Awoo.

Chemical Plant gameplay

speedfreak

EDIT: Still watching but those are some WEIRD Modern Sonic voice clips....Totally different from the ones from E3. The fuck?

I think that's not the english dub...

the german one? maybe?

EDIT: ninja'd...you all are so fast >.<

Edited by Seraphinprincess

I think that's not the english dub...

the german one? maybe?

EDIT: ninja'd...you all are so fast >.<

not sure, if you look the HUD is the japanese one (boost icon is in japanese)

Inferno isn't online again. laugh.gif

He's an undercovered Sega employee I tell you!

Edited by Vec

not sure, if you look the HUD is the japanese one (boost icon is in japanese)

Now that you mention it ... it could be the japanese voice actor...

This looks quite interesting, and I'm especially drooling at the underwater gameplay. :P

I agree with Ferr, another Rock Remix is a total downer, they could go so much more creative, with other instruments etc. And the Classic Version is just a standard remix update. So far it's shaping up to be a worse OST then Unleashed/Colors. Bummer.

The Level Design looks really good tough. For Classic it really looks like Act 3. The Original Gimmicks of the Zone also look less crammed and more focused

• Thumbs Up 2

What's the problem there?

Oh ignore that post. It was the player being sucky in City Escape and not the game itself being unpolished. My bad.

Hmm... I feel that Chemical Plant Zone is lacking in the Chemical Plant parts.....and the Zone part, But everything else is fine, oh wait...

Now that you mention it ... it could be the japanese voice actor...

But it doesnt sound like Kanemaru neither... i think is just a placeholder, if im not mistaken the first E3 footage of Unleashed also had placeholder voices that werent in the final version

I agree with Ferr, another Rock Remix is a total downer, they could go so much more creative, with other instruments etc. And the Classic Version is just a standard remix update. So far it's shaping up to be a worse OST then Unleashed/Colors. Bummer.

yeah, I can understant that the classic remixes are so similar to their original for nostalgia purposes, but theres no nostalgia in the modern counterpants. Seeing as how the modern Sonic music was so varied and diverse, its a little sad that they are closing themselves on just rock remixes

Edited by Ferr
  • Thumbs Up 1

What's the problem there?

I noticed a couple of spots that could use just a little polish. During the modern version of Chemical Plant, Sonic could slide on the sides of the tube not covered with water/mega mack/chemicals/grape soda, and the boarding portion of City Escape seemed a bit slippery and awkward to control. Fortunately those areas are not "main" gameplay elements but stage-related gimmicks, so I'm pretty sure they'll be cleaned up in the final game.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Level Design looks really good tough. For Classic it really looks like Act 3. The Original Gimmicks of the Zone also look less crammed and more focused

I actually thought changing the flow of the Chemical Plant Theme to fit Modern Sonic was a good idea, and I dunno why, but I'm getting a More techno-rock feeling then just plain rock, but to each their own. =v

• Thumbs Up 1

*watched the first 40 seconds of the video*

Why is it, whenever we get a video like this, the person playing the game comes across like they've never even held a controller in their life? Let alone played a Sonic game?

YES EXACTLY!!! I hate how whenever someone tests out a Mario or Halo game, they are suddenly pros at it, and know exactly where the enemy is coming from, and where the items are. But the Second someone tests out a new Sonic game..

"Huh? How do I move Sonic, do I do it with the Analog stick? Press A to Jump? What the hell does that mean?"

Edited by Nintendoga

I thought the music sounded quite good, actually. I like how they played with the beat/tempo a bit.

But it doesnt sound like Kanemaru neither... i think is just a placeholder, if im not mistaken the first E3 footage of Unleashed also had placeholder voices that werent in the final version

I don't know...Kanemaru has always sounded weird xD.

Anyway, it's just a matter of time :P

yeah, I can understant that the classic remixes are so similar to their original for nostalgia purposes, but theres no nostalgia in the modern counterpants. Seeing as how the modern Sonic music was so varied and diverse, its a little sad that they are closing themselves on just rock remixes

Maybe there's no nostalgia for you but I get plenty of nostalgia while listening to Modern's versions.

ROLLING IS FIXED. Are people happy? biggrin.gif

What are you talking about? It still looks the same, and there were springs pushing Sonic along in some parts when he was rolling, too.

What are you talking about? It still looks the same, and there were springs pushing Sonic along in some parts when he was rolling, too.

Yeah. Thought that when I first saw it. There were speed boosters as well.

I.. wow. I'm definitely loving Chemical Plant for both Sonics. Bit disappointed that we didn't see more modern footage, and I'm a wee bit saddened by the lack of a fixed roll (but that's okay I suppose), but otherwise I'm definitely ready to play this. Especially since Chemical Plant was the main one I was waiting to see in Generations, and none of the footage has disappointed me one bit!

I watched it and I became slightly disappointed in the fact that it didn't feel polished, but then I realized the player really sucks. :V

I don't really care for the modern mix on CPZ, though. This is, what, the third Senoue-rock-rampage remix in a row? I mean, it's okay (and also no offense to Senoue's awesome musical skills), but it doesn't feel very much like the original song nor does it sound too inspired.

City Escape's boarding sequence is looking incredible, though, and also looks like a blast to control. On the note of CE, the classic variation of the stage seems to be bursting from the seams with alternate routes!

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as the classic remix goes, didn't Senoue say in a Nintendo Power interview that they were never really given much permission to tamper with Nakamura's tracks, and that they could only "decorate" it? I'm pretty happy with the Classic mix, but this might be something to keep in mind for those disappointed. Hopefully they'll be able to do a bit more with

Sky Sanctuary's Classic track

I actually quite like what we heard of the Modern Mix. I told myself if they did another rock mix I'd probably hate it, but..I dunno. I like what they're going for with this one.

And of course the game itself looks like a sheer delight, I just want to know what day in November this is releasing so I can count down the days.

Edited by Mykonos

I actually enjoyed the Modern music of CPZ, but I really hope the rest of the modern stages won't just be rock music galore.

Noticed something while rendering the video:

redring.png

I was a bit curious as to why we had never seen any red rings in Modern's levels, so it's nice to see confirmation.