Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I don't get it. What are you referring to? I see it in the coding but I don't know what it means.

It's a refrence to an ability NiGHTS has.

It's a refrence to an ability NiGHTS has.

Well I just found something about Paraloop in Sonicactioncommon.ar which is a file that is about common actions for both Sonics so whatever Paraloop means in this game, it's something that normal Sonics do.

That's pretty neat. Wonder if that's how they internally referred to the moves in Unleashed's Perfect Dark Gaia fight (where you're hitting the snake things to lower the shield), or if they plan on doing something similar this time?

Oh BTW I might be wrong about SS in reg levels not being programmed. The reason I say this is because I looked for any programming for the shields and I found about as much code for them as I did for Super Sonic in reg levels but we know they're in the demo so maybe Super Sonic is coded in the demo, but if he is it's probably impossible to unlock him otherwise PolygonJim would have done it, or maybe not because that would get SEGA's attention, but even then He'd probably describe it on a forum post, that's what I'd do if I couldn't show it.

What I do know is that C Sonic has 4 sound effects for SS: a noise indicating you can change into him (the same one used in Colors), transforming into SS, flying, and reverting to normal. M Sonic doesn't have any at this point but fret not because he doesn't have a sound effect for grabbing a bubble either and we know he does that in the game.

I dont know why people have problem with Final Boss being fought by Super Sonic/Classic Sonic/Shadow/Silver. I mean those battles are most epic moments in series so why not?

I personnaly don't find building up skill through standard gameplay in the anticipation of kicking the final hurdle's ass with the tricks I've picked up on being thrown out of the window in favour of some flying segment (similarly I have a problem with the machine sections in Assassin's Creed)

As for them being epic, fair enough if it's your cup of tea, but since I saw the Perfect Chaos fight in the bosses trailer I prefer the notion of Sonic taking on the big bad without the need of the emeralds

Are we sure that the programming refers to Modern Super Sonic and not the Time Eater itself? I can definitely imagine Nights wanting to eliminate Sonic.

Are we sure that the programming refers to Modern Super Sonic and not the Time Eater itself? I can definitely imagine Nights wanting to eliminate Sonic.

This is programming for the player file, programming for the boss would be in another file.

I personnaly don't find building up skill through standard gameplay in the anticipation of kicking the final hurdle's ass with the tricks I've picked up on being thrown out of the window in favour of some flying segment (similarly I have a problem with the machine sections in Assassin's Creed)

As for them being epic, fair enough if it's your cup of tea, but since I saw the bosses trailer I prefer the notion of Sonic taking on the big bad without the need of the emeralds

Well the SS boss can be challenging. I know it usually isn't, but in Sonic Unleashed they did actually make it a challenge for once. Hopefully they do the same here.

Well, I hope the Super Sonic battle is fun this time. I hated the fight in the Xbox 360 version of Unleashed, but I enjoyed the PS2 version of it.

Well, I hope the Super Sonic battle is fun this time. I hated the fight in the Xbox 360 version of Unleashed, but I enjoyed the PS2 version of it.

See now my opinion is that while I like both versions of the fight, both versions were missing something. I think that both versions should have been combined into one boss:

Anyway I have a theory: Ususally SEGA releases a trailer which gives us a 2-min preview of the rock theme, I think the Through the Ages trailer was that trailer. You might think it doesn't count as a Sonic Gens trailer, but it is downloadable in the Xbox Live Marketplace under Sonic Gens. So maybe a Live and Learn remix is our rock them, which would be good because then we'd get an epic orchestral remix of Live and Learn for the final boss :D

3 more days until a new demo. Azukara, expecting some good things to come out of this! if anything just some new tracks like the result screen.

I personally find the SS boss to be the icing on the cake really. When its done right its fast, frantic, and fun as hell.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well the SS boss can be challenging. I know it usually isn't, but in Sonic Unleashed they did actually make it a challenge for once. Hopefully they do the same here.

It's not really the difficulty aspect that bothers me, but I sort of get where your coming from with this (Also never played Unleashed, can't really comment). Oh well, heres hoping Classic segment of the fight is similar to Doomsday anyways

Anyway I have a theory: Ususally SEGA releases a trailer which gives us a 2-min preview of the rock theme, I think the Through the Ages trailer was that trailer. You might think it doesn't count as a Sonic Gens trailer, but it is downloadable in the Xbox Live Marketplace under Sonic Gens. So maybe a Live and Learn remix is our rock them, which would be good because then we'd get an epic orchestral remix of Live and Learn for the final boss biggrin.png

I had the exact same thoughts, the mix on that tralier had far too much attention to it just to be used for that cool.png

I personally find the SS boss to be the icing on the cake really. When its done right its fast, frantic, and fun as hell.

