Awoo.

Zones we hate

Gaming Misfit

WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

f3Es7sA.png

I love Knuckles Chaotix, I really do and it's one of my favorite games to sit back, relax and play. Any of you who've played it though will know why this screenshot is frustrating.

Amazing Arena sucks for no other reason then that damn clock you need to find. Don't find the clock? Well to bad now it's time to redo the level and pray you find it the second time.

Not to mention the awesome music is screwed with by the "Woop" sound made whenever that damn clock thing flashes on screen.

Love KC, hate this set of levels.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ill be honest, I hated Marble Zone from the original Sonic, where spikes are pretty much instant death, constant lava pools, crushing weights, and that damn Caterkiller! Remember them, those pink caterpiller enemies where you had to hit it in the head, and hitting it anywhere else will cause it's segments to diperse down the hall. By the way, I also hated the Shellcrackers, Rollers, Spikes, and Slicers

Nal.gifShellcracker-sprite.pngArma.gifYadorin.gifSlicer_sprite.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Savannah Citadel Night: Thank god my cousin was over, or else I may not have gotten past this level. I'm probably an idiot for saying this, but I was stumped on the spinny rotating platforms for a while.

Really? I found that stage really easy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Doomsday Zone.

I understand the whole "such an epic fight to wrap up the Classic era", but when I did it, I found it a little TOO hard.

Then again, it was one of those "first time ever trying, spend 3 hours cursing then give up, then come back to it in 3 months, beat it on second try, and scream so loud that everyone wonders what the hell is wrong with you" cases. 

Lost World.

Bad, BAD memories of 2003. There's little 6 year old me on the GameCube version, in that room with the snake, and I keep glitching through the snake and falling into that water pit. 

2011, eight years later, on the PlayStation Network version, on my first out of three nights spent doing my first ever complete run of the game.

I beat it without dying.

The only zones that I truly, STILL hate (not for the "BAD MEMORIES" reason, but for the "IT WAS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS AND STILL IS" reason) would probably be Metropolis Zone, Marble Garden Zone and Eggmanland.

Savannah Citadel Night

To be honest, I never found any of the day stages in Unleashed really hard, except when it comes to the alternate missions, some of them are quite difficult, like in Dragon Road, full speed ahead, but don't break a single freaking vase...

Edited by Mysterious X

GOD OCEAN BASE. ;_;

I recently decided to play Sonic Advance 3 on an emulator and when I made it to Ocean Base, I just stopped. Everything in this level is completely unfair and made to kill you. I just couldn't deal with it.

A random memory, isn't in Ocean Base some parts like wall corners with a bug that kills you from the nothing?

I just remembered that after playing Sonic Rush a while back, I struggled in Altitude Limit Zone more than any other stage in that game. I found the first five zones to be relatively easy in Sonic Rush, but there seems to be a difficulty spike with this zone. I'd say it's more cheap than hard, due to the enormous amount of bottomless pits they introduced all of a sudden. I also really dislike the hang glider and the rocket boarding sections due to those sections resulting in instant death when you touch an enemy.

I'm guessing this was the stage that started it all............in which Dimps started to design stages around bottomless pits. xD

Edited by canderson

I'm guessing this was the stage that started it all............in which Dimps started to design stages around bottomless pits. xD

I think there was a few examples of that in the Advance trilogy. Secret Base, Ice Paradise (screw that level to HELL) and Sky Canyon come to mind. 

But yeah, Altitude Limit was where Dimps really did start to go crazy with bottomless pits, especially at the end of stages. If you haven't played the DS version of Colours, you ain't seen nothing yet. Nearly every level does it there xD

BULLET STATION. - Specifically the Team Sonic version.

I was stuck on this level for years after the release of Heroes. All because of Heroes' shitty grinding mechanic. And six year old me.

But seriously, if it wasn't the bad grinding that caught me out, it was that kart section in the middle. Christ.

I didn't beat this level until about 2008 or so. Five years after the release of Heroes. And I still had the rest of Team Dark and Chaotix to do. 

Now, however I can beat this level and this game with ease. I hate past me. Dx

I still retain the hate for the level though.

BULLET STATION

I don't suppose I hate it as a zone or act, just the whole idea of grinding in Sonic Heroes.

Oh, you know what else I hate? Pretty much every Chaotix stage in Heroes where you have to kill all the enemies. (or similar missions). You have to kill all of them. You can't skip them. And some are pretty easy to miss. It's just...why SEGA, why?

