Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

What about the PC version? i think it will be better for hacking, right?

I'm not getting the PC version because on my computer, graphics that hi-res, and gameplay that fast, would LAG like nobody's business. But yes it will be easier to hack and there will likely be lots of hacking vids.

Noted.

Wait did I forget to include the link? Silly me:

http://blip.tv/thatotherguynamedjack/the-unleashed-trilogy-super-sonic-5638725

• Thumbs Up 3

Something I hated in Colors. How Super sonic does not get his grinding animation. Guess that does not change in Generations huh? Well it's still a very early build so I can't say anything. Good job on getting Super sonics to work. Even though they don't get their full abilities yet.

I hope its changed to, he looked stupid gliding over the rails.

O: UHM.... So I notice he has the "Results Screen" music in his demo hacks...why haven't we asked him to idle on the screen and record the full MP3 for us yet? D: Or did I miss it if he did already. Or actually, HOW did he get that if the demo rips from before didn't contain it?! =O *Curiousness*

O: UHM.... So I notice he has the "Results Screen" music in his demo hacks...why haven't we asked him to idle on the screen and record the full MP3 for us yet? D: Or did I miss it if he did already. Or actually, HOW did he get that if the demo rips from before didn't contain it?! =O *Curiousness*

There's a magic trick out there called video editing. I...er...Thatotherguy added a small snippet of the music he got from another video. Same goes for all the flying sound effects heard, he just used ripped sound effects from the Super Sonic boss fight against the Time Eater.

Holy dicks that Modern Super Sonic run looked awesome. Can't wait to do the actual thing.

Also, I guess I was the only one that was completely fine with Super Sonic flying instead of grinding? Fits with his traditionally having altered animations anyway. Sonic 2, Sonic 3, and Sonic Heroes anyone?

There's a magic trick out there called video editing. I...er...Thatotherguy added a small snippet of the music he got from another video. Same goes for all the flying sound effects heard, he just used ripped sound effects from the Super Sonic boss fight against the Time Eater.

XP I know what video editing is, but I assumed because you hacked the game to get all of these other wonderful things out of a simple demo, perhaps you somehow got the results screen music to magically 'work' or something. *shrug* But alright then =O

Holy dicks that Modern Super Sonic run looked awesome. Can't wait to do the actual thing.

Also, I guess I was the only one that was completely fine with Super Sonic flying instead of grinding? Fits with his traditionally having altered animations anyway. Sonic 2, Sonic 3, and Sonic Heroes anyone?

I liked it. Other animations are cool too, like in Sonic 3 when he crouches he actually looks like he's preparing to take off. I cannot wait to speedrun the hell out of this game with Super Sonic.

I liked it. Other animations are cool too, like in Sonic 3 when he crouches he actually looks like he's preparing to take off. I cannot wait to speedrun the hell out of this game with Super Sonic.

OMG I forgot about that. I've never crouched in the Super Sonic hack *checks to see if Classic Super Sonic has that animation*

*after checking Classic Sonic* Ok so the Super Sonic version is present, however it's the same crouch he normally does. But Modern Sonic's normal crouch actually looks like the Super Sonic crouch from the Classics so if they keep his the same then we're good *goes to check Modern Sonic* Yep.

• Thumbs Up 1

I probably missed this in the thread somehow, but is there any indication on how the Chaos Emeralds are obtained? Do you get them from the red rings, or what?

I probably missed this in the thread somehow, but is there any indication on how the Chaos Emeralds are obtained? Do you get them from the red rings, or what?

No. But my guess is that you get the emeralds for beating the bosses since there are 7 bosses.

Why don't the rings go down as Super Sonic? Is it because of an early build, or what?

Why don't the rings go down as Super Sonic? Is it because of an early build, or what?

It's because he isn't playing as Super Sonic. He's playing as Sonic, with a simple model swap.

• Thumbs Up 1

Certain Challenges in the hub will unlock Chaos Emeralds.

...and you know this, how? Was there something in the recent video previews that indicated this, or...?

Oh. Okay.

Don't be disheartened. The coding for Super Sonic doesn't exist in the demo, but there's a HUD icon for the Chaos Emeralds, implying you'll simply have to press Y to activate him in the final build. The same mechanic is used for the Wisps and Sheilds.

Dat Super Sonic run

I only hope that for the final game we don't have the main theme playing over and over again with the same 9 second loop.

• Thumbs Up 5

Google Translation: "Between the actual levels, there are still challenges - including Sonic CD from the famous race against Metal Sonic. Anyone who masters this will be rewarded with more levels, additional music, artwork, diamonds and more chaos." It sounds to me more like he beat Metal Sonic and got a Chaos emerald, proving my point.

Anyway it seems I was right about there being another demo after all:

"http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/10/new-sonic-generations-demo-coming-october-19th"

Someone who can read French also made this comment:

"Being french, I can confirm what he said on stage in the video: There will be a new demo October 19th, plus a little detail: it’ll be an exclusive level. SEGA’s French Rep says it right after saying the Demo release date."

Exclusive? My interpretation of that is that it's a level we haven't seen yet, so that crosses out City Escape. Also considering how Trial_ver2 had Rooftop Run, I think that's what we're getting.

Either way I'll try to find a digital copy of the PKG (I don't want to download it off of PSN because I don't want to sign into PSN with the modded PS3 and I would have to update anyway) and I'll see if they finished programming Super Sonic in regular levels (they had better), as for actually enabling him, provided they aren't smart enough to remove all the Super Sonic assets from the player files (I would) I'll try but don't expect any miracles because I'm not sure I know how to.

*Inb4everyonewillbeplayingSonicGenerationsby19thOctober*

No offence Jack. smile.png

Just thinking out loud that SEGA will goof off again.