Awoo.

New Smash Bros?

The drunkard from space!

Can someone please explain to me why there's such interest in making Skull Kid a playable character when there's other Zelda characters(Midna, Zant, Impa, Vaati) that would work better.

I just really can't see Skull Kid having much in the way of moves.

I'm going to assume it's what remy said. People are trying to show their love for Majora's Mask somewhere but, this poll isn't the right place. I honestly don't think we need any more Zelda characters anyway.

Can someone please explain to me why there's such interest in making Skull Kid a playable character when there's other Zelda characters(Midna, Zant, Impa, Vaati) that would work better.

I just really can't see Skull Kid having much in the way of moves.

They've made characters out of less. Between the Majora boss fight and stealing stuff Link did/used in the game, they'd have more than enough to work with.

Plus, Skull Kid was awesome, Majora's Mask was awesome, Zant was pretty balls.

• Thumbs Up 2

Again the problem is that Skull Kid does not have much in the way of moves, and trying to use Majora's Mask is a bad example since everything that Skull Kid did in that game was cause of Majora controlling him.

At least with characters like Midna, Zant, Impa, and Vaati they actually have powers that could be used to come up with moves.

That's why I've been saying make Majora a boss or assist trophy. It certainly makes more sense than giving it or Skull Kid a playable character slot.

I'd love to see Midna, but Zant....meh, and I haven't played through Minish Cap to appreciate Vaati enough, and Impa...meh.

As for borrowing moves from Majora, what's wrong with that? Majora had some cool moves that would be cool to have control over in battle. And Skull Kid's immature and spontaneous personality would make it easy to think of some crazy melee moves.

It's certainly no more out-there than, say, Captain Falcon, who had to have every single one of his moves made up from scratch. No one complains about that, so "no fighting moves" shouldn't really be an argument.

Again the problem is that Skull Kid does not have much in the way of moves,
Yeah and neither did Captain Falcon, or Fox, or Zelda, or ROB, but no one's crying because they made some things up, adapted some existing things, stole some moves from other characters, etc.

and trying to use Majora's Mask is a bad example since everything that Skull Kid did in that game was cause of Majora controlling him.
I'm pretty sure everyone asking for Skull Kid is expecting Skull Kid with Majora's Mask...so what's the problem? And actually no, it wasn't just Majora controlling him, more like Majora was guiding Skull Kid's destructive impulses to his benefit.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Doesn't Majora's Mask like literally say Skull Kid was just a puppet that outwore its usefulness at the end?

Yes, because it was manipulating him. Not because it had a full lockdown on his mind.

• Thumbs Up 2

Doesn't Majora's Mask like literally say Skull Kid was just a puppet that outwore its usefulness at the end?

Yeah, but Majora still needed Skull Kid up to that point. Majora needed a mischievous spirit that he could bend to his will. Without Skull Kid, Majora's Mask would have just stayed in the possession of the Happy Mask Salesman, unable to do any evil. The way it's implied, Skull Kid had anger and darkness within him even before he took the mask, so Majora just took advantage of that.

Skull Kid was a puppet, but not 100%. Majora influenced him, but he wasn't completely unaware of what he was doing.

• Thumbs Up 1

If we wanted MM represented, I'd prefer that MM somehow become relevant again so they would make the Younger Link based off MM this time and use his mask transformations.

• Thumbs Up 2

If we wanted MM represented, I'd prefer that MM somehow become relevant again so they would make the Younger Link based off MM this time and use his mask transformations.

Yeah and neither did Captain Falcon, or Fox, or Zelda, or ROB, but no one's crying because they made some things up, adapted some existing things, stole some moves from other characters, etc.

If the Zelda Universe didn't already have enough representation I can see where you're coming from. The Zelda cast now in Smash is fine and should just stay that way, given T/Y.Link could possibly go and Ganon could use his own original moveset.

Yeah, but Majora still needed Skull Kid up to that point. Majora needed a mischievous spirit that he could bend to his will. Without Skull Kid, Majora's Mask would have just stayed in the possession of the Happy Mask Salesman, unable to do any evil. The way it's implied, Skull Kid had anger and darkness within him even before he took the mask, so Majora just took advantage of that.

Skull Kid was a puppet, but not 100%. Majora influenced him, but he wasn't completely unaware of what he was doing.

The only Zelda character I want to see now is Wind Waker Ganondorf.

It would be an improvement.

This is great as far as story goes for MM but it doesn't make him a great or interesting fighter, especially compared to a swordsman like the SS guy with the hard to type name

You mean Ghirahim? I wouldn't mind seeing him actually, but he's not exactly an established character in the series like Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, I mean he only appeared in one game.

You mean Ghirahim? I wouldn't mind seeing him actually, but he's not exactly an established character in the series like Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, I mean he only appeared in one game.

Well to be fair, Sheik and Ganondorf (his human form at least) only appeared once before their inclusion in Melee

This is great as far as story goes for MM but it doesn't make him a great or interesting fighter, especially compared to a swordsman like the SS guy with the hard to type name

Because there aren't ANY characters who use swords in Smash Bros!