Hence me saying " I'm probably an idiot for saying this."

Oh, you know what else I hate? Pretty much every Chaotix stage in Heroes where you have to kill all the enemies. (or similar missions). You have to kill all of them. You can't skip them. And some are pretty easy to miss. It's just...why SEGA, why?

You just reminded me of one of my worst nightmares....! (Just kidding!)

As a matter of fact, I can't hate it as a stage either, but as a mission itself.

I played the second mission of Seaside HELL, 'collect ALL freaking hermit idiots', after 25 to 30 minutes and 4 to 5 back-to-starts, I, and totally 'accidentally' found the 12th one on the right side of the road slightly after the beginning of the stage, before you encounter the first round way (the path where you move around in a vertical circle up and then down, don't quite know what they call it), which was an annoying thing but also a relief, and kind of a surprise that I found it completely coincidentally.

Hence me saying " I'm probably an idiot for saying this."

Heh, saying your opinion doesn't mean you're and idiot, having troubles with a stage no other person in the whole world has, is normal, happens all the time.

When I was a kid, I had much trouble with Big's fishing, but it wasn't long until I realized the speed of each button, and the way to take advantage of the fish's (or Froggy's) direction of movement. After that it became all very easy.

Except for Twinkle Park's rank A mission, that required a 2000-kilogramme fish, that freaking mission was the only emblem that I could never collect by myself in Sonic Adventure DX, no matter how hard I tried and how much time I wasted, no fish that big would just come up.

Heh, saying your opinion doesn't mean you're and idiot, having troubles with a stage no other person in the whole world has, is normal, happens all the time.

Don't take what I say all that seriously. Poking fun at yourself for sucking at a level is just how I roll :). Trust me, I know sucking at a level in a video game doesn't make you stupid.

Oh, good then. happy.png

But quoting yourself seemed to me like a way to emphasize, or to say that Blaire was calling you stupid, things of that sort.

BULLET STATION. - Specifically the Team Sonic version.

I'm gonna be honest; as a concept, I LOVE Rail Canyon and Bullet Station with all of my heart.

Just the thought of grinding on the same rails as a bunch of trains is absolutely amazing in my mind.

The thing that just plain messed up the stage was Heroes' grinding mechanics AND the fact that there was random explosions and rails collapsing out of NOWHERE and you had about half a second to react.

Actually, pretty much every Heroes level past Bingo Highway for pretty much being thin platforms over a giant chasm.

You just reminded me of one of my worst nightmares....! (Just kidding!)

As a matter of fact, I can't hate it as a stage either, but as a mission itself.

I played the second mission of Seaside HELL, 'collect ALL freaking hermit idiots', after 25 to 30 minutes and 4 to 5 back-to-starts, I, and totally 'accidentally' found the 12th one on the right side of the road slightly after the beginning of the stage, before you encounter the first round way (the path where you move around in a vertical circle up and then down, don't quite know what they call it), which was an annoying thing but also a relief, and kind of a surprise that I found it completely coincidentally.

When I was a kid, I had much trouble with Big's fishing, but it wasn't long until I realized the speed of each button, and the way to take advantage of the fish's (or Froggy's) direction of movement. After that it became all very easy.

Except for Twinkle Park's rank A mission, that required a 2000-kilogramme fish, that freaking mission was the only emblem that I could never collect by myself in Sonic Adventure DX, no matter how hard I tried and how much time I wasted, no fish that big would just come up.

You're better then me. I STILL can't figure out the controls to Big's gameplay. V_V

• Thumbs Up 1

Big the Cat's fishing stages were terrible. I had no idea how the controls worked beyond luck, and I didn't care nearly enough to find out.

Ugh, Heroes shitty grinding mechanics really make any team's version of Bullet Station annoying...

Well, by the time I got to that point with the other teams, I had figured out what to do.

Stay in Flight Formation. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Using fly-type characters is the thing for me, even if rail switching gets glitchy, you can fly to recover, and even if you fall at some tricky rail, you'll still have some time to recover. It's the best way to lose as least lives as possible. It's easy to dodge cannon beams and switch to another rail slowly and easily. (Sure it can waste your time giving you an E sometimes.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, by the time I got to that point with the other teams, I had figured out what to do.

Stay in Flight Formation. 

Yeah, this is pretty much what I do.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mad Space. Does ANYONE like this stage?

Yeah I like it... as a design you know, it's really cool, small planets, moons, unknown and unseen stuff... But as a mission? I FREAKING HATE IT!