Awoo.

Epic Mickey 2

Trixie the Great

Yep! You heard that title right. It's getting a sequel!

Well, it hasn't been announced yet. But boxarts were leaked in a survey along with a few name choices:

• Epic Mickey 2: Return of the Mad Doctor
  • Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
  • Epic Mickey 2: Mystery on Mean Street
  • Epic Mickey 2

210015-EpicHeader.jpg

Along with this, there is some info.

This time around, the sequel will end up on Wii, along with the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. A 2-player split screen mode is planned in which the player could control Mickey Mouse or Oswald The Lucky Rabbit. The survey says that Oswald will be able to “fly like a helicopter” and use electricity to “fight or friend” foes.

So, what do you guys think of this? I think its great! Good for Disney for creating a sequel for one of my favorite games. Plus, its on the X360! biggrin.png

Edited by Ninjada
  • Thumbs Up 1

Could be cool if they work out all the issues the first one had (Bad camera, boring fetchquests, bad level design in some areas, etc.)

I absolutely loved the concept of the first game, but was really disappointed by how uninteresting it got after a little while.

Edited by Ekaje
  • Thumbs Up 2

Fuck you Ninjada you beat me to it.

YES. I loved Epic Mickey, I absolutely love the third artwork.

But it's getting too similar to Sonic Generations this way :U

- Vinyl Scratch

Could be cool if they work out all the issues the first one had (Bad camera, boring fetchquests, bad level design in some areas, etc.)

I absolutely loved the concept of the first game, but was really disappointed by how uninteresting it got after a little while.

How the hell they're gonna make the paint mechanic work on the 360 and PS3 without forcing anyone to buy a Kinect or Move (five bucks says the Move's pointer mechanics are gonna suck hard) is anyone's guess.

Good to see it's getting a sequel, though.

well i played some of the first one it was okay. some of the problems have been listed here but hopefully it will be fixed. hopefully the 2nd will fix these problems. probably get it on the 360.

Probably by using the second analog sticks and tacking on optional motion controls.

... Yeah, I'll stick with the Wii version with this one, thanks.

The main problem with the game was that it was story over style. Unlike movies, games must use style over story and this is what Epic Mickey suffered from what I can tell.

Still, I loved Epic Mickey, personally (Not saying that as a slave to Disney. I really did find enjoyment from it.) and I'm very glad to see it's getting a sequel and hopefully they'll fix anything that was wrong in the last game. I actually had a theory about the use of lost Disney characters. Since the last game focused mostly on Walt Disney's work, Maybe the second game will focus on stuff during the Post-Walt Disney Era? Like the Black Cauldron and all that stuff?

Well whatever they'll be doing, I'll be keeping a close eye on this project.

Wait, what's this? You can play as Oswald?

HELL YES.

How the hell they're gonna make the paint mechanic work on the 360 and PS3 without forcing anyone to buy a Kinect or Move (five bucks says the Move's pointer mechanics are gonna suck hard) is anyone's guess.

Good to see it's getting a sequel, though.

This is moreorless like Mass Effect 3: it's "optimized" to use Kinect for a "richer, more realistic and natural experience", but Bioware lets you use the Xbox 360 controller to play through the game if you don't want to; it's totally optional. I think this is how it's going to work for Epic Mickey 2.

Besides, even with the Motion Control+, the freedom in movement is still pretty limited, and pretty damn behind. (Don't kill me.) I never did play Epic Mickey, (and I really want to T-T) but I highly doubt that the game obligated you to do complex things with the controller and the like. You'll probably just use the second analog stick to make stuff.

It's still great though, I'm so getting this game. I seriously hope it's not Kinect only. dry.png

Edited by Tatsumaki

Holy shit.

I never beat the first Epic Mickey due to its barely passable controls, shitty camera, and the abundance of fetch quests the game wants me to go through. I did however love the plot and atmosphere of the game, and I don't mind seeing it get a sequel.

I like the second boxart by the way. It looks similar to the first one's box: simple and stylish, and that's all that it really needs to be.

Edited by Nix

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

The game had amazing potential, but the end result I just didn't find to be very good at all. I would pick up a sequel if they fixed some issues, but after being burned by the first one I'll wait for some reviews.

Also get some voice acting up in this bitch. The story was great but without voice acting it feel flat IMO. You're Disney for Christ sake!

So now I'm wondering whether Japan is going to get it or not due to this. Epic Mickey didn't see release until this month in Japan because, Disney didn't bother to localize it. Nintendo of Japan ended up doing it.

Also it would be nice to see some more iconic Disney characters. I thought we would be seeing a bunch but there were like 7-8. I really wish the second would take place in Mickey's world instead of Oswalds.

Also it would be nice to see some more iconic Disney characters. I thought we would be seeing a bunch but there were like 7-8. I really wish the second would take place in Mickey's world instead of Oswalds.

Huh. I could see that. The mad professor revives the Shadow Blot and they start to destroy Mickeys world. So Oswald comes into Mickey's world and the two start a magical adventure. :D

As far as controls, I can see them going in an Ape Escape-esque direction, using both analog sticks actively.

My main complaint was that most of the world looked the same. Rather depressing.

Serious? I kinda didn't expect it. I'll be sure to pick it up when it's out.

Wasn't terribly interested in the first game, but my interest will be privy to better gameplay, not just really good presentation.

Edited by turbojet

Being an utter Disney nerd, I adored Epic Mickey despite the fact the whole good and evil angle fell rather flat for the most part. Think I prefer the idea of splitting the story between a good cop and bad cop type characters (as Oswald is more naturally inclined to be a jerk than Mickey, even the ending ultimately shows Mickey to be naturally nice, even if you choose to trash wasteland)

Think if they use the branching story angles again, I think there needs to be more long term effects to a characters decisions, things like the Pete's differing in attitude depending how you treat them and the Clarabelle/Horace side-quest stuff was neat. But the original EM sort of lacked a distinct ending, didn't matter what you chose to do - the ending for EM is pretty much the same whatever you do, bar the whole bit where you see how certain characters are doing...

In any case, very happy to see a sequel to this, was a bit worried the slightly disappointing Wii sales might of killed off the entire idea.

Holy crap, I did not see this coming at all. I was under the impression that any possibilities of an Epic Mickey 2 were completely dashed when Disney dissolved their gaming divisions. But I can see this paying off in more ways than one, Epic Mickey despite me being incredibly optimistic about it, fell flat on way too many levels. It got down the controls and feel right, but lacked the cohesive structure and balance needed for a game of its kind. Truly it's the American McGee's Alice of the seventh generation. With this however, I'm excited. They've got the chance to fix everything that the game failed to deliver, and the fact that it's coming onto HD consoles can really make them push the awesome concepts that the game was set to deliver.

Also, Oswald being able to fly is fucking awesome, and a concept no one has the right to complain about when he was one of, if not the first animated character ever to legitimately be able to do shit like that.

In any case, very happy to see a sequel to this, was a bit worried the slightly disappointing Wii sales might of killed off the entire idea.

Epic Mickey actually sold really, really well. Disney's gigantic relapse was down to other factors that, at the time, Epic Mickey was a little too late on rectifying.

• Thumbs Up 2

Epic Mickey actually sold really, really well. Disney's gigantic relapse was down to other factors that, at the time, Epic Mickey was a little too late on rectifying.