Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Now that the Shadow rival battle has reminded me...

That picture... what does it mean. o_o

Seriously. It's labeled as "gameplay", so they're names that appear on-screen. So why doesn't Metal Sonic have one.. or why does Cream have one? It confuses me to no end.

DYucU.png

This? I'm not sure, really. I'm assuming it's for the 3DS Version, I heard it had some Co-op similar to the HD version with a few differences. And Metal Sonic might be the part of the box --in the center-- that's missing.

DYucU.png

This? I'm not sure, really. I'm assuming it's for the 3DS Version, I heard it had some Co-op similar to the HD version with a few differences. And Metal Sonic might be the part of the box --in the center-- that's missing.

It's a texture from the 360 version.

:V....

Then I'm guessing it might be for the Co-op/Vs Missions, or something. Maybe the characters name shows up on the load screen somehow? Strange.

EDIT: Also, I'm trying to look for the other picture of this: screenshot20110913at525.png

The older one, I wanted to check and compare them.

Edited by Xenos

Sonic-Generations-Picnic-Screenshot.jpg

There you go, Xenos.

Might just be me, but the lighting seems better in the new frame of it. And at least now we have proof that it's a cut-scene, rather than some stock image made for promotion sake, or other such bs people tried to excuse it as. And it's also fairly evident that it's an in-game cut-scene rather than CGI to me, since the level of detail on the models, environment and lighting are very different from Sega's pre-rendered stuff.

And trust me, I have had arguments about it being a cut-scene or it being CGI before. =/

• Thumbs Up 2

Appreciated, Shade! happy.png

Now from what I can tell...

screenshot20110913at525.pngSonic-Generations-Picnic-Screenshot.jpg

• The coloring is a lot more vibrant, and everyone has a consistent degree of shade on them.
  • Cheese is facing the right way. :V
  • The trees look like they have much more color and texture, the leaves look great, too.
  • The box looks sort of strange in the more recent picture, though...
  • The character models don't look as glossy or dark as before, a + to me.
  • After looking at the older one, it almost looked like it was foggy! No wonder everything else is clear and crisp in the newer picture.
  • The Newer one happens before the older one ironically. And I mean in terms of when it's animated.

That's about all I could spot, even though most of the points are the same, really. :V

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, for being a hyperactive bee, Charmy's the most still out of all the characters in that little animation progression.

Paradox much?

• Thumbs Up 1

Appreciated, Shade! happy.png

Now from what I can tell...

screenshot20110913at525.pngSonic-Generations-Picnic-Screenshot.jpg

• The coloring is a lot more vibrant, and everyone has a consistent degree of shade on them.
  • Cheese is facing the right way. :V
  • The trees look like they have much more color and texture, the leaves look great, too.
  • The box looks sort of strange in the more recent picture, though...
  • The character models don't look as glossy or dark as before, a + to me.
  • After looking at the older one, it almost looked like it was foggy! No wonder everything else is clear and crisp in the newer picture.
  • The Newer one happens before the older one ironically. And I mean in terms of when it's animated.

That's about all I could spot, even though most of the points are the same, really. :V

I thought of something. What if the screen isn't you know better, more polished etc etc. BUT it's just Sonic opening his eyes?

It's a birthday picnic. It has to be a surprise right? So someone said to Sonic to close his eyes and he opens them slowly after someone said to him to that.

We see the picnic through Sonic eyes. That's why the pic is a little foggy not all the colours are there.

What you think?

Even though we have already established that the foggy picture actually comes just after? You hypothesis would assume the other way round, which doesn't make any sense.

If anything, it looks to me more like whatever capturing equipment was used isn't exactly the best, thus making the picture seem more foggy.

Even though we have already established that the foggy picture actually comes just after? You hypothesis would assume the other way round, which doesn't make any sense.

If anything, it looks to me more like whatever capturing equipment was used isn't exactly the best, thus making the picture seem more foggy.

Oh i'm sorry i didn't know we established that. It was a moment's thought so yeah you are right about that it doesn't make much sense.

Oh well live and learn. :)

If they do a silver battle i hope it takes place in kingdom valley. Although Seeing castle town in Hd wouldn't be so bad.

I really don't see why it would. Silver only fought Sonic in one place, so it will probably be that Soleanna Castle Town. If they did change the environment I'd imagine it would be Crisis City, since it would mean we get a pretty epic place to fight without the need to create an entirely different environment. Also wasn't Kingdom Valley the one place where Sonic and Silver team up? If anything I'd say it was the least likely level to be used.

EDIT: Come to think of it, using Soleanna as the backdrop for Silver's battle would mean we had not just two Italian-inspired cities in one game, but in one era. It would be interesting if the battle took place at night during the celebration from the intro. Silver does actually find him then before the story decides to leave that moment for later (lol). With the dark red clouds and fireworks that would look pretty sweet.

Edited by Lungo

You know, for being a hyperactive bee, Charmy's the most still out of all the characters in that little animation progression.

Paradox much?

Nah, Vector finally had to forgo paying the electric bill to get him back on Ritalin.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ritalin is EVIL!!!! it made me fall asleep in my mexican pizza in elementary school, i literally became pizza face... until i washed it off.

On topic: cream is the one that didnt move that much, just her mouth.

I wonder how they're going to fit the Shadow fight into the timeline (if they even bother to address the issue) because Generations is now suggesting that Shadow fought Sonic twice on his way to the Eclipse Cannon...and the 2nd time Sonic decided to change his shoes :P

Is this is the first time that we're getting a space stage in a HD Sonic Game?

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

These pics are amazing! Very nice find. I'm not sure what to think of the Death Egg boss. In Sonic 2 is was threatening, not so much in 4, but here? It looks a bit derp.

Surely Shadow having a boost confirms him as an unlockable character? He'd easily be worked in to modern Sonic's levels and it's also his 10th anniversary. For classic stages, perhaps Metal Sonic?

Surely Shadow having a boost confirms him as an unlockable character? He'd easily be worked in to modern Sonic's levels and it's also his 10th anniversary. For classic stages, perhaps Metal Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anyone expect him not to be boosting?

Also, I noticed the Great Egg Robo, seems to be a type of chase boss, too. It looks like he'll be walking and you'll have to be going after him and hitting switches.

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually, we had Death Egg in ASR and E.G.G. Station in Sonic 4.

Time Eater changes time excuse.

More importantly, this does explain why the moon is back. It's not the same one. This one is clearly made of cheese.