Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Aww, Come on!

I just hacked the bloody demo! (Full credit to Jacks tutorial,)

Now there on about releasing another?

Actually, that's not a bad thing xD

No. But my guess is that you get the emeralds for beating the bosses since there are 7 bosses.

There's still a problem: how do you fight Time Eater as SuperSonic if you have to beat him to get the last emerald?

There's still a problem: how do you fight Time Eater as SuperSonic if you have to beat him to get the last emerald?

Get Emerald before or durning 1st Phase.

Besides, I thought it was generally accepted that Colors was a pre-Generations in many ways. And since there's a lot of Red Rings which are used to unlock all sorts of things, well...

You can get the Emeralds out of order, so getting them from bosses doesn't really work.

I doubt they will be "Just there" in missions. I hope they will be story related. And where was getting Emeralds out of order shown/mentioned?

You could see it in the GIGA video.

I checked Giga.de video and you can clearly see they've got first 2 Emeralds: Green and Purple. And they finished 2 Bosses in that build. So....

They also have the 4th(Yellow) Emerald.

I can barely see it but its possible. Maybe Rivals are optional (I hope not) or you can just get them without order. I mean did you get them in order in Heroes or 06?

Maybe you get the first 6 emeralds for beating the bosses and the last one for beating all of them in hard mode.

"Between the actual levels, there are still challenges - including Sonic CD from the famous race against Metal Sonic. Anyone who masters this will be rewarded with more levels, additional music, artwork, diamonds and more chaos."

=

"You have supplementary challenges between the actual levels - including a battle against Metal Sonic like in Sonic CD. If you do these extra missions, you'll unlock more levels, additional music, artwork, and Chaos Emeralds."

Makes it sound more like missions give you Chaos Emeralds. Probably the racing missions.

• Thumbs Up 1

he just used ripped sound effects from the Super Sonic boss fight against the Time Eater.

Wait, you fight Time Eater as Super?

Goddammit, just when I thought the emeralds where all-but confirmed to be non-story related angry.png I'm bloody sick of these end battles, hell I was willing to deal with it if the Time Eater was another MotW, but if it's one thing I've hated from recent titles it's the broken Super gameplay & the awful forced, predictable endings that went with it...

Goddammit, just when I thought the emeralds where all-but confirmed to be non-story related angry.png I'm bloody sick of these end battles, hell I was willing to deal with it if the Time Eater was another MotW, but if it's one thing I've hated from recent titles it's the broken Super gameplay & the awful forced, predictable endings that went with it...

lol, you've missed a lot then. You play as both Sonic's for the battle, and do various combo moves. I'm excited to see it honestly.

lol, you've missed a lot then. You play as both Sonic's for the battle, and do various combo moves. I'm excited to see it honestly.

Seriously ? Since when do we know that ? HOW do we know that ? I doubt there's written "oh, hey, mr hacker, don't tell anyone that you fight the final boss as Super Sonics and do combo moves and shit, lol" somewhere in the demo. :V

Did I miss something ?

REALLY?! Wow...that sounds like a DBZ game fused with the final battle of Sonic and the Secret Rings! I'm stoked to see this biggrin.png

It seems like the Unleashed Final Boss with Classic Sonic.

I don't remember that info coming out of the hacks. I remember seeing both Super Sonic models, but I don't remember any info about the fight with Time Eater.

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems like the Unleashed Final Boss with Classic Sonic.

Really, so we're not actually going to attack the final boss but instead have some really godawful extended QTE sequence?

• Thumbs Up 2

Really, so we're not actually going to attack the final boss but instead have some really godawful extended QTE sequence?

4:49 but with Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic..or atleast the last couple minutes of the boss fight. Wait..where did we even get the final boss info at anyways? Did SEGA show like a video of it and I missed it?

It's been around since Sonic & Knuckles :V

God damn it more arguments. Ok let me clear them up:

How could you fight the time Eater without the 7th emerald? Simple, in the story they get the 7th emerald in the cutscene right before the boss and you earn it in the game after defeating it, playing as Super Sonic against the Time Eater and playng as him in regular levels are 2 different things, Super Sonic in regular levels is a skill that both Sonics have programmed, whereas the Super Sonics for the final boss are completely different player file from Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic's.

As for the person asking for evidence that the Time Eater is fought by both Super Sonics, he're the proof:

"if bde == enter_stage then

SetupPlayer(PLAYER_CLASSIC);

elseif bpc == enter_stage then

SetupPlayer(PLAYER_GENERIC);

elseif bne == enter_stage then

SetupPlayer(PLAYER_GENERIC);

elseif blb == enter_stage then

SetupPlayer(PLAYER_SUPER);"

BDE stands for Boos Death Egg, BPC stands for Boss Perfect Chaos, BNE stands for Boss New Eggman Robo (Egg Dragoon) and BLB stands for Boss Last Boss. Also there are 3 player files: Sonic.ar (Modern Sonic), SonicClassic.ar, and SonicSp.ar. While the first two have assets for their respective Sonics (and their super counterparts), SonicSp.ar has assets for both Super Sonics and that's it. There are also Sound effects in the file with names like "Light Attack" "Atomic Spin" and "Combination"

Honnestly I like the last boss being a Super Sonic boss, as long as we can still play as him in regular levels too. We should be able to do both because it's fun to play as him in reg levels but it's also really fun (and really epic) when the last boss is fought by Super Sonic, it's usually the highlight of the game. Even in games like Sonic 06, I still love the Super Sonic boss.

Oh hey guys here's a cool reference: I was just looking at the programing file for SonicSp.ar (the one for the final boss), I'm not sure how much of it is leftover M Sonic programming and how much of it matters for the final boss, but I found something interesting:

"<Nights>

<Param>

<HomingAngleDegree>360</HomingAngleDegree>

<HomingRangeDegree>60</HomingRangeDegree>

<IgnoreReverseTime>0.75</IgnoreReverseTime>

<MaxScaleAura_Nights>1.5</MaxScaleAura_Nights>

<MinScaleAura_Nights>1</MinScaleAura_Nights>

<NightsAccel>1000</NightsAccel>

<NightsAccelBoost>3000</NightsAccelBoost>

<NightsAngularAccel>9.42478</NightsAngularAccel>

<NightsAngularAccelBoost>1.88496</NightsAngularAccelBoost>

<NightsAngularAccelReverse>3141.59</NightsAngularAccelReverse>

<NightsMaxAngularVelocity>7.85398</NightsMaxAngularVelocity>

<NightsMaxAngularVelocityBoost>1.5708</NightsMaxAngularVelocityBoost>

<NightsMaxAngularVelocityNoInput>3.14159</NightsMaxAngularVelocityNoInput>

<NightsMaxAngularVelocityReverse>94.2478</NightsMaxAngularVelocityReverse>

<ParaloopMaxLengthSuperSonic>500</ParaloopMaxLengthSuperSonic>

<SphereLowerLimit>5</SphereLowerLimit>

<SphereUpperLimit>50</SphereUpperLimit>

<StraightFlightThreshold>1</StraightFlightThreshold>

<TurnAroundTime>1</TurnAroundTime>

</Param>

</Nights>"

I'm guessing this is programming for flying controls but it's internally referred to as "Nights", kind of cool.

• Thumbs Up 7

I dont know why people have problem with Final Boss being fought by Super Sonic/Classic Sonic/Shadow/Silver. I mean those battles are most epic moments in series so why not?

• Thumbs Up 1

The Paraloop better return that's all I gotta say.

I don't get it. What are you referring to? I see it in the coding but I don't know what it means.