Awoo.

Sonic Generations on PC [Officially Confirmed - Page 7]

Iridescent WP

No man. Engie mustache. It's so perfect. Heavy can have Knuckles gloves of death or something.

In any case. I might have to go out and buy a new USB controller. My old one hasn't been working perfect lately.

I recommend buying a wired Xbox 360 controller since it has native support in almost every game on PC. And what I can gather from my Mac Mini is that the PS3's Dualshock 3 and SixAxis controllers also work natively on Mac OS 10.6 and above. I'm just posting regarding Mac as this port has a good chance of being compatible seeing as a lot of other steamplay games are, like most recently, Duke Nukem: Forever, for example.

Also, we can all pretty much assume that Scout NEEDS a Sonic hat.

Edited by PCGamerStu

Early on in the Generations hype-

Huh, Wii is left out. I'll wait for the inevitable Project Cafe port or buy the cruddy 3DS version.

Wii U is announced-

No Wii U version, huh. Well, that's ok! 3DS version!

PC Version is hinted many times-

YES I CAN GET THE MAIN VERSION W00000000T!

PC version is never announced-

That's a shame, but i guess i can get an early model of the XBox 360 really cheap and- oh wow, those are cool JRPGS!

PC Version is all preordered-like-

Shoot, there goes my excuse to get an Xbox. OH LOOK HACKS! NEVER MIND! WHO NEEDS AN XBOX?

Edited by firelord767

That's good to hear. Maybe this indicates SEGA are going to officially unveil this version soon.

It doesn't seem to be on their website yet and GAME has hidden away their listing for the PC version.

Off topic: But I just spotted GameStation is now listing that the game supports 1-2 players on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.

http://www.gamestati...c%20generations

OH YEAH! This is what I've been dieing to hear! :D :D :D

-----------

ALSO OFF-TOPIC: Why the crap is up with people and hacking these days! Can't you just enjoy the original game!?

Okay I'm done... No more off-topic posts here...

ALSO OFF-TOPIC: Why the crap is up with people and hacking these days! Can't you just enjoy the original game!?

Okay I'm done... No more off-topic posts here...

Of course, we can, but its add a lot of replay value, have you seen the brawl hack comunity? i love brawl, just like it is, but we can hack it to add lot of new stages, music etc etc, the same here, they can add classic tails to play in the main game for exaple, and don't forget about Modern in classic, and classic in modern (with changing some things of the levels here)

• Thumbs Up 2

A little off-topic, but Like I've made out before, I'm REALLY hoping for a Mac port of this and there is a good chance it will be (most steamplay games are) but there is quite a lot of doubt, seeing as though sega hardly have any Mac games, the only ones I can think of are Billy Hatcher, the football manager series and spiral knights, there might be a couple more but still that is a low amount of games vs the PC side of things.

hey, guys, what do you think abhout that spec:

2 GB Ram

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.3 Ghz

Ati Radeon X1950

low settings only or not powerfull enough?

Edited by GravityLoL

Y'know, I think hacking is alright I guess. To me a game should be last gen (or older) to hack. Why? I just feel that people should really enjoy a game on its own for a while, then they can hack it if they please...

Okay, now I'm done with the off-topicness(Like my new word?)... I'll shut it now...

• Thumbs Up 1

hey, guys, what do you think abhout that spec:

2 GB Ram

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.3 Ghz

Ati Radeon X1950

low settings only or not powerfull enough?

That's good to hear. Maybe this indicates SEGA are going to officially unveil this version soon.

It doesn't seem to be on their website yet and GAME has hidden away their listing for the PC version.

Off topic: But I just spotted GameStation is now listing that the game supports 1-2 players on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.

It's also listing that it's 3+. :/

High end ATI card from 2006? Hard to say really, considering it's now a legacy card (unsupported). With no reported system specs to go by (and if there is a PC version, you aren't going to see them until a month before release), I can't even give you an partial guess. The issue I have with this is that the graphics card has no indication if it runs anything later then DX9c/OGL2.0, and even what Generations will be using (It could use OpenGL 3.3.0 for all I know).

