Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

VGX will also feature Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime presenting a new look at an upcoming Wii U game.

*cough*

Holly Bowen

‏@HollyBowenNW

Reggie said his VGX appearance will not be prerecorded. Not giving up any hints, though. #ImWithReggie

The VGX's themselves are prerecorded, but his thing will be a live premiere. It has to be something big. pleaseunderstand.

edit:

tumblr_mx9l79DiG21r8sc3ro1_1280.jpg

The VGX's themselves are prerecorded, but his thing will be a live premiere. It has to be something big. pleaseunderstand.

edit:

tumblr_mx9l79DiG21r8sc3ro1_1280.jpg

bb739f025c8911e3a03912a975e2bfd0_8.jpg

Reggie has statue of Hoenn Ash in his office.

and 1st Generation Pokemon Card booster packs.

XY 3DS on top of super secret folder.

3rd Generation was Hoenn.

3rd Generation had 1st Generation remakes.

Kranky Kong in Tropical Freezies announcement confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 9

hmmm.... new Wii-u pokemon game, now that would drop some jaws

It'll do more than that. This game will sell millions of Wii U's I can assure you.

That would be amazing, a main series game where you can visit each region, you can choose your starting region and to avoid the problem that Kanto in GSC had when you go to another region your Pokemon from other regions get "locked" in boxes untill you beat the elite four of that region, when the boxes unlock and you can use any Pokemon in the region...sorry that went a little overexcited there, oh and add online so you can adventure with friends!

I don't understand why Nintendo and GameFreak don't understand how well a main series PKMN game on a console would do.

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt it would.

PEople like taking Pokemon on the go, and part of the appeal is trading with friends, even if you can do that online now.

What about spin off Pokemon console games, did they sell well? Stuff like Pokepark 1/2, I know all the kids around here went crazy for that game on the Wii.

I'm not going to lie. If they announce a main series Pokemon game for Wii U (and it looks awesome), I will get a Wii U in a heartbeat. Yes even before I purchase a PS4.

It's weird this wasn't done before...however I could understand because of the previous console's technical limitations but with Wii U there shouldn't be any excuses.

Hmm it would be interesting if they did a main series one on both the Wii U and 3DS using the cross buy feature they were thinking of adding (if you buy it on one console you can play it on the other) maybe involve 3DS connectivity so you can transfer your game between consoles if you're going out for example?

The only way I could see it working is if they did Ruby and Sapphire remakes for 3DS, and a Emerald remake for Wii U.

Wasn't Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii a mainstream title that had compatibility with the DS's Pokemon Diamond and/or Pearl?

Then again, that game was mediocre, so I could see why people don't know about it or don't talk about it.

Wasn't Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii a mainstream title that had compatibility with the DS's Pokemon Diamond and/or Pearl?

Then again, that game was mediocre, so I could see why people don't know about it or don't talk about it.

Mediocre? It's not even mediocre, it's a piece of crap that game. Battle Revolution is not I mean by a main series Pokemon game.

From what I've seen, it's essentially a Pokemon Stadium 3, minus the single-player campaign and the minigames.

I like Pokemon XD gale of darkness but i would love a console game like the main series games

Yeah, if those are teases, then I'm guessing he's going to show more of DKC Tropical Freeze (even though they JUST showed new levels on GTTV about a week ago) and a Hoenn Pokémon remake for 3DS. 

Maybe it's that yarn yoshi game.....or better yet SMT X Fire Emblem