Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

It really does. We spend absolutely no posts on actually talking about the Wii U almost all the time.

It's just like neogaf.

The tie that related this to the topic I'm pretty sure was that the PS4/Xbone had bigger enticing things to offer, hence why people have stated they've bought PS4's/Xboxes with games like stated above. The Wii U has enticing things but they are nowhere near the hype level that a game like Kingdom Hearts 3 had upon announcement. The Wii U needs things like that to raise bigger interest.

Say, here is a thought, arent we a little overdue for a new Nintendo wars game? perhaps they are planning a new one for the Wii-u, I mean there are ton of creative things you could do with that style of game with the gamepad, say how about thoughts and ideas on how they could integrate the gamepad into a nintendo wars game(for those that dont know, the series includes: Famicon Wars, gameboy Wars, Batalion Wars, Super Famicon Wars, and Advance wars)

Say, here is a thought, arent we a little overdue for a new Nintendo wars game? perhaps they are planning a new one for the Wii-u, I mean there are ton of creative things you could do with that style of game with the gamepad, say how about thoughts and ideas on how they could integrate the gamepad into a nintendo wars game(for those that dont know, the series includes: Famicon Wars, gameboy Wars, Batalion Wars, Super Famicon Wars, and Advance wars)

If they ever could make another one, it would be a nice thing. I've never seen it on a big screen before, since all the games are on handhelds or older ones are Japanese only. It is one of my favorite handheld series and have played it a lot in the past. I'm just not sure if they would or not. That last one they made where they decided to change the entire style and storyline of the games didn't seem to sit too well.

If they ever could make another one, it would be a nice thing. I've never seen it on a big screen before, since all the games are on handhelds or older ones are Japanese only. It is one of my favorite handheld series and have played it a lot in the past. I'm just not sure if they would or not. That last one they made where they decided to change the entire style and storyline of the games didn't seem to sit too well.

ummm actualy there were Batalion Wars 1 and 2 on the Gamecube and wii respectively

ummm actualy there were Batalion Wars 1 and 2 on the Gamecube and wii respectively

Yes, I own them. They are okay games yes, but they do seem a bit far apart from what made the handheld games so good. The concept seems to work better in turn based rather than action time, at least the way they did it there.

Is this acceptable to be talking about here though?

Yeah too right, I can't believe how abysmally W101 sold, it is by far one of the best games on the Wii U to date, I guess it is "too" different for it's own good.

It's a shame because it's the only game that's brought me the closest to feeling like an actual super hero, it has it's own world, it has it's own typical super hero trope characters, cliché banter, it has a comic book approach to everything and the game just keeps throwing bigger, badder & stronger enemies at you.

The story is pretty fucking bonkers and awesome to boot, not to mention the graphics and how much shit happens on screen at once.

Remember Ninety Nine Nights on the 360? It was gloating about holding 300 enemies on screen at any one time? Have you even SEEN the boss battles in this game? You can be flying high above the city in a space ship, chasing after a 3 headed fucking space dragon whilst avoiding it's fireballs and high rise buildings.

The engine this game runs on is not to be scoffed at, at all, the draw distance is incredible.

It really is a shame, playing the demo, I really love the crap out of it and im sure there is plenty more there to love. It just sucks that such a great game was ruined by poor advertising and horrible stock in stores, its makes me worry for bayo 2 when that comes out.

Yes, I own them. They are okay games yes, but they do seem a bit far apart from what made the handheld games so good. The concept seems to work better in turn based rather than action time, at least the way they did it there.

Is this acceptable to be talking about here though?

Well it's certainly a better topic of discussion than how great the PS4 is. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Sorry. :V

A new Nintendo Wars game would be pretty cool, I remember playing Advance Wars on the DS a few years back and enjoying it. A full console RTS could be a lot of fun, plus they could make it a spin-off for a popular series to garner some more attention for it. Take a page out of MS' book and release a Metroid Wars or something, maybe?

As far as RPGs go I'd really love to see a Mario RPG on a console. Not Paper Mario, but a full-scale big budget JRPG-esque game, like what Mario RPG was at its time. I generally enjoy the Mario RPGs a lot more than the platformers.

Sorry. :V

A new Nintendo Wars game would be pretty cool, I remember playing Advance Wars on the DS a few years back and enjoying it. A full console RTS could be a lot of fun, plus they could make it a spin-off for a popular series to garner some more attention for it. Take a page out of MS' book and release a Metroid Wars or something, maybe?

As far as RPGs go I'd really love to see a Mario RPG on a console. Not Paper Mario, but a full-scale big budget JRPG-esque game, like what Mario RPG was at its time. I generally enjoy the Mario RPGs a lot more than the platformers.

Actualy, something me and a buddy of mine were discussing, is what if Nintendo and SE made a deal that got them Geno for SSB4, and part of the deal was a Super Mario RPG followup

And I mean TRUE sequel, not the awesome, but spiritual sequel Paper mario and its series

If they would make the Advance Wars series into an turn Based strategy when they brought it to a console, that would be awesome yes. Battalion Wars was ok, but being not an TBS, and some of the controls, especially the Wii version where aircraft were virtually unflyable with the Wiimotes, I do think hurt the success it could have brought. Advance Wars, with its create a level features and its unique CO's made it a wonderful TBS and one of the better ones there are period. It actually was about strategy, since all the units were all the same with just slight variations, so if you didn't plan it right, you could be run over in one big mistake.

I just haven't seen a new entry since I bought that real life looking one on the DS so many years ago when it came out.

I don't know, I never really could get into advance wars and battalion wars for me has a good sense of difficulty and strategy to it and the gameplay is pretty fun (though the ai could use some work). Also, I like how your own skills play some part in the success of a mission instead of just pick and choosing commands (not meant as an insult to advance wars or anything, just that RTS have never been my thing unless they offer something unique and interesting to the table).

I don't want to belive it's fucking Donkey Kong

but all evidence points to it being fucking Donkey Kong

that was disappointing enough at the first world premiere

rimshot-o-2.gif

At least it'll be good, I suppose. Still kinda bummed they weren't working on Star Fox.

I love me some Dankey Kang

but they better have something huge planned for Danky Kang if they're going on stage at VGX with it.

[AGGRESSIVELY CROSSES FINGERS]

I want a new HD Hyrule pls

Actualy Imagine the waves they would make if they DID announce it, and a release date for next year, now that owuld be interesting!

I'll watch just in case they announce glorious HD Zelda but that seems more like an E3 sort of thing honestly.

They might pull it out now because of the recent performances..

I could imagine some decently big game announcement done here, just to show the Wii U is still live and kicking despite its newly launched competitors. Zelda could be extreme but also would likely go viral(?) and they'd plan on showing new or first footage at E3.

If Reggie gets on that stage and says the announcement is you can play as Kranky Kong on Donkey Kong, I doubt it's really going to shift any waves at all. A lot of people will probably facepalm in fact, including me. 

[AGGRESSIVELY CROSSES FINGERS]

I want a new HD Hyrule pls

Actualy, here is a thought, what if they did a MM remake using that engine? and a new title as well of course