If it does work, you are looking at pretty much base-line performance (You'll have to lower the texture/lighting quality for sure), considering the age of the card.

thnx, good to hear, if my comp will don't run it, my uncle Win 7 in 64 Bits with triple core will run it :D thnx dude :D

I'm going to get the xbox 360 version, but I hope my PC will run it, I can't wait for those sweet, sweet hacks...

You guys are better at computahz than me. So...

Where do I see the computer's specs anyway ? And how do I know if my computer can run Generations ?

Edited by Koopalmier

Go to the Start menu.

Right click My Computer.

Click Properties.

Your Specs should be there.

So...

Processor: AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core QL-62 2,00 GHz

RAM: 4,00 GB

Graphical card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

And it's a laptop.

Edited by Koopalmier

Didn't you ask for the requirements?

inb4 not working on GeForce 6200.

FUUUUUUUUUU

I'd be surprised if that card could handle any new PC game.

Since Sonic games on PC usually have low specs in mind (Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing was a port of the Xbox version) I think your laptop would be able to run Sonic Generations at a modest setting with a decent frame rate. Your laptop would run source games fine (Team Fortress 2, Half-Life etc) so I don't see why a more family oriented game like Sonic Generations won't, I mean hey kids (it's Sega's main audience, don't fan-rape me) don't have high end gaming machines, do they?

The game being for kids has nothing to do with how well it runs on the PC. Team Fortress 2 and Half-Life 2 are hardly a good benchmark for games these days and besides Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, there hasn't been a Sonic game for PC since Sonic Riders. All-Stars Racing isn't a good indication of how well it will run because it was made by an entirely different developer.

Oh, and Steamplay is NOT the same thing as Steamworks. Steamplay means that you get both the PC and Mac versions if you buy the game on Steam. Steamworks means Steam achievements, Steam cloud etc. and that you have to activate the game on Steam to play it.

Edited by TimmiT

• 2 weeks later...

GAME's added the Sonic Generations PC listing back to their website and it shows up in a search again. They've also updated the release date on it to Nov 4th like the others.

http://www.game.co.u...earchBtn=Search

http://www.game.co.u...c%20generations

EDIT:

They've added it to their GameStation site, too.

http://www.gamestati...pe=2

It's still on their Gameplay site as well, and its date has been updated to Nov 4th there, too.

http://shop.gameplay...orm=ALL&x=0&y=0

http://shop.gameplay...roductpage.html

Edited by Shadzter

And the 3DS version is still missing. I can't even get a direct link to the page since I can't access my pending orders since the site revamp.

If it really is on PC, I'm getting it because of the native 1080p resolution that only PCs can currently support. While 1080p does exist on consoles, they're only upscaled which can look a bit blurry on my monitor. Native 1080p looks really crisp and clear on my monitor, and games like the DiRT series really shine through it.

So yeah, that's why. I'm also gonna be upgrading to a quad core soon as well, to make sure it stays at 60FPS. Already got a decent card here, too (GTX 560 Ti).

Edited by Super Klonoa

If it really is on PC, I'm getting it because of the native 1080p resolution that only PCs can currently support. While 1080p does exist on consoles, they're only upscaled which can look a bit blurry on my monitor. Native 1080p looks really crisp and clear on my monitor, and games like the DiRT series really shine through it.

So yeah, that's why. I'm also gonna be upgrading to a quad core soon as well, to make sure it stays at 60FPS. Already got a decent card here, too (GTX 560 Ti).

That's not true. Game consoles can support true 1080p, but most games themselves run at a lower resolution and upscale. Unleashed doesn't run at a particularly high res at all. The PC version will no doubt have the sharpest visuals though. It's just not gonna be fun getting it work on a lot of machines :P

I know this is probably a stupid question, but has there been any sort of response from SEGA on the matter?

Surely there's been either a 'no' or 'no comment' by now?