Awoo.

Chemical Plant gameplay

speedfreak

I think I'd like it more if the person playing the game had a bloody clue how you play a videogame.

It looks great so far, it's just that the person playing it is dreadful.

• Thumbs Up 2

It looks like they did a good job with Chemical Plant, but I only needed some further proof of this after looking at the screenshots.

Now, that music, it's okay, but I have a concern that Jun Senoue is going to be involved in every single modern track, and that'd be a bad idea. I mean, Sky Sanctuary with guitars? No thanks. That guitar doesn't have to be in every single song. Doesn't mean that the songs are bad, everything sounds good aside from City Escape Modern. That's just out of place.

Kinda wish people would stop complaining about who's playing..yeah he's bad, but you don't know if he's played the past games or not. New players can't just pick up the controller and be as good as you. :V

• Thumbs Up 1

Chemical plant is amazing and I really liked the modern version.

Now just a side note in CE, I know that a lot of people didn't like the modern remix, but I think that it fits very well the unleashed gameplay.

Also one question about CP in the modern level in the underwater section the music is off or is really low?

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks like they did a good job with Chemical Plant, but I only needed some further proof of this after looking at the screenshots.

Now, that music, it's okay, but I have a concern that Jun Senoue is going to be involved in every single modern track, and that'd be a bad idea. I mean, Sky Sanctuary with guitars? No thanks. That guitar doesn't have to be in every single song. Doesn't mean that the songs are bad, everything sounds good aside from City Escape Modern. That's just out of place.

It better not come to this, I especially don't want to have Planet Wisp with guitars.

• Thumbs Up 5

Kinda wish people would stop complaining about who's playing..yeah he's bad, but you don't know if he's played the past games or not. New players can't just pick up the controller and be as good as you. :V

He's almost as bad as my three year old niece.

And she tried to play with her feet.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm not expecting someone to suddenly break all world records... but does anyone think it's going to be anywhere near as hard as he made it out to be?

It better not come to this, I especially don't want to have Planet Wisp with guitars.

I know what would make people really angry...

All of a sudden, Sky Sancturary plays... and then a dude begins to rap.

I however would enjoy watching the reaction.

• Thumbs Up 4

Also one question about CP in the modern level in the underwater section the music is off or is really low?

Really low. As of Sonic Colors the music seems to do an "underwater muffle" type thing whenever the player goes underwater. If there's an accurate technical term for that, someone feel free to let me know.

NO WAY! Planet Wisp has to be orchestral!

• Thumbs Up 1

The original had guitars. unsure.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

Looks... very not good. First off for Chemical Plant Zone, why is everything so giant? Its like they messed up the scale of the environment vs. the playable characters. This seems to be a common problem with Iizuka's games, Sonic Heroes had it here and there, NiGHTS JoD had it all over the place, and now this.

I've seen some claims that rolling has been fixed, but all I see are a bunch of speed boosters. Once again, it just looks like a bunch of those lame 2D sections from Unleashed one after another. Sonic also still does that thing where he launches off of a 90 degree slope at a 45 degree angle for some reason.

I think I'd like it more if the person playing the game had a bloody clue how you play a videogame.

It looks great so far, it's just that the person playing it is dreadful.

EVERY TIME we get early videos of a new Sonic game someone is on about this. No, the games just aren't conducive to first time players because of strange and often poorly thought out level designs and heavy controls. That's basically how its going to be for anyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really low. As of Sonic Colors the music seems to do an "underwater muffle" type thing whenever the player goes underwater. If there's an accurate technical term for that, someone feel free to let me know.

Thanks, thats better. But I had the feeling that in colors the music was higher.

The original had guitars. unsure.gif

dry.gif

You know what I meant. Rock planet Wisp is what I meant...

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks... very not good. First off for Chemical Plant Zone, why is everything so giant? Its like they messed up the scale of the environment vs. the playable characters. This seems to be a common problem with Iizuka's games, Sonic Heroes had it here and there, NiGHTS JoD had it all over the place, and now this.

I've seen some claims that rolling has been fixed, but all I see are a bunch of speed boosters. Once again, it just looks like a bunch of those lame 2D sections from Unleashed one after another. Sonic also still does that thing where he launches off of a 90 degree slope at a 45 degree angle for some reason.

EVERY TIME we get early videos of a new Sonic game someone is on about this. No, the games just aren't conducive to first time players because of strange and often poorly thought out level designs and heavy controls. That's basically how its going to be for anyone.

Explain these "lame 2d sections".

• Thumbs Up 1

Chemical Plant has 2D water sections for Modern Sonic...you know what will be awesome? If Seaside Hill had 3D water sections. I doubt it though.

I cannot wait any longer for this game!

Edited by KrazyBean14

Am I the only one who adores the Modern Chemical Plant track? I like it more than the Classic mix actually, which is just a beefed up version of the original music (not that there's anything wrong with that).

The level design for the Classic levels looks superb with plenty of paths and platforming. There isn't enough Modern gameplay to go off of, but the sliding tube looks neat and water can be explored again! (or avoided with good timing it seems) I really like how the board seems to control too.

• Thumbs Up 4

Am I the only one who adores the Modern Chemical Plant track? I like it more than the Classic mix actually, which is just a beefed up version of the original music (not that there's anything wrong with that).

This. I love Modern Sonic's Chemical Plant track so much!

• Thumbs Up 2

yeah, I can understant that the classic remixes are so similar to their original for nostalgia purposes, but theres no nostalgia in the modern counterpants. Seeing as how the modern Sonic music was so varied and diverse, its a little sad that they are closing themselves on just rock remixes

I doubt it'll just be rock remixes. All the music for the original versions of the levels that are to be reimagined to represent the modern area were not composed by Jun Senoue, but by Tomoya Ohtani and Kenichi Tokoi respectfully. So I'm sure they'll be on board as well. Also I love the Chemical Plant remix, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

Is the classic track even a remix? It almost sounds like they recorded it off a Genesis the XBLA version of Sonic 2. Just like the jump and spin sound effects.

Explain these "lame 2d sections".

They're a bit tricky to explain, but a few characteristics common to them, such as how they're horizontally stacked (yay), but they're basically parallel and distinguished only by height and how long they take. They also include a lot of those really tired reaction tests.

Chemical plant zone has speed boosters!? REALLY!? Thats certainly a new feature...

Har har, the original had something like 2 in each act. This version is practically pave with them, particularly in spots where they want to hide how the physics don't really work.

• Thumbs Up 1

The level design for the Classic levels looks superb with plenty of paths and platforming.

Sega really needs to demo a level like this on PSN/XBL before the game come out. Green Hill was pretty much straight forward level design. I heard alot of complaints against that. Here you at least have to press left a couple of times to reach the goal.

Edited by Michael Myers

Is the classic track even a remix? It almost sounds like they recorded it off a Genesis the XBLA version of Sonic 2. Just like the jump and spin sound effects.

They're a bit tricky to explain, but a few characteristics common to them, such as how they're horizontally stacked (yay), but they're basically parallel and distinguished only by height and how long they take. They also include a lot of those really tired reaction tests.

Har har, the original had something like 2 in each act. This version is practically pave with them, particularly in spots where they want to hide how the physics don't really work.

I'm sorry?

The original was speed central, and I fail to see how Generations doesn't show what Chemical Plant was about, you could run so fast you could go off the damn screen. Not to mention the abundance of straight lines with a few curves and loops just for show, Chemical Plant had probably the least platforming out of any of Sonic 2's Levels. Saying they want to hide how the physics don't really work without even touching this level in any significant way I won't even comment on.

• Thumbs Up 6