Awoo.

Epic Mickey 2

Trixie the Great

I didn't really like the first. I'm willing to give this a chance, but there is no way I'm day 1-ing it again. Will read some impressions, or perhaps rent before I purchase.

It is really good to hear the game will have full voice work. The original felt so cheap without it. It's freaking Disney afterall, not Zelda.

Please Disney, have Rob Paulsen do the voice of Oswald! He's got a great voice when you consider most of the hoedowns that were done in the Animaniacs.

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two 'is a musical' - First screens

360, PS3 sequel to feature drop-in, drop-out co-op

By Tamoor Hussain for computerandvideogames.com

The San Francisco Chronicle has pulled the veil off Warren Spector's Epic Mickey 2, which it confirms for Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii.

Speaking to the site, legendary game designer Warren Spector revealed Epic Mickey 2 will be a fully-voiced, all-star Disney musical.

"I'm such a geek about musicals," he said. "I love the co-op and next-gen stuff, but for me, when a character breaks into song, which they do on a regular basis in this game, it's magic."

Although he didn't reveal much about the plot, saying only that it will see Mickey returning to the first game's wasteland setting, he did provide a few nuggets about gameplay and features.

Epic Mickey 2 will include drop-in, drop-out co-op, with one player taking control of the eponymous epic mouse - who is armed with his world altering paintbrush - and the other playing as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit - who has a remote control that can manipulate electricity.

"You can sit down at any time with a friend who is playing as Mickey, and you can take control of Oswald," Spector explained.

"If you're playing as a single player, Oswald will be there every second of the game. He's not just a multiplayer character. He's a helper, whether you're playing alone or with a friend or family member."

In the interview, the System shock and Deus Ex creator took a moment to reflect on the rise in popularity of Oswald the Rabbit, a long forgotten Disney character ushered into the spotlight in the first Epic Mickey.

We couldn't ask people to care about this guy they've never heard of or no one has ever seen since 1928 in a Disney film," he said.

"It was unrealistic to expect people to care in the first game, but now we know they care. We hear about it from players all the time. They really, really got into Oswald, which is hugely gratifying."

Returning to the sequel itself, Spector promised the team at Junction Point have addressed some of the major issues that plagued the first game, most prominently its dodgy camera.

"We've had a team working on the camera from literally the day we finished the first game. They'll be working on it until the day we ship the second game."

"(There have been) over 1000 specific changes made to the camera. Our goal is that you will not have to touch the manual camera controls even once to play through the main story path of this game."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/340884/epic-mickey-2-the-power-of-two-is-a-musical-first-screens/

Reading the Warren Spector quotes, it sounds like the co-op situation is the same as in Sonic 4: Ep 2, meaning Oswald won't be playable on his own or as the lead character.

Yeah, I've known Oswald won't be more than a "Player 2", but I was hoping that they'd change it. Still doesn't stop me from getting this on Day 1. Hopefully I can find time enough to do another playthrough of the first one. Maybe they'll get it re-released for the PS3/360.

Okay, online coop makes me interested.

Doubly so if we have to sing the Gaston song at some point ingame to progress, I can't see how this could possibly backfire...

Kingdom Hearts II. Don't ask, just keep walking.

I never asked for this

Here's an interview with Warren Spector -- with some footage!

Plus Boxart!

81vfOFDUt2L__AA1500_.jpg

Edited by Judge Jury YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 2

I loved the first game. Sure, it had it's flaws but I feel that it's a pretty good game that had a really cool N64 platformer vibe to it. Which is good and bad.

It's great to see that they're trying to improve on the first game even though the camera bother me too much. I am so happy that it's a musical! I loved the music in the first game and I love musicals! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2U3dQBjE8Q

I had a lot of fun with the story and characters, but playing the actual game outside of the awesome side-scrolling stages was a nightmare to me. I really hope this game is a lot more fun to play in the 3D realm.

