Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

*reads demo code again while waiting for video making program to finish with something*

I think I just found something, here's a bit from the story sequence:

"StoryLabel ("after_area3");

- All open Area3

Actor: wait_step (WaitGateKey, {bne});

Actor: wait_step (WaitStageClear, {bne});

PauseQuitStage ();

PlayEvent ("ev091", EV_GAMESTAGE);

Actor: wait_step (WaitEventFinish, {EV_GAMESTAGE});

ResumeQuitStage ();

OpenHardMode (bne);

StoryLabel ("after_bne");

Actor: wait_step (WaitChaosEmerald);

local blb = GetStageTypeID ("blb");

OpenStage (blb);

EndLoading ();

StoryLabel ("before_blb");

self: waitBlbFinish (blb);

setStoryNextModule (MODULE_EVENT);

PlayEvent ("ev113", EV_EVENTSTAGE);

Actor: wait_step (WaitEventFinish, {EV_EVENTSTAGE});"

I'm no programming expert but it seems "wait" and "Wait_step" mean not be accessible until certain requirements are met. for instance it seems the Egg Dragoon (BNE) is programmed to not be accessible until enough keys have been found and until you've beaten the level that came before (Planet Wisp). By that logic, the Time Eater (BLB) is programmed to not be accessable until all 7 Chaos Emeralds have been found. So we may have to go and find them first. This goes with that preview that said missions unlock them.

Any idea of how we're supposed to get those emeralds? Since there's no special stages, I'm guessing that we'll get them either from the missions, or they'll just be automatically given to us in the story.

Any idea of how we're supposed to get those emeralds? Since there's no special stages, I'm guessing that we'll get them either from the missions, or they'll just be automatically given to us in the story.

Like I said, it looks like we'll get them through missions.

Maybe I should have Thatotherguy upload the video I made that was removed. That way everything regarding the demo is on the internet before the second one. There won't be any loose ends....................well actually there were two funny glitches I accidentally deleted off of my Hard Drive.

How do we obtain the boss keys exactly? Do we just complete the levels regularly?

I just had an idea, what if the Hard Modes get you the Chaos Emeralds..........oh but then there would be one missing.

I just had an idea, what if the Hard Modes get you the Chaos Emeralds..........oh but then there would be one missing.

>7 chaos emeralds

>9 levels

...whut?

• Thumbs Up 1

Did you count time eater in that?

That wouldn't make any sense: why the deuce must you kill/defeat the final boss on hardmode first in order to unlock the emerald that allows you to get to the boss to begin with!?

P.S. this is based on the comment at the top of this page by JacktheInfinite101.

Edited by Enigma2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hold on, I can't remember, but how many NPC Cutscenes are there?

I remember there being about 11. But from what I've seen from previews, a lot of the stuff the characters say when talking to them seems to be just certain tips and hints. Which seems redundant because of Omochao...

Hold on, I can't remember, but how many NPC Cutscenes are there?

I remember there being about 11. But from what I've seen from previews, a lot of the stuff the characters say when talking to them seems to be just certain tips and hints. Which seems redundant because of Omochao...

Hey it gives me a good reason to keep Omochao off. I'd rather get tips from Sonics friends than from that little devilspawn

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey it gives me a good reason to keep Omochao off. I'd rather get tips from Sonics friends than from that little devilspawn

Good point... But I still want to know why there's only about 11 of 'em.

Let's see... I'll make another list of where they'll be.

Classic And Modern Miles "Tails" Prower: Green Hill

Modern Amy Rose: Chemical Plant

Modern Knuckles The Echidna: Sky Sanctuary

Cream The Rabbit: Speed Highway

Rouge The Bat: City Escape

Espio The Chameleon: Seaside Palace

*Unknown*:Crisis City

Vector The Crocodile: Rooftop Run

Charmy Bee: Planet Wisp

That's 8 I know so far, so maybe 8 of those 11 are for those certain characters, others, not sure...

• Thumbs Up 1

Aaron Webber confirmed that you get different cutscenes if you save a character with Classic or Modern Sonic, so they should be 9x2 =18 cutscenes.

Edited by Chameleon-Guy

That's 8 I know so far, so maybe 8 of those 11 are for those certain characters, others, not sure...

I think that there were 18 cutscenes

I'm pretty sure you'll unlock the first six emeralds by defeating the bosses and get the last one through a cutscene right before the battle with the Time Eater. Or maybe you start off with one of the Emeralds.

• Thumbs Up 1

Blaze will be in Crisis City. She was mentioned in the demo files pretty often and we've seen her at the picnic, plus she also fits into Crisis City perfectly. Strongly assume this will be Blaze from Rush but it'll be interesting to see what she has to say about Crisis City.

Edited by ENVY

Blaze will be in Crisis City. She was mentioned in the demo files pretty often and we've seen her at the picnic, plus she also fits into Crisis City perfectly. Strongly assume this will be Blaze from Rush but it'll be interesting to see what she has to say about Crisis City.

Heck I wonder if she'll even recognize silver. And what about that one crisis city mission known as "select canon"?

Heck I wonder if she'll even recognize silver. And what about that one crisis city mission known as "select canon"?

I think that was just a typo of 'cannon' if I remember rightly but yes, I wonder if she will indeed.

Edited by ENVY

As Envy said, it was a typo. And moreover, do you actually think there'd be such as option as "select canon"?

I wonder if it will be even 06 Silver. I mean both Modern Bosses are completly different and it seems that their reason for fight is different too. I mean Sonic never fought Silver in Crisis City and this can point tlhat Silver isnt searching for Iblis Trigger but maybe Time Eater? Oh and yeah IF Silver and Blaze will meet this would be indeed interesting.