Awoo.

Chemical Plant gameplay

speedfreak

I remember seeing the option to turn off omochao in one of the old GHZ demo builds , so maybe they had that option on for this vid.

Also seems like they've added the red rings to the levels now. Spotted one in CE that wasn't in the old videos.

Edited by Blue Blood

Blue Blood is that you? You look so different without your avatar. I thought you was a new person at first til I looked at your post count.

On topic: Okay I'll admit, CPZ does look freaking awesome. Modern caught my attention more than the Classic version. But like some here have said, the modern's music sounds.....not like something I was expecting. I mean I did expect a techno/rock remix of the original but not what we got. I personally think it needs to be heavier. But I'm also assuming that the BOOOSH version will make up for it. As for the classic stage. I loved it. Just wish the player knew what the fucking hell he/she was doing. I mean my little cousin could have ran through the stage better and faster than that player. And that's really saying something. Can't wait to see it in.....3DHD!

• Thumbs Up 1

Blue Blood is that you? You look so different without your avatar. I thought you was a new person at first til I looked at your post count.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

That was awesome.....and is anyone gonna mention that the under water countdown sounds like a Nintendo DS starting up?

Edited by Jetronic

I just noticed something.. in the videos, Modern Sonic's boosting does nothing to the music. No faster drum beat and addition rhythm parts, no filter.. nothing. The only change in music I noticed was when Modern Sonic went underwater (which was great btw, it transformed the fast-paced, frenetic rock track into an ambient beat with nice bits of piano sprinkled in). I dunno why this is, but it was just my observation. I was really hoping to hear what Modern City Escape sounded like with the boosting enabled :(

lol, fix'd it now. I dislike the new, smaller avatar size.

So about the footage- like with C.GHZ and M.CE, C.CP starts off exactly the same way as the original. I wonder how far this will hold through.

It'd be really cool if C.SS started off in a teleporter, and if M.CC started with more boarding, only less shitty than the original.

I just noticed something.. in the videos, Modern Sonic's boosting does nothing to the music. No faster drum beat and addition rhythm parts, no filter.. nothing. The only change in music I noticed was when Modern Sonic went underwater (which was great btw, it transformed the fast-paced, frenetic rock track into an ambient beat with nice bits of piano sprinkled in). I dunno why this is, but it was just my observation. I was really hoping to hear what Modern City Escape sounded like with the boosting enabled sad.gif

In Chemical Plant, you're probably right, the button was always tapped, so we never got a chance to hear it. And the underwater segment seems to simply have a filter on it, but at 2:26 in the vid, it does sound a lot like a piano key, and then at around 2:34, you can hear it again. I dunno, it could be the air timer like you said, but it sounds like a piano bit to me, especially since there's another note after it.

In City Escape however, the person held the button for at least a second or 2, and I heard no change in music there, so my guess is maybe you can toggle the effects of the boost, I guess..? That or it could be a different build, maybe? I dunno, I'll admit I'm grasping at straws.

Edited by EXshad

In Chemical Plant, you're probably right, the button was always tapped, so we never got a chance to hear it. And the underwater segment seems to simply have a filter on it, but at 2:26 in the vid, it does sound a lot like a piano key, and then at around 2:34, you can hear it again. I dunno, it could be the air timer like you said, but it sounds like a piano bit to me, especially since there's another note after it.

In City Escape however, the person held the button for at least a second or 2, and I heard no change in music there, so my guess is maybe you can toggle the effects of the boost, I guess..? That or it could be a different build, maybe? I dunno, I'll admit I'm grasping at straws.

Whatever that sound is in CP, it's not part of the music. It's loud and clear while everything else is quiet and muffled. Still not convinced the boost is held for long enough for the effect to be noticeable in CE either.

Pulling my quote from TSSZ Oh hell, I'm just posting my opinions, this really isn't needed.

Wow, the Chemical Plant footage and music looks/sounds glorious.....although I can’t help but have the feeling that a lot of the hazards / badniks in Chemical Plant have had their difficulty toned down from the original. (i.e. The badniks are bigger and their attacks are slower, the blue goo waits longer before appearing again, etc.) And I agree with everyone that not all of modern Sonic's remixes should be based on rock. Also what's up with speed boosters forcing Sonic to roll and uncurl all the time? dry.gif

Edited by Ananze

I go out to the Mall for 5 hours, and a Chemical Plant Gameplay has been released? AWWW YEAH

...One thing pisses me off about this game though. The fuckin music. This is probably the worst I've ever heard in a Sonic game, referring to Chemical Modern, and City Classic. Those tracks were just shit. But the Gameplay has just surpassed all my expectations!! ..But I'm still going to put on my OWN tracks while I'm playing this.

Planet Wisp better blow my balls off with the music, or I'll be disappointed.

k, so i've seen people go both ways so far on this, but I personally thought it looked like rolling and spindashing has been tweaked for the better in this video. when the player rolled in the first part of the video, the first thing I thought was, "wow, that looks better!" Then, when the player used the spindash, and kept it charged for like, 139087 days before letting it go, I thought, "k, that doesn't seem to go as fast as it did in the GHZ demo I played..."

thoughts?

I'm kinda annoyed about people saying the game will have the worse OST just because of tracks they dislike. I mean, I don't like Aquatic Base's music from Sonic 06, but I can understand it's a beautiful piece.

Then again, it just all boils down to what kind of music you prefer. :V

EDIT: But...really, I still think people are exaggerating just a bit.

Edited by Xenos
  • Thumbs Up 3

Okay, i'm watch it.

HERE IS DOWNLOAD HD:

http://video.gameswelt.de/public/mp4/201108/42339_sonic_generations_360_gameplay_montage_gameswelt_tv_720p_HD.mp4

or Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsXV3mnqKFg

I was most surprised to missing Score panel?

In principle, like the Gameplay.

Though the music and remix Chemical Pant had never liked.

...One thing pisses me off about this game though. The fuckin music. This is probably the worst I've ever heard in a Sonic game, referring to Chemical Modern, and City Classic. Those tracks were just shit. But the Gameplay has just surpassed all my expectations!! ..But I'm still going to put on my OWN tracks while I'm playing this.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 4

My god, the modern mix for Chemical Plant zone sounded great! Might be my favorite remix so far, actually. Too bad most of it was muffled from Modern Sonic being underwater and stuff. As for the levels themselves, I'm impressed. It looks like it's really living up to what it promised it would be and I'm very excited to hear more.

And men...

23rd September 2011 is the 18th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog CD.

You know what I mean.

• Thumbs Up 1

And men...

23rd September 2011 is the 18th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog CD.

You know what I mean.

How ironic; 4 days after my B day.

And guys, I never said the WHOLE oat was bad :1 I only said I didn't like those 2, and that I would be playing my music over those 2.

And guys, I never said the WHOLE oat was bad :1 I only said I didn't like those 2, and that I would be playing my music over those 2.

Well why didn't you say that before? >:V

Wow, gotta say, Chemical Plant looks pretty awesome. I love the classic mix, it was pretty much exactly what I was expecting it to be (just like the original only enhanced). As for the modern mix, it sounds pretty cool so far but I feel like I need to hear more of it to really come up with a full opinion on it.

Is this a starpost in my pocket or am I just happy to see this glorious footage, >3?

I'm adoring EVERYTHING. The music, the design, the EVERYTHING XD. It's getting almost sad that the OST is becoming closer and closer to the item I want more than the game LOL.

• Thumbs Up 2