Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Yeah, I really don't get that either. He's one of my favorite developers. It's a damn shame about his arm pains. I really hope he gets better. :/

Koizumi is Miyamoto's closest protegé. Expecting him to not follow in Miyamoto's footsteps is ridiculous, story or not. Usually the only difference between the two in terms of design mentality and inspiration is execution of context but out of all the people at EAD inhabiting a collective wavelength in terms of design principles, Koizumi and Miyamoto are the ones exhibiting the closest balance.

In fact, he was 3D Land's lead producer so he was by and large responsible for the end product of that game, and he fulfills the same role in 3D World. He hasn't actually directed a game since Super Mario Galaxy and Miyamoto hasn't been credited as a director since the N64.

Koizumi probably isn't going to return to the Director chair anytime soon, if ever. He's effectively filling the same role that Miyamoto did as a producer after the Gamecube happened.

Hey, it's not like the producer doesn't do anything. I'm sure Koizumi still has a presence in the design process that is important to how the game will be made. 

Hey, it's not like the producer doesn't do anything. I'm sure Koizumi still has a presence in the design process that is important to how the game will be made.

I never claimed he didn't.

His role in the grand scheme of things is much bigger than being a game director, and as a producer he was responsible for making 3D Land and 3D World a reality. The same way Miyamoto influenced and restricted developers to handle games like Galaxy, the same way Koizumi is managing games right now. Ultimately the director answers to the producer. His general influence is bigger but it generally means he can't put as many personal touches on his games as when he was a director.

• Thumbs Up 1

IIRC Sakurai and Iwata formed Project Sora to develop Kid Icarus: Uprising for Nintendo, but then it was dissolved a mere few months after Uprising was released for no reason...what was the point of forming a new development team just to dissolve it after one game? I don't understand, especially considering how successful Uprising was.

Edited by Gabe Scrooge
  • Thumbs Up 3

IIRC Sakurai and Iwata formed Project Sora to develop Kid Icarus: Uprising for Nintendo, but then it was dissolved a mere few months after Uprising was released for no reason...what was the point of forming a new development team just to dissolve it after one game? I don't understand, especially considering how successful Uprising was.

Nintendo must have thought the team would endanger them with good games and fear that people would dump there mario games for stuff made by team sora, jk.

Seriously though, im guessing its probably the only game they were supposed to make and nintendo didn't have any other games that they had planned to be made by them.

Project Sora is a subsidy of Sora LTD. It was made for one game. After it disbanded, they went back to Sora LTD.

Considering the years of Smash Brothers 4 work, I'm not surprised it was disbanded.

Like how GAME advertise free Wii U Sports Club with the new NSMB Wii U bundle in their new TV ad, like it's some bonus they are throwing in. Oh well, at least they're advertising Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like how GAME advertise free Wii U Sports Club with the new NSMB Wii U bundle in their new TV ad, like it's some bonus they are throwing in. Oh well, at least they're advertising Wii U.

Well, as I said before, any advertisement is good advertisement. You would rather them do some, rather than none.

Today actually marks the one year anniversary of the Wii U if anyone noticed. 

Of all the Nintendo consoles I've owned, this console's first year is the worst by a landslide. Hopefully things will pick up next year.

Edited by canderson

ibqnaILEi2yWSU.gif

</3

On a serious note: Happy Birthday Wii U! Can't wait to get my hands on you next year! <3

• Thumbs Up 1

Happy birthday Wii U. It hasn't been a great year, but here's hoping Black Friday, Christmas and eventually all of next year will bring you much love and attention. <3

Happy birthday Wii U. It hasn't been a great year, but here's hoping Black Friday, Christmas and eventually all of next year will bring you much love and attention. <3

They just need to advertise more just to advertise more and do what they did with the 3DS

• Thumbs Up 1

Bad sales and performance aside it's easily been my favorite and most used console this entire year.

