Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

He deserves worse.

OFF TOPIC: I find it a bit ironic when we say critics hate the characters usually because when they are introduced their gameplay sucks, and we get annoyed for that.

I feel bad for the Werehog because he gets shit because HIS gameplay sucked, and unlike other characters in the franchise that are playable sometimes, he is most likely not getting another chance.

ON TOPIC: I'm getting a bit tired of the fact Modern Sonic demos are only being given to the public at special events or something, I wanna play too. :<

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Paradise has posted an article about SEGA Mexico's Fall Showcase event.

On several occasions many fans have had the opportunity to attend events "gamers" which presents the news of the video game industry, however, thanks to Mexico's Sega breaks through schemes and when we could enjoy the Sega Fall Showcase 2011 . A special and unique occasion where the company exclusively presents the most anticipated titles this year. The aim is to bring gamers in a community where the protagonists are the famous characters from Sega.

During the interview we had with the Community Manager Joseph M. Saucedo, commented:

"At Sega of America were impressed with the great response from the Mexican fans, is why this week the SegaWeekMX organize a media event where attendees had the opportunity to delight the fans who won his ticket for the occasion ..."

He added:

- "The aim of this project will carry out this event every six months featuring the two major titles from Sega before launch "

Among the games available to try in your demo version, was Sonic Generations in the stage of City Escape with both classic and modern gameplay, which caused a good impression among attendees.

In the classical phase of City Escape could observe changes in the level design to keep the traditional style of the Genesis Sonic gameplay, note that the additions to the visuals are impressive, the handling of the blue hedgehog is quite smooth and easy quickly arouse nostalgia among fans to the bone, yet they will experience again the emotions caused in its glory days. Other features of the level, highlights the difficulty the first time we pass through this phase, which will challenge even to the "gamer" more passionate.

But instead, we must not lose sight of the modern part of City Escape, in which to take control at this level can feel a direct connection to the gameplay used in Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors, but it is here where there are slight changes that do not affect the gameplay much (as the elimination of vacuum homing attack). The level design reminds immediately to " Sonic Adventure 2 "which is a very good job by Sonic Team , providing a much higher degree of difficulty where you need good reflexes because of the speed and action (especially in the pursuit of the truck with the saw). No doubt Sega is betting it all with this title, the development so far has been far superior to the standards and soon we will be living the return of "The blue hedgehog." A new adventure that will break sales records. Finally, we thank José M. Sega Saucedo Mexico Community Manager and all the people who gave us the facilities to cover the Sega Fall Showcase 2011 and that made ​​us feel at home.

Photos here:

http://www.sonicpara...wcase-2011.html

My friend Felicia_Val went to GAMEfest and told me that the controls for "day Sonic" are vastly improved. She mentioned actually being able to control him now. She also notes that Classic Sonic appears to be unchanged from the 360 demo. She says she might be putting up a more in depth review and I'll link it here if she does.

• Thumbs Up 1

ARGH! ZE CREATURE IS ATTACKING ZEE CITY!

6201092398_05a1967001_z.jpg

ATTACK OF THE 50FT HEDGEHOG!

Skip to 0:26... then just keep watching.

Then at 1:52 you can see that their stage was a giant birthday cake.

And I gots the 3D one!

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oh here we go... a young woman walking around on here own... heads over to the Sega booth... look who comes over trying to get close... that Sonic eh?

Any chance we can get a translation at 12:10?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh here we go... a young woman walking around on here own... heads over to the Sega booth... look who comes over trying to get close... that Sonic eh?

Well i can translate the whole part if you want, but nothing new, he talks about the game fest in general, how gets even bigger, sonic being in all platforms (360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and DS), with both, generations and Mario&Sonic, there is a tournament for both games, the players seem to like very much Sonic generations( he says that the players want to play it again and again), says that the cake with sonic is for the 20th anniversary ( xD obviously) and nothing important, they want to make a 3rd game fest.

Edited by SuperGuzzi
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh, they don't say nothing new or of interest, they are making some contest with both Generations and the London Olympics (But I didn't hear about the prizes) and they also have some other old Sonic games for playing

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah I see, didn't think it would be anything too new, but you never know. Thank you both all the same *hands out the likes*

Also Gamefest Madrid ends today (october 2nd) might be some more footage to come of the event and Segas booth in the next few days, personally, I'm hoping for some kind of floor tour.

Oh and there was also this I found from Gamefest Madrid, not sure if this is 2011's or 2010's.. but.. well...

omg.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

We were there and we saw this...

Tgo2n.gif

Metal Sonic was celebrating a goal xDDD

And..yeah, nothing new about Generations...only that 3DS version is dubbed too.

• Thumbs Up 6

*Shadz Video*

Such fitting music /joke

Other than that. I see some new Alternative routes. I like it.

We were there and we saw this...

Tgo2n.gif

Metal Sonic was celebrating a goal xDDD

And..yeah, nothing new about Generations...only that 3DS version is dubbed too.

Wait... like actual cutscenes? Or spoken dialogue? They actually speak instead of a few "Yeah!"s and "Alright!"?!

excitedlaplz_by_bowservspeach109.gif

Wait... like actual cutscenes? Or spoken dialogue? They actually speak instead of a few "Yeah!"s and "Alright!"?!

excitedlaplz_by_bowservspeach109.gif

nonono...I don't know if there gonna be real cutscenes...I said it comes dubbed because the "yeah!"s and "Alrights!" were all in spanish xD.

nonono...I don't know if there gonna be real cutscenes...I said it comes dubbed because the "yeah!"s and "Alrights!" were all in spanish xD.

Oh right. Well we knew that already :P

I heard that 3DS ver. will have story mode. So I think it will be dubbed like Rivals series.

Jun Senoue just posted up some more videos from TGS! We can hear him playing Endless Possibilities without hearing Jean Paul... as much.

Crush 40. Please make a cover. Fucking please.

He posted the video of Tropical Resort and Emerald Coast, too.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 1

Emerald Coast is OK. I like the original more.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1