Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

They should definitely release a new Pokemon spin off game on Wii U just like Coliseum and Gale of Darkness. Battle Revolution was shite so no more of those pls.

I really don't want it to be something as predictable as DK Tropical Freeze. Surely if it's such a big announcement it'll be an amazing new game reveal or something. ;-;

I'm hoping if it's a game we already know about, it's Smash Bros. If anything's gonna move systems, it's that one.

We haven't had any gameplay footage since the Sonic reveal, and it was very short clips.

They should definitely release a new Pokemon spin off game on Wii U just like Coliseum and Gale of Darkness. Battle Revolution was shite so no more of those pls.

I really don't want it to be something as predictable as DK Tropical Freeze. Surely if it's such a big announcement it'll be an amazing new game reveal or something. ;-;

Goddamn, Colliseum and XD: GoD were so good.

What was wrong with it?

It was basically useless without a DS with a 4th gen game.

Imagine playing Pokémon Stadium while being limited to about 20 second stage Pokémon if you didn't had the GB games.

What the heck is a hoenn remake?

Also, count me as one who hopes its not something from pokemon, it just got its game like a month ago and if the announcements some patch or something it would be really disappointing (sides I don't really like pokemon that much) but seeing as though the evidence points to it I guess thats what we're getting.

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt it would boost sales, the fact that the main series have gone 3D has pretty much the need for a console battle sim redundant.

What the heck is a hoenn remake?

The remake of a underdone Pokemon game that everyone hated up until now.

Hoenn was the region in which Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald were set.  So basically a Hoenn remake is an RS and/or E remake.  I'd like to see another Colosseum/xD type, although preferably in a region with wild pokemon as well (thus nearer the main series games).  PBR basically stripped out the battling parts and dropped the whole story, exploration, region parts of the games as unnecessary.  I disagree.

Hoenn was the region in which Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald were set. So basically a Hoenn remake is an RS and/or E remake. I'd like to see another Colosseum/xD type, although preferably in a region with wild pokemon as well (thus nearer the main series games). PBR basically stripped out the battling parts and dropped the whole story, exploration, region parts of the games as unnecessary. I disagree.

I highly doubt it's Pokemon, but I'll easily take that over fucking Cranky Kong, lol.
  • Thumbs Up 3

The remake of a underdone Pokemon game that everyone hated up until now.

Why was it so hated exactly?

I never really understood it myself. I thought the lore was pretty good. Especially the stuff with the Regi's and that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still hoping and betting that it's Zelda U. 

Reggie is currently being seen strutting around with a Zelda jacket on :V

bam4f51ciaeylba__medium.jpg

Second of all (the bigger deal),  Reggie also posted a video about how he has a Master Sword, and Geoff Keighley (host of GTX) retweeted it.   Of course, Keighley also knows the entire GTX line up so I'm kinda seeing this more of a hint of whats to come than just "lol this is cool".

They're at the "hardcore games" show where there's gonna be grit and 'epic' games everywhere. There is a need to build hype unlike any other, especially that resembling the 2004 E3 Zelda reveal. Lots of ambition and want to show off the new Zelda from both Aonuma and Miyamoto. Reggie is doing it up just like the Twilight Princess reveal as well.

I mean, it could be DK or Pokemon related (which honestly IMO would blow), but if this was the big Zelda reveal.. then good.

I'll miss it though cuz I'll be at work. ;_;

Why was it so hated exactly?

I never really understood it myself. I thought the lore was pretty good. Especially the stuff with the Regi's and that.

I can only speak personally , but -

The evil team's plan was stupid

The Pokemon are ugly as hell

WATER ROUTES WATER ROUTES WATER ROUTES

Rival sucked

Emerald had the worst Champion

I think there was more but that's off the top of my head.

• Thumbs Up 2

But Gen III has Blaziken and Gardevoir so you're not allowed to say it has ugly Pokemon ever.

I legitimately don't care about Blaziken at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

Rival sucked

None of those things really bothered me. I liked that in Emerald, Stephen was the real Champion, just hiding in some cave. The rival did suck, but to be honest, I think all Rivals suck in the pokemon games I've played so far (Yes that includes Gary Motherfucking Oak, never liked him...He can take his 10/8 Gym Badges and shove 'em where the sun don't shine).

Most of the Pokemon designs were rather lacklustre, but there were a few really good ones. Most of the Legendaries all looked awesome, 'specially Rayquaza. I also thought the starters look pretty boss. Also Metagross.

I'd love a Zelda U (Which was already supposed to be at E3 and Comic Con) or a Metroid U/3DS announcement.

Rival sucked

I liked What's-his-name. Him overcoming his sickness and becoming a strong trainer made him pretty likeable to me.

I thought there were a lot of cool Pokemon ideas in the game. Like Surskit, Ludicolo, Nincada, Wailord, Torkoal, Vibrava, Tropius etc. Plus Exploud is super cool.

I would say this isn't the right thread, but who gives a shit, it's better than getting in a pissing contest about appeal.

Rival sucked

The evil team's plans are always stupid.

I can't counterargue on this one, since it's subjecti- BLAZIKEN MOTHERFUCKER

I've heard this criticism alot, but let's be honest: Are the zubat infested caves and mandatory grass patches in every other gen any better? At least Gen 3's water segements weren't uninspired like every gen since.

Brenden/May was the best rival. You know why? They don't block your progression in every fucking town just for a shitty battle with the same pokemon just at higher levels. Hell, they even help you out now and then.

I'll give you Steven, but have any of the Champions other than Cynthia and Blue been of any significance? I don't even know where the hell the Gen 6 one came from.

Also Gym Leader music.

The only thing that really bugged me about Gen 3 was that half of the Pokedex was missing, which was corrected with FireRed/Leafgreen, so meh.

......I'd honestly prefer a new 3D Pokemon game over Zelda, we got robbed out of that shit in 5th Gen, so I kinda want it now. For real.

I desperately need a new 3D Zelda adventure and couldn't give less of a shit about Pokemon at this point in time. I'll probably come back around to it later but for now it's on the back burner for me.

A new Zelda though...in HD...sign me up.

• Thumbs Up 3

So given that NSMBU sold 24k in Japan this week and SM3DW sold 39k, it looks like the former might be affecting the latter somewhat.

So given that NSMBU sold 24k in Japan this week and SM3DW sold 39k, it looks like the former might be affecting the latter somewhat.

What do you mean?

Well, older games are going to continue sell after the fact that they aren't new anymore, especially Mario games, since they rarely price drop and will stay full price for a long time. You have people still buying WiiU's and not all of them may go right for the newest game right off the bat. There may be a tad confusion which is the new one, but just going by what you people have said, haven't you guys been saying Japan prefers 2D style over 3D style, so wouldn't having the NSMBU still selling rather well, just as much as the new Mario game make sense then?

What do you mean?

I think he's suggesting that it's market saturation. 3D World probably would sell more if NSBMU didn't exist since the Japanese apparently just don't tell to 3D. However, either sale goes to Nintendo so I don't really see the point of thinking about it too much (I mean, NSMBU is still full price even).