Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I'm gonna go out and buy a video-recording device just so I can do LPs. Any suggestions?

If you have a HDTV then buy the Hauppague HD-PVR...it's pretty expensive but it's the best recording device out there. It records from 480i (SD) to 1080i (HD) in full Widescreen, I recommend recording gaming videos at 720p and Movies and such in 1080i. It hasn't got HDMI compatibility so you'll have to buy a Component Cable for your console in order to connect it.

If you have a SDTV then buy the Dazzle Capture Card, I tried it once and it's a good bang for your buck...you'll also have to buy a double sided composite cable and 3 Y splitter adapters so that you can connect the Capture Card into the TV and the Console into the Capture Card.

They both have USB ends to connect it into a computer...If you want more info then PM me. Hope this helps. smile.png

Edited by KrazyBean14

Did anyone expect him not to be boosting?

I was actually hoping for a Green Forest battle, which didn't involve boosting.

Here you go:

slide_04.png

After seeing this I can only guess Time Eater is 1 of 2 things

1 He's a giant black hole that consumes all of time and space.

2 he's a reassembled Egg Nega Wisp Armor rebuilt by the 2 Eggmen.

So I just realized something about the Planet Wisp screenshot...

So in the distance there, that's a cave, right? And in the missions list we got from the demo it mentions a tram happening at some point, which usually refers to a street-car/Trolley, but is also used to describe mine carts as well. And the Eggpawns are wearing hard hats , though I can't make out if they have lights on them or not...

So guys, my theory is, what if Planet Wisp has Mystic Cave segments in it? =D Although with mine carts added (Since Mystic Cave was all on the tracks, but there were no actual mine carts). They've shown they're willing to add in classic stage throwbacks to modern levels, so I can see it happening. =D

So I just realized something about the Planet Wisp screenshot...

So in the distance there, that's a cave, right? And in the missions list we got from the demo it mentions a tram happening at some point, which usually refers to a street-car/Trolley, but is also used to describe mine carts as well. And the Eggpawns are wearing hard hats , though I can't make out if they have lights on them or not...

So guys, my theory is, what if Planet Wisp has Mystic Cave segments in it? =D Although with mine carts added (Since Mystic Cave was all on the tracks, but there were no actual mine carts). They've shown they're willing to add in classic stage throwbacks to modern levels, so I can see it happening. =D

That would be AWSOME! Yet frightaning for me since i experienced alot of glitches in mystic cave... Stupid invisible floor impeeding my progress.

Edit: And since Shadow can boost maybe he will be unlockable.

Edited by Eternlo
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just thought of something, what if around the end of the race with shadow, the platforms your running on start falling apart like at the end of colors after you beat the nega wisp robot thing, and sonic is running from the giant purple explosion of doom.

Edited by Eternlo

I just thought of something, what if around the end of the race with shadow, the platforms your running on start falling apart like at the end of colors after you beat the nega wisp robot thing, and is running from the giant purple explosion of doom.

Come to think of it, I forgot that sections of the platform did start to fall away if you didn't keep up with your opponent.

Come to think of it, I forgot that sections of the platform did start to fall away if you didn't keep up with your opponent.

Yeah, but instead of a whole segment, it would be smaller parts. And maybe it would start falling apart faster the longer the race/battle took.

Edit: I also think the final scene of the game should be a party for sonic and every character including the classic characters would be their, so it would happen before the timeline is fixed. It would also be cool to see special cutscenes like in unleashed, one could be modern and classic sonic having a chili dog eating contest.

Edited by Eternlo

The yellow thing next to the meteors.

Ahh, I see it now, i thought it was a light cause it was yellow. So now ill join in...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

And thnks for pointing that out to me, i would have kept thinking it was a light.

You know what. I just thought of something, what if during the first part of the shadow battle "For True Story" plays just like in the original. Then, once shadows health if half gone he'll say something like "I see. I've underestimated your strength. But now it's time I unleashed the ultimate power!". And then Live and Learn will start playing while shadow throws stronger attacks at you to give you that "shit got real" vibe.

Edited by Johnny Boy

^ Probably not, but it'd be interesting.

Honestly, I look forward to hearing For True Story again. Hopefully they remix it; that'd be even MORE awesome... ^^

Oh yeah, haven't commented for a little while. Although I knew it was going to be based on the Ark battle, I just gotta say that I'm glad they did use that one; way better (and harder). The 2D version will probably be like the Metal Sonic rival battle, except you've actually got to BEAT Shadow instead of merely outrace him (that is, of course, if the Metal Sonic rival battle IS just outracing Metal Sonic).

And I LOVE how they reimaged the Ark... SO epic.

Is anyone else surprised there's no Sonic 3 levels? For me it's the best of the series, just amazed there's no Ice Cap or even Launch Base in the home console version.

It's already been talked about quite a bit. I'm pretty sure it was talked about earlier in this topic or one of the other Generations topics.

Edited by sjmaster92

• 2 weeks later...