Awoo.

Chemical Plant gameplay

speedfreak

To get on topic...does anyone still think Chemical Plant and Stardust Speedway are close together? We can clearly see that the sky is similar now, and the destruction of CP in M.Sonic's Act could mean that Classic Sonic stumbles into Stardust Speedway afterwards. Just a thought, but it's plausible. :V

I think they do, and through the pics, it's evident that Stardust Speedway and Chemical Plant were intentionally designed to intertwine. The fight between Classic Sonic and Metal Sonic seems to give it away pretty easily.

It's a good thought, and I understand the logic surrounding it. But seeing how Chemical Plant preceded Stardust Speedway in the main canon, I have some doubts. *shrug*

To get on topic...does anyone still think Chemical Plant and Stardust Speedway are close together? We can clearly see that the sky is similar now, and the destruction of CP in M.Sonic's Act could mean that Classic Sonic stumbles into Stardust Speedway afterwards. Just a thought, but it's plausible. :V

Quick answer here before Dio attacks it. No. Two different stages from different games based in 2 different areas. SS is well what it sounds like. CP is a plant full of chemicals. Now why sonic decides to run through this area I could not tell you.

I don't think so. I know there are a LOT of vocal people on this forum and others that insist that the levels are somewhat connected, but besides one corridor and the sky being dark and red, I haven't heard a good excuse for them to be connected, or "hybrid", which most people throw around.

It's clear that Stardust Speedway is Stardust Speedway, the horns, the ferris wheel, the pipes, the lamps and all are just as they were in Sonic CD. Even the "sky" argument is looking inconsistent, because in the Stardust Speedway shots, you can clearly see lightning in the sky (which was present in the original race), but in the movie of Chemical Plant Zone, neither acts seem to show off any lightning.

Plus, didn't Mr. Webber recently say in an interview that bosses would be taking place in their original destinations? The Rival boss against Metal Sonic isn't tied to Chemical Plant, it's tied, more or less, to being a classic boss, one of two. So it's not "beat the level, play the boss", it's "meet the criteria, beat the boss." (as those who know how bosses are found/fought would know.) And not to throw out the obvious here, but Metal Sonic is definitely not the boss of Chemical Plant, so that makes no sense given what Aaron said (which should've been obvious already.)

So, no. The only reasoning people have for these two levels having relevance to each other is that they happened to be announced/revealed the same day..

and since the ALMIGHTY LEAK said nothing about Stardust Speedway, then there's NO WAY it could take place there... unless, you don't access the boss by level, per se, but instead if it said.. maybe "Rival" or "Boss".. Oh wait, that's exactly what happens.. You access the Stardust Speedway race by challenging "Rival: Metal Sonic", so it wouldn't need to directly mention Stardust Speedway... I have no idea why this concept is so hard to grasp..

Perfect Chaos isn't the rival battle for the Dreamcast Era, Shadow is, yet Speed Highway, the game from which Perfect Chaos reigns, is the first level of that trio of levels. Because Speed Highway is the Sonic Adventure level in the trio, does that mean that Perfect Chaos is going to take place there? I wouldn't assume so. It'd be under "Boss: Perfect Chaos", and would almost certainly take place in the same swampy Station Square that he was fought originally. There's no reason to assume differently for the case of Metal Sonic fought in Stardust Speedway.

When people compare Seaside Hill to Green Hill Zone like on pages previous, I can at least see they're coming from. Both are flowing, vibrant areas with checker patterns and nature themes... but to look at the pictures of Stardust Speedway (whether they were released at the same time as Chemical Plant or not,) and say "That sky is red... HYBRID!" is one of the most dumbest things I've come across.

• Thumbs Up 2

Quick answer here before Dio attacks it. No. Two different stages from different games based in 2 different areas. SS is well what it sounds like. CP is a plant full of chemicals. Now why sonic decides to run through this area I could not tell you.

Here's how I see it, this game has something called the Time Eater, and with a thing with that name, well, anything can happen. And frankly, I think delving deeper than that is just overthinking it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love the re imagining! I 'm happy that CPZ made it onto Sonic Generations (mostly because it's my most favourite level of all time)

I'm sad I will never get to play it sad.gif

Edited by iVYRAVE

I love the re imagining! I 'm happy that CPZ made it onto Sonic Generations (mostly because it's my most favourite level of all time)

I'm sad I will never get to play it sad.gif

Xbox 360's are not that expensive at all these days! Do some research and I'm sure that you'll find a cheap one.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love both levels, and especially love both new versions of the song. Makes me dance every time. :3

Shame the player made some strange choices while playing the game though. :P

I'm so much more excited about Classic and Modern experiencing each others' levels than I am when they run through familiar territory. Having said that I do still enjoy the new interpretations of said territory. Modern Green Hill and Chemical Plant and Classic City Escape are just so awesome though!