Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

They seriously need to put some games on this thing. I've had mine only two weeks and it's already sat there gathering dust. I just have nothing to play on it. Even if they released the console with VC games I'd at least have those to tide me over between releases but nope.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yep my WiiU is also gathering dust and smudges, I've barely played it lately and keep goin back to my PSTriple.. which is the first time this has happened with a Nintendo console. It's tragic cause I adore the OS and features of the thing.

It's bizarre that Nintendo don't churn out some HD Collections. They're super quick if they want to be and they could have started on them ages ago as a failsafe. People would eat up Mario or Zelda HD collections, or another Metroid Prime collection. A Pikmin HD Collection would be perfect to lead up to the Pikmin 3 launch.

There's so much HD-ing Nintendo could do to generate easy hype and fill in the blanks. Dumb dumb dumb.

• Thumbs Up 5

Also pretty much gathering dust over here, not much to do when you only have Nintendoland and ASRT to play.

Well, at least Mighty Switch Force kept me entertained for a weekend.

Edited by Soniman

Well, at least Mighty Switch Force kept me entertained for a weekend.

I really like that game and am looking forward for it to be patched so I can turn down Patricia's voice-

Ironically, the past week I've been playing the absolute shit out of my regular old Wii and haven't even been in the same room as my PS3 or 360 or my brother's Wii U.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, I'm still not sure if my Monster Hunter copies have arrived but once it does, my Wii U will be used like every bloody day as a gaming machine and not a browser (I would've played more games but my External HDD has my saves and it's so slow without a Y-Cable and the one I bought was delivered to some place in Texas. Good going, USPS!)

I really like that game and am looking forward for it to be patched so I can turn down Patricia's voice-

Are they actually doing this?

And yeah, my Wii U has been pretty dead since September. Heck, I think I've invested more time in using it to play Skyward Sword than any U games. Oh well, Lego City is out soon. That'll liven it up!

They seem to be working on a patch, and they've implied that they'll be adding sound options to adjust volumes which was by far the biggest suggestion on Miiverse.

I'm hoping they'll add more new stuff but I'm not sure how long it'll take!

They seem to be working on a patch, and they've implied that they'll be adding sound options to adjust volumes which was by far the biggest suggestion on Miiverse.

I'm hoping they'll add more new stuff but I'm not sure how long it'll take!

Oh gosh, I'd absolutely love to be able to shut her up. That voice is nothing short of embarrassing.

I don't really mind her voice, some of her lines are funny or endearing but I agree that they're usually very annoying if only because they're SO LOUD.

But yeah, not the kinda game you wanna play when family are around. It's a shame because the ost is fuckin amazing.

• Thumbs Up 2

And yeah, my Wii U has been pretty dead since September. Heck, I think I've invested more time in using it to play Skyward Sword than any U games. Oh well, Lego City is out soon. That'll liven it up!

September? You never told us you work at Nintendo.

Oh and I do beleive lego city undercover is out.... in the USA at least

This is why I haven't got a Wii U. Because of Pikmin 3 not coming out till May and Rayman Legends having to be delayed until September (screw you Ubisoft!), there's no other games that would keep me playing on the console for that long. So instead, I'm waiting till both games and more become available. I still have my Wii, with lots of games to play so I'll just have to make do with that.

Lego City Undercover is out on the 28th for Europeans. I'm getting it at the end of the month.

I got some fun out of my Wii U recently.  I had a bunch of friends over and we played Nintendo Land.  In cases like that, the Wii U is an absolute blast.

Besides that?  Nothin'.  I got F-Zero, which is fun, but it's just a little time waster.  

I also got Mighty Switch Force HD.  And to be honest?  It's alright.  Not great.  I mean, there's nothing really WRONG with it, but it certainly isn't an amazing game.  I just played a few levels and moved on to games I wanted to play more.

So yeah, mine's pretty much a paperweight unless I have company over.  I still can't wait for Pikmin 3, and I'm sure Bayonetta 2 will be great.  Plus there's still whatever Retro is working on, which I hope we'll see at E3.

But man, for the most part, Wii U has been a pretty lame console since its release.  Here's hoping better things come later this year.

You guys need some time wasters?

Buy some Wii U games at Target with the buy 2 get 1 deal.

Games I recommend

Zombi U (uses Wii U features greatly - GREAT survival horror)

NSMBU (Classic Mario gameplay, best one yet)

Lego City Undercover (Hope you guys that are dusting don't avoid this... it's 10 dollars cheaper + great game)

eShop Games

Little Inferno (ON SALE $4.99 INSTEAD of $14.99!!! BUY NOW!!!!!!!!!)

Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition (Awesome game! Still might be on sale)

Trine 2 (Best console version yet with bonus levels)

EA is also selling Mass Effect 3 and NFS: Most Wanted for $29.99 today. May as well pick those up too.

But yes, nothing is really out right now.

Game & Wario is coming out next week in Japan.

Meanwhile,

rHGPJUe.jpg

This might actually influence a number of decisions there.

• Thumbs Up 4

They get Mother 2 while we get Punch Out? Man.

If mother 2 releases without the world ending or something like NOA expects it to, then maybe we'll get it here.

I love the WarioWare series, so I'll definitely pick up Game & Wario when I eventually get a Wii U. 

I love WarioWare too, but I don't really want Game&Wario because it just sounds like WarioWare but as a normal minigame package like Wii Play than a wacky fun microgame package :/ and to be honest, there are enough minigame games in the world without Wario falling to that level too..

Sure if there were microgames and minigames I'd be all for that, but I ain't gonna buy a minigame collection just because it has Wario's name on it :(

I love WarioWare too, but I don't really want Game&Wario because it just sounds like WarioWare but as a normal minigame package like Wii Play than a wacky fun microgame package :/ and to be honest, there are enough minigame games in the world without Wario falling to that level too..

Sure if there were microgames and minigames I'd be all for that, but I ain't gonna buy a minigame collection just because it has Wario's name on it sad.png

Um, there ARE microgames. They're not the focus of the trailers, sure, but they're definitely there.

It was confirmed that along with the "Gamer" minigame where you play Microgames on the Wii U pad while having to pay attention to the TV in order to hide from 9-Volt's mom, there's a separate mode just for playing Microgames regularly. Much like D.I.Y. I doubt they're going to be that many as the sole focus however.