Awoo.

Chemical Plant gameplay

speedfreak

Is the classic track even a remix? It almost sounds like they recorded it off a Genesis the XBLA version of Sonic 2. Just like the jump and spin sound effects.

If you check out the direct feed video posted a page or two back you can clearly hear that it's been remastered with new instruments, much like Generations' Classic Green Hill.

Well; even if I'm not a fan of the red fog, the 50% biggers ennemies and the challenge decreased, this new level seems very interesting to play.

I don't really care about the classic level 'cause I don't want to launch a Sonic Circle-like to compare with the good old one on Genesis (same music ? O_o) but the modern one seems very fun to play with the Mega Mack waterfall, giant toboggan and underegamack parts

Was I really the only one who enjoyed the small part of CE modern? I was singing to the whole thing til the Classic crap kicked in. dry.gif

I'd like to point out, in Chemical Plant there was no indictor to tell the player that gap was coming up to slide through and in City Escape the indicators to perform tricks off of the ramps were gone. Button indicators removed or optional?

They're a bit tricky to explain, but a few characteristics common to them, such as how they're horizontally stacked (yay), but they're basically parallel and distinguished only by height and how long they take. They also include a lot of those really tired reaction tests.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like to point out, in Chemical Plant there was no indictor to tell the player that gap was coming up to slide through and in City Escape the indicators to perform tricks off of the ramps were gone. Button indicators removed or optional?

• Thumbs Up 3

Was I really the only one who enjoyed the small part of CE modern? I was singing to the whole thing til the Classic crap kicked in. dry.gif

Chemical Plant looks freaking amazing!! 0.0 That modern remix is insanely raw... but the classic remix doesn't sound any different. Was it even changed yet?

Chemical Plant looks freaking amazing!! 0.0 That modern remix is insanely raw... but the classic remix doesn't sound any different. Was it even changed yet?

• Thumbs Up 1

I go to the city for the whole day, and footage of CPZ shows up. I should go out more often, maybe Speed Highway will show up. Looks as stellar as I imagined it would be.

I figured an official CPZ remix would be rock-themed, so I'm not surprised that's the case. Too bad the video showed pretty much everything else in a Modern Sonic level, but didn't really showcase any of Modern Sonic's 3D running segments.

Also, the footage of C. Sonic ended right when the first chemical transport tube in the level showed up. That was pretty cold. D:

Edited by Razor Wind

This was some good footage to end my day on.

Modern Sonic's half of the game continues to look and sound stunning. The new arrangement for Chemical Plant sounds godly, and modern City Escape has grown on me as well.

I'm a bit concerned about Classic Sonic's level layouts though. Green Hill zone was great in the demo, but both City Escape and Chemical Plant look very barren from the gameplay footage thus seen. Lots of horizontal pathways and platforms just haphazardly suspended places. Hard to judge at this point though, really.

So are the red ring a new addition now? I never saw them in any of the older gameplay videos

A red ring was hidden in the metal constructs in Classic Sonic's City Escape level in an E3 demo. It's not a new thing.

So are the red ring a new addition now? I never saw them in any of the older gameplay videos

Nah, they've been known for a while, actually. Many people have spotted them in other gameplay vids and the City Escape Trailer as well. I just wonder what type of content you unlock for collecting them.

I was really hoping for a jazzy remix for chemical plant's modern, though it seems like all other genres will be pushed to the side in favor of rock. Though I would be quite disappointed if the likes of Sky sanctuary, Planet Wisp, and Crisis City don't sound remotely orchestrated

Also the dash pads from Chemical Plant zone can be found in Classic's City Escape

RUINED FOREVER!!!!!!!1

Also, how are people just now noticing the red rings, I mean if you forgot already, they're blank place holders were present in the level select menu (If I'm not mistaken)

Edited by Cero

Nah, they've been known for a while, actually. Many people have spotted them in other gameplay vids and the City Escape Trailer as well. I just wonder what type of content you unlock for collecting them.

Some have said that there's going to be bonus missions.

Me, well, I think there's going to be some goodies or something. Maybe it unlocks something within the coding of the Genesis emulator or something? I just hope it's not necessary to beat the game, though. I do love Sonic Unleashed, but the Sun and Moon Medal Hunting was very annoying, especially in Day levels. (which is why I use guides for that, don't judge me :U)