet and the HD console versions are supposedly pretty bad.

I'll post back soon with some impressions.

Wow... A Wii version of a game is not only better than its PS3 and 360 counterparts, but also better than the Wii U version?

...Does Move make the PS3 version better? Or are the Wii controls still best?

So I finished playing the first chapter and got into a bit of the second chapter. Considering I loved the first game, this one to be pretty good, It plays pretty much exactly like the first. Oswald's AI wasn't as bad or obnoxious as I was dreading, though there was one time where he wouldn't jump onto a ledge where I needed him.

However some complaints I have are two things that they didn't change from the first game, one being given the option to skip side scrolling levels and there's still no mercy invincibility Which can get pretty annoying when fighting enemies.

But so far, speaking as someone who thought the first Epic Mickey was a good game, It's pretty fun. Though if you didn't like the first game, then chances are you may not like this one.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

I figure the lower scores are coming from the game playing mostly the same. Can't blame people, considering there WERE issues with the first. I still love the first, though. So I figure I'll love this.

So I've been playing Power of Two. It's essentially more of the first. So if you liked it, you're going to like Power of Two. I can see why this wasn't as well received because, critics already had issues with the first and were told those issues would be addressed in the sequel.

So I've been playing Power of Two. It's essentially more of the first. So if you liked it, you're going to like Power of Two. I can see why this wasn't as well received because, critics already had issues with the first and were told those issues would be addressed in the sequel.

Huh, so it's like Sonic 4: Episode 2, in that some parts look better, but the overall package still suffers in the same critical area, resulting in lower scores.

Actually, part of the problem I've been having with it is that it isn't like the first. It's a lot more open, to the point I've no idea where I'm supposed to go or what I'm expected to do. The first one had a sort of double-whammy of a narrowly defined path and no chance of return for a lot of the quests/items, so if you left the area before you were done-- tough luck, see you on the next play through. So far I seem to be able to go back and forth at will, but it took me a while to figure this out, which sort of paralyzed me because I was afraid to go through the next gate for fear of never coming back again. There are some confusing gaps in the the in-game instructions; I am told in full detail what to do with each sketch, but not a clue on how to deal with the enemies, which also had cutscenes i n the first game.

Once I figured out I was supposed to explore everywhere and wouldn't be penalized for doing so, I started to enjoy the game a lot more. Although I still haven't puzzled out the two-electrical-box-and-pipe groupings that I keep finding. They must be for something, but I can't activate them. unsure.pngwacko.png

For the Wii U version, you don't have pointer ability as Mickey, just as Oswald; Mickey has to be played with the Gamepad, and aims the camera/paintbrush with the right stick.

Ugh, really? I was considering this for Wii U, but definitely wont' be getting it if that's the case. I've played the demo on 360 and the controls are nothing short of terrible.

The Wii U version has unacceptably low framerate dips from what I hear. It goes down to single digits once you start using the paint/thinner. If anything the Wii U version is the worst version of them all.

Sorry Spector, I enjoyed Epic Mickey for what it was but your everlasting enthusiasm and likability isn't really going to sell me on a premise that was flawed but enjoyable the first time, and is just wasted potential at this point. The original had every reason to have a sequel going for it that improved on everything, but when that finally happened after all the doubts that it never would get one thanks to the Disney layoffs, the end result comes out feeling like they didn't even try. It's just an expansion pack sequel with tacked on as fuck co-op.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's for a quest later. Ortensia asks you to find the bunny children scattered throughout Wasteland. You lead them to those pipes and they get sucked up and sent to either the Ice Cream Shop or Ortensia's house depending on whether you have Oswald reprogram the pipe or not (reprogramming it sends them to Ortensia's house).

Ah, I'd talked to the ice cream vendor, but didn't connect these pipes with the ones he was talking about. Apparently then, they won't activate until I speak to her as well. I'll stop wasting my time on them then, until they'll actually do something.

I haven't noticed ant frame dips, either playing solo or in tandem. I do, however, definitely miss the ability to just point at the screen to aim my paint and thinner. Steering the little target by joystick is too slow for the speed the enemies move at.

• 2 weeks later...

Wife's just ordered me Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion for Christmas :D Looking forward to it, because I loved the old Mega Drive games this one looks to be based off.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wife's just ordered me Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion for Christmas biggrin.png Looking forward to it, because I loved the old Mega Drive games this one looks to be based off.

In that case you'll like this one. I'm really loving it so far. I nostalgiagasmed when i heard an orchestral rendition of a track from Castle of Illusion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is the gameplay and level design any different in the Wii version? My nephew adores the PS3 demo and I was thinking of getting him this for Christmas, but I'd rather get the Wii version for various reasons, most of all because this game was obviously built around motion controls.

But I'm not sure he'll be happy if that version ends up being a completely different build.

Edited by Speederino

It's the same exact game, it's just upscaled. So yeah, the Wii version is your best bet because, it's much easier to paint and thin using the IR pointer.