And they could never make a moveset out of magic and whips. That's just impossible. It would be totally unoriginal and no one would ever want to be Skull Kid ever Skull Kid is dumb MM is dumb I hate everything

LOLBUTSERIOUSLY Skull Kid would be the shit and you should just feel bad about this post.

Edited by HyperMetalWario
  • Thumbs Up 1

I still don't see how Skull Kid is in any way an interesting character, both in MM and as a potential fighter. It was extremely easy to forget that Skull Kid even existed after getting Link's original form back - there's mentions of him on rare occasions, but even then, it's not much. And there's heavy implications that Termina was going to shit anyway, even without the moon dropping. On the other hand, in OoT, Ganondorf is mentioned constantly in the main plot as the reason for pretty much everything bad happening in Hyrule, he leaves direct evidence of his dickery all over the place.

And if I wanted a fighter with whips and magic, I'd rather have a Belmont filling that niche instead.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

I still don't see how Skull Kid is in any way an interesting character, both in MM and as a potential fighter. It was extremely easy to forget that Skull Kid even existed after getting Link's original form back - there's mentions of him on rare occasions, but even then, it's not much. And there's heavy implications that Termina was going to shit anyway, even without the moon dropping.

And if I wanted a fighter with whips and magic, I'd rather have a Belmont filling that niche instead.

This post pretty much sums up my feelings on Ghirahim, except the game constantly rams him down your throat and is like HEY LOOK IT ISN'T GANONDORF REMEMBER THIS GUY HE'S NOT GANONDORF SO FIGHT HIM LIKE TWELVE TIMES CAUSE HE'S NOT GANONDORF and then he revives Ganondorf.

Also, Skull Kid is directly or indirectly responsible for pretty much everything going wrong in Termina. :|

Edited by HyperMetalWario

I still don't see how Skull Kid is in any way an interesting character, both in MM and as a potential fighter. It was extremely easy to forget that Skull Kid even existed after getting Link's original form back - there's mentions of him on rare occasions, but even then, it's not much. And there's heavy implications that Termina was going to shit anyway, even without the moon dropping. On the other hand, in OoT, Ganondorf is mentioned constantly in the main plot as the reason for pretty much everything bad happening in Hyrule, he leaves direct evidence of his dickery all over the place.

I agree completely. I really don't understand why people want Skull Kid to be honest.

It's true you don't see much of Skull Kid, but he's responsible for the majority of the shit going down in Termina. You learn about him and Majora through talking with others about their troubles, and it makes you realize how much of an impact on the world he/they are having. This is also true when you see characters react to the moon's inevitable crash.

In other news, here are the current VGTribune stats:

Total votes: 244213

Professor Layton (Professor Layton) (2194 votes, 0%)

Isaac (Golden Sun) (606 votes, 0%)

Shulk (Xenoblade) (5734 votes, 2%)

Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda) (108373 votes, 44%)

Megaman (Megaman) (102241 votes, 41%)

Ridley (Metroid) (13939 votes, 5%)

Ghirahim (Legend of Zelda) (7132 votes, 2%)

King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) (3994 votes, 1%)

Skull Kid has been in the lead for a while, but Mega Man has constantly been VERY close behind. A shame, since I highly doubt he has even a small chance.

Skull Kid causes chaos in just Termina, and Ghirahim causes chaos that starts the cycle of the titular Legend, which would then extend to MM itself, since if Demise didn't curse OoT Link to take part in the legend, he would have no incentive to travel to MM to search for his friend, and would still be living in Kokiri Forest and palling around with Saria.

Thank Ghirahim for everything.

Edited by Qwilfish

It's true you don't see much of Skull Kid, but he's responsible for the majority of the shit going down in Termina. You learn about him and Majora through talking with others about their troubles, and it makes you realize how much of an impact on the world he/they are having. This is also true when you see characters react to the moon's inevitable crash.

In other news, here are the current VGTribune stats:

Total votes: 244213

Professor Layton (Professor Layton) (2194 votes, 0%)

Isaac (Golden Sun) (606 votes, 0%)

Shulk (Xenoblade) (5734 votes, 2%)

Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda) (108373 votes, 44%)

Megaman (Megaman) (102241 votes, 41%)

Ridley (Metroid) (13939 votes, 5%)

Ghirahim (Legend of Zelda) (7132 votes, 2%)

King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) (3994 votes, 1%)

Skull Kid has been in the lead for a while, but Mega Man has constantly been VERY close behind. A shame, since I highly doubt he has even a small chance.

Does this poll have any real importance? Or is it just some random site polling people that Sakurai wouldn't pay any heed to if his head was on fire?

I want Nintendo vs. Marvel vs. Capcom.

The results of the poll are goint to be presented directly to Sakurai himself. Whether or not he will acknowledge it in any way, shape, or form is anyone's guess, but I think it's at least worth watching.