I have to say that I will definitely be getting this on the PS3, but I want to get it on the Wii for completion sakes. I would love it, however, if they would port the first over to the PS3/360, even as a free downloadable (see American McGee's Alice), or for a cheap price (seeing as you can buy the first for a relatively low cost now).

Debut Trailer

Also, I just saw the Epic Mickey: Power of Two episode of Gametrailers TV. Here's what I was able to get so far...

- Better Camera. It won't be up to the player to move the camera all the time to get the preferred view anymore. It'll adjust to the best angle possible on it's own.

- Areas from the first game -- including areas in the cutscenes -- will be in this game, expanded upon AND playable. Plus, new ones, of course.

- Option for Motion and regular controllers.

- 2D levels return. Describing it as, "Mixing it up." Some are in cartoons, others are in the Wasteland undergrounds. You can use your paint and thinner powers this time.

-Story begins with the Mad Doctor trying to prove to Oswald that he's turn over a new leaf. While Oswald is lenient -- deciding to give the Mad Doctor a second chance -- some of the other citizens aren't too sure about this and try to contact Mickey to set things straight.

-The songs aren't just in the game to be there. They help advance the plot. (Watching and listening to the Mad Doctor sing... Yeah, this is Disney quality songs, folks!) =P

• Thumbs Up 2

Pre-ordered. I'll grab the PS3 version this time, considering it apparently has online co-op. According to Amazon.com, all versions are 50!

Edited by Crow T. Robot

Pre-ordered. I'll grab the PS3 version this time, considering it apparently has online co-op. According to Amazon.com, all versions are 50!

You can pre-order this already? Wow, good thing I'm getting Kid Icarus tomorrow, might as well pre-order that too!

I got the first one for Wii...I kind-of like sticking to systems..but I guess I'll go with PS3 this time.

I'm undecided on the console. I'm really amazed that this is truly going on the Wii, and fully expect it'll be on the Wii U as soon as that's out, and it'd be silly to get a Wii and a Wii U copy. But buying for the PS3 and the Wii U seems equally silly. Ah well, I'll preorder the PS3 to lock in the $44 price, and see what happens later. 'Sides, there's also the 3DS version to consider.

On the other hand, it is good to see that fans of the first who won't have access to an HD console will still be able to play the game on their Wiis. (Regrettably, the disc drive in my Wii seems to be giving out on me, so I may not be able to play anything on it by then.)

If it is coming to the Wii U and you plan on buying one, I'd wait for that. Then you have one good game for it already and that could be a problem looking at the 3DS's launch.

I'm soooooooooooooooooo getting Epic Mickey 2 on xbox :D

Was really wanting to play the first then it was Wii only :/ Hopefully they bring the first as a Downloadable game or strictly as Games on Demand (ala Crysis)

Want some more?

GamesRadar Video Preview

http://www.gamesrada...view-whats-new/

Some new tidbits.

- Erased/restored objects no longer reset once you leave the area.

- Their goal with the camera is to have it where you won't even need to meddle with it unless your handling sidequests or looking for hidden stuff.

- Local Co-op only. No online.

-Wii is the lead platform.

Also over 8-minutes of footage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmNZRow-QVQ&feature=channel

It's basically a collab of footage from Gametrailers TV and the Debut trailer.

Edited by Judge Jury YoshiUnity

Awww, no online. Well, I guess offline's good too, my mo-I mean my friends like Mickey Mouse.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's much brighter, HUGE plus!

Other than that, it looks pretty much like the first game, which isn't a bad thing at all.

I'm really glad to hear that restored stuff won't get erased! That disappointed me the first time around because I felt all my good work was for naught.

I might get this on PS3 and Wii, although probably the former first, and then the latter when it drops in price.

Not particularly surprised that Wii is the lead platform. Of course, people will probably bitch and moan about the PS3 and 360 versions just being upscaled Wii versions. Also, what's this rumor I heard about a complimentary title being made for 3DS?

Edited by Crow T. Robot