IT definitely gives it that climactic feel.

I hope that Live and Learn Remix is theme as well. Heck we will know in less then 15 days when someone RIP soundtrack. Man cant wait :D

I liked Unleashed's Perfect Dark Gaia fight on the HD consoles, but the QTE stuff was Bullshit. Press X 60 times? I hate when games let you play and master an entire game without button mashing, and then require you to mash buttons right at the end. It took me like...Fiftyleven times to get that. They did it in Legendary Starfy(an easy game otherwise) as well. My fingers are slightly damaged from an accident in my youth, I can precision platform and think fast. Unleashed gameplay is fine for me. But I CAN'T button mash.

I liked Unleashed's Perfect Dark Gaia fight on the HD consoles, but the QTE stuff was Bullshit. Press X 60 times? I hate when games let you play and master an entire game without button mashing, and then require you to mash buttons right at the end. It took me like...Fiftyleven times to get that. They did it in Legendary Starfy(an easy game otherwise) as well. My fingers are slightly damaged from an accident in my youth, I can precision platform and think fast. Unleashed gameplay is fine for me. But I CAN'T button mash.

I used to button mash a lot, I think it was because of my bad luck picking games that force you to do QTE's.

Now my fingers get twitchy, and when I move them as fast as I can, my hand shakes like Crazy Hand.

...But at least my hands aren't stiff anymore. :V

I can imagine for the final boss, as Modern Super Sonic, right before you finish Time Eater, you go into the trick combo system.

You would go like COMBO 1,2,3,4,5,6,

then Super Sonic would say something witty before it goes like

FINISH!!!

and boom, end of boss.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can imagine for the final boss, as Modern Super Sonic, right before you finish Time Eater, you go into the trick combo system.

You would go like COMBO 1,2,3,4,5,6,

then Super Sonic would say something witty before it goes like

FINISH!!!

and boom, end of boss.

Nah the final attack will probably be that combination thing because that way both Sonics deliver the final blow.

Lol, that reminds me of when I was in seventh grade and I broke my wrist. I tried to play some games and had a similar problem.

So simply beating the Time Eater will unlock Super Sonic playability in the levels, then?

Well, thank god I don't have to do anything extra afterwards, like getting those frustrating red rings. lol

Seriously, though, I wonder why they didn't do something this simple in the previous games? Play through the game, get the Emeralds according to the story, and then defeat the MotW with Super Sonic to unlock him in the levels?

Must've been due to time constraints after all (with the exception of Colors, of course)...

So simply beating the Time Eater will unlock Super Sonic playability in the levels, then?

Well, thank god I don't have to do anything extra afterwards, like getting those frustrating red rings. lol

Seriously, though, I wonder why they didn't do something this simple in the previous games? Play through the game, get the Emeralds according to the story, and then defeat the MotW with Super Sonic to unlock him in the levels?

Must've been due to time constraints after all (with the exception of Colors, of course)...

MotW? Does that stand for Monster of the Week?

*reads demo code again while waiting for video making program to finish with something*

I think I just found something, here's a bit from the story sequence:

"StoryLabel ("after_area3");

- All open Area3

Actor: wait_step (WaitGateKey, {bne});

Actor: wait_step (WaitStageClear, {bne});

PauseQuitStage ();

PlayEvent ("ev091", EV_GAMESTAGE);

Actor: wait_step (WaitEventFinish, {EV_GAMESTAGE});

ResumeQuitStage ();

OpenHardMode (bne);

StoryLabel ("after_bne");

Actor: wait_step (WaitChaosEmerald);

local blb = GetStageTypeID ("blb");

OpenStage (blb);

EndLoading ();

StoryLabel ("before_blb");

self: waitBlbFinish (blb);

setStoryNextModule (MODULE_EVENT);

PlayEvent ("ev113", EV_EVENTSTAGE);

Actor: wait_step (WaitEventFinish, {EV_EVENTSTAGE});"

I'm no programming expert but it seems "wait" and "Wait_step" mean not be accessible until certain requirements are met. for instance it seems the Egg Dragoon (BNE) is programmed to not be accessible until enough keys have been found and until you've beaten the level that came before (Planet Wisp). By that logic, the Time Eater (BLB) is programmed to not be accessable until all 7 Chaos Emeralds have been found. So we may have to go and find them first. This goes with that preview that said missions unlock them.

• Thumbs Up 1