There's a little something in here for everyone in terms of physical, digital and supplemental offerings. The launch games of NSMBU and ZombiU still hold up to this very day with the latter easily being one of the best survival horror experiences in the last half decade. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has been a fantastic timesink. Game & Wario, despite critical shortcomings, has been my go-to party game when I have company over and everyone I've introduced it to love it. Pikmin 3 is one of the most charming games ever out there and such a thoughtful title. The Wonderful 101 is easily my favorite game of the year bar none. Wind Waker HD takes an old classic and makes it even more beautiful and functional. Rayman Legends, even after it's delay, is a stellar title. Deus Ex Human Revolution is one of the best late ports I have ever played with fantastic extras and Wii U Pad usage, a golden standard for ports and additional extras. And I still quite enjoy Lost World.

The Famicom Campaign has been one of the best "ambassador" substitutes out there, with games like Super Metroid being an absolute steal. Earthbound finally being on Wii U is a huge success for fan feedback. The digital titles as well ranging from Nano Assault Neo, DuckTales Remastered, Toki Tori 2+, Runner 2 and Art Academy provide a fantastic slew of quality titles. Whenever I'm not gaming on it, it's a fantastic Netflix machine and the web browser is easily the best on any console right now, bar none. And none of this is accounting for 3D World which is right around the corner.

Wii U's terrible sales and barren release schedule has been arduous to deal with and there's little excuse for it. But it's been one of my most favorite consoles aside from that. It just feels damn nice to use, from the pleasant OS and community to the inventive GamePad. Hopefully Nintendo can get their shit together so this doesn't just have to be a personal opinion of mine.

I'll definitely be checking out some of those games eventually. Several of them do sound good. I've rather enjoyed the console as well so far and I'm sure the longer I keep it, the more I'm going to enjoy it. Let's  just hope its sales pick up, their advertisement picks up more like it has lately, and the stores stop trying to hide the console on purpose.

Bad sales and performance aside it's easily been my favorite and most used console this entire year.

There's a little something in here for everyone in terms of physical, digital and supplemental offerings. The launch games of NSMBU and ZombiU still hold up to this very day with the latter easily being one of the best survival horror experiences in the last half decade. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has been a fantastic timesink. Game & Wario, despite critical shortcomings, has been my go-to party game when I have company over and everyone I've introduced it to love it. Pikmin 3 is one of the most charming games ever out there and such a thoughtful title. The Wonderful 101 is easily my favorite game of the year bar none. Wind Waker HD takes an old classic and makes it even more beautiful and functional. Rayman Legends, even after it's delay, is a stellar title. Deus Ex Human Revolution is one of the best late ports I have ever played with fantastic extras and Wii U Pad usage, a golden standard for ports and additional extras. And I still quite enjoy Lost World.

The Famicom Campaign has been one of the best "ambassador" substitutes out there, with games like Super Metroid being an absolute steal. Earthbound finally being on Wii U is a huge success for fan feedback. The digital titles as well ranging from Nano Assault Neo, DuckTales Remastered, Toki Tori 2+, Runner 2 and Art Academy provide a fantastic slew of quality titles. Whenever I'm not gaming on it, it's a fantastic Netflix machine and the web browser is easily the best on any console right now, bar none. And none of this is accounting for 3D World which is right around the corner.

Wii U's terrible sales and barren release schedule has been arduous to deal with and there's little excuse for it. But it's been one of my most favorite consoles aside from that. It just feels damn nice to use, from the pleasant OS and community to the inventive GamePad. Hopefully Nintendo can get their shit together so this doesn't just have to be a personal opinion of mine.

Don't worry, we have 3 system sellers coming: Super Mario 3d World, Mario Kart 8, and Smash 4. With their powers combined, I'm sure we'll at least reach Gamecube levels of sales. 

Anyway, happy birthday, Wii-U! Everyone shits on you but I love you anyway. 

At least you're not the Vita *runs*

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well happy birthday Wii U ! After a year and three near misses I still don't own one!

Hopefully can get one before I have an even bigger backlist of games to buy!

Yup. It's a minor update but I'm wondering if this has behind-the-scenes stuff for a bigger update.

man its like nintendo just took their criticisms and put it in that commercial 

The music and graphics in this game are so good.

i6sELHf.gif

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 3