Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

All right finished my essay. Now I can get excited for tomorrow. Tomorrow is THE DAY! Time to get my body ready.

So not much of Classic Sonic has been fixed, eh?

Well then,

VIDEO GAME MODDERS AND HACKERS ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

613445810_2249c2d193.jpg

Edited by CanofEpicSauce
  • Thumbs Up 4

That Meristation Preview mentioned being able to provide upgrades for Sonic.

It would be pretty awkward if they nerfed the rolling and jumping in order to provide something to upgrade....

I can see it now:

If that is indeed the case then.......WHY!?

Replay Value.

Am I the only one that might actually prefer the jumping from this game over the jumping from the original games? I like the added weight to it. It's hard to explain, but it actually felt like I was controlling something. I dunno, it just felt right.

You're probably one of very, very few. The jumping is just slightly heavy, and compared all other platformers (Sonic or not), the lack of air time really kills your judgement.

Edited by Blue Blood

Really? Classic Sonic doesn't feel any different from the demo? And not even improve the jump that's a damn shame right there. Suppose I made the right choice not pre-ordering.

All right finished my essay. Now I can get excited for tomorrow. Tomorrow is THE DAY! Time to get my body ready.

Really? Classic Sonic doesn't feel any different from the demo? And not even improve the jump that's a damn shame right there. Suppose I made the right choice not pre-ordering.

Tommorrow? You mean that IGN thing?

Yep...I can't wait as well, if it's embargo'd then it must be something new.

I enjoyed Sonic 4 for quite a while so personally, the physics don't really bother me at all in Generations...as long as the game isn't broken like 06 and it plays fine then I'll have fun (I'm looking forward to Modern Sonic more though tongue.png )

Edited by KrazyBean14

Where did whole Embargo rumor come from? were all thinking that some huge flood of news will come tomorrow when it all could be just a tiny IGN preview.

I don't know unless i see a source i think were all getting our hopes up.

Edited by goku262002

We going to see any videos from these events? or are they private like TGS?

GAMEfest and Eurogamer Expo didn't have any recording restrictions in place like SEGA had at TGS.

Here's a video from GAMEfest recorded by TrueBlue471 that I posted up on TSS:

http://www.sonicstad...-gamefest-2011/

Where did whole Embargo rumor come from? were all thinking that some huge flood of news will come tomorrow when it all could be just a tiny IGN preview.

IGN said in their video about the preview that they couldn't give any details due to an embargo SEGA has in place.

• Thumbs Up 2

People are still complaining about how Classic Sonic plays?

Has anyone ever stopped to think it's confirmed you can upgrade your characters skills like in Unleashed? Perhaps that's why he's so stiff, because you need to level him up some.

People are still complaining about how Classic Sonic plays?

Has anyone ever stopped to think it's confirmed you can upgrade your characters skills like in Unleashed? Perhaps that's why he's so stiff, because you need to level him up some.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sega intentionally made classic gameplay not play like classic gameplay so you'd have to upgrade your abilities for classic gameplay to feel like classic gameplay?

BRILLIANT!!!

Ok first of all, what the hell do they meant by a 3D , 2D Sonic game? Someone needs to explain that to me.

Second of all, they seem to have forgot Colors as a good Sonic game, and are, once again hailing Generations as Sonic's first good "3D, 2D game". Do they reset their brains in order to forget the fact that Sonic isnt as bad as he was 5 years ago?

Third, they're still treating Sonic's friends like they're devil, they really need to get over that shit, im getting real sick of it.

....I hate IGN

• Thumbs Up 3

YES! WE GET IT! THE WEREHOG WAS A FUCKING DUMB IDEA! IT'S BEEN 3 FUCKING YEARS! GET THE FUCK OVER IT!

*breathes* I feel better.

• Thumbs Up 2

YES! WE GET IT! THE WEREHOG WAS A FUCKING DUMB IDEA! IT'S BEEN 3 FUCKING YEARS! GET THE FUCK OVER IT!

*breathes* I feel better.

06 is still brought up in discussion, and that was 5 years ago. It doesn't matter about how long ago it was; unlike Labyrinth; 06,Shadow, and Unleashed were mainstream games that actually got spotlight and are definitely stains on the record for the series that it will never live down. It can try to improve and move forward, or it can keep on hiding behind nostalgia like it has of late with another subpar game: Sonic 4.

We need a 10 minute video of him just throwing that Werehog figurine. I mean I'd watch it.

*Sees shadz video*

RAYMAN!!! Oh I need to buy that game in November. Oh wait wrong topic.

Damn that's right, Rayman is coming out again. I gotta set some cash aside for that.

Edited by Balding Spider

Ok first of all, what the hell do they meant by a 3D , 2D Sonic game? Someone needs to explain that to me.

2D game, 3D graphics.

He should've said 2.5D then...

Considering that there's no such thing as 2.5D really, "3D 2D-game" is more the correct term. It's not hard to understand either. It's rendered in three dimensions, but game itself is only 2D. Ergo it's 3D 2D-game. On the flipside you could say that the S2/3/K Special Stages are 2D 3D-games.

Edited by Blue Blood