Awoo.

Sonic Generations 3DS-bound?!

Hero of Legend

1. Rush and Rush Adventure are DS GAMES. Of course they look hideous.

2. Sonic 4... No excuses there.

But I thought all these were made by DIMPS, basically not making it a SEGA game at all...?

We don't know who's making this yet. I was just poking fun cause Scar simply mentioned Nintendo systems. And besides that, there's no reason for DS games to look bad. There's a different between graphical and visual quality.

You're assuming that Dimps are making it.

If its Sonic Team, I doubt we'll be lacking in the visuals department. And even then, none of those games are hopelessly ugly. Except maybe S4, but then, nobody would be able to pull of that art-style nowadays.

No I'm not, just having a laugh :P

It's still a SEGA game just like the majority of the console games are made by Sonic Team. SEGA only publish them.

Yeah, which is why we see Sonic 4's initial parts, showing that it was a Sonic Team production.

Like you said, it's published. But not fully DEVELOPED by them.

Sonic 4 is indeed developed by Sonic Team and Dimps. But I Dimps mostly developed the game. Explains why it isn't as good.

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and their respective ports were developedrespectively and internally by Sonic Team and Sonic Team USA.

Edited by Tatsumaki

...I liked Sonic 4's graphics.

On topic.

I doubt that it's Dimps after Sonic Unwiished's reception, don't think Sega will let them do a 3D game soon, and I'm 100% this will be 3D.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's still a SEGA game just like the majority of the console games are made by Sonic Team. SEGA only publish them.

Okay, so let's put it like thuis.

Sonic Rush was made by Dimps.

Sonic rush Adventure was made by Dimps.

Sonic Rush 3(Colours DS) was made by Dimps.

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 was made by Dimps with a little(And by little, I mean name only) help from some Sonic Team members.

Sonic Colours Wii was made by Sonic Team.

Sonic Generations is being made by Sonic Team.

All of the games are published by SEGA.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 1

We don't know who's making this yet. I was just poking fun cause Scar simply mentioned Nintendo systems. And besides that, there's no reason for DS games to look bad. There's a different between graphical and visual quality.

I'm not really a graphics whore. I don't care much about them. If they look good, they look good.

As you say, they have good visual quality. But, I thought you were serious with the whole bad things about these games, so I went on and said that they do have hideous graphics. And it's true. I can't say that DS games have beautiful, cutting-edge graphics. Because they don't. They are handheld games, after all. What I mean is this, which is quite simple: even though they have horrible graphics per se, the games have a strange and alluring visual quality that makes people not vomit upon looking at it.

There's games that have wonderful graphics, but they can somewhat feel messy, bland, or saturated. Those have poor visual quality.

Sonic Rush does that pretty well. Sonic 4... Eh, not so much, since we're talking about HD consoles here. And the iPod Touch version has no Retina Display, which is an epic fail from my part.

Edited by Tatsumaki

This pretty much confirms all 3 Sonic related announcements SEGA said were coming. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Sonic Generations and Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (Ken Balough confirmed it's in development). I'm kind of glad the 3DS game isn't a completely different title. As they admitted some months back, they've been bringing too much Sonic to market and not focusing enough on quality. Things improved with Sonic Colours and judging by Sonic Generations so far, things are continuing that way.

Okay, so let's put it like thuis.

Sonic Rush was made by Dimps.

Sonic rush Adventure was made by Dimps.

Sonic Rush 3(Colours DS) was made by Dimps.

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 was made by Dimps with a little(And by little, I mean name only) help from some Sonic Team members.

Sonic Colours Wii was made by Sonic Team.

Sonic generations is being made by Sonic Team.

All of the games are published by SEGA.

Yeah, they're published, but it's not exactly theirs... It's like Bayonetta, for example. SEGA had something to do with it, but it's not 100% theirs.

Yeah, they're published, but it's not exactly theirs... It's like Bayonetta, for example. SEGA had something to do with it, but it's not 100% theirs.

I know what published means.... <_<

...I liked Sonic 4's graphics.

On topic.

I doubt that it's Dimps after Sonic Unwiished's reception, don't think Sega will let them do a 3D game soon, and I'm 100% this will be 3D.

And yet it's funny how little we've heard of Sonic 4's development since Episode 1. Now, it's just a thought, but do you suppose Dimps hasn't made progress on 4 because of a certain other, generational, classic styled product that they may have had a hand in?

SEGA likes outsourcing handheld Sonic games. I'm just saying we should be prepared for the possibility of it.

If they can get it on the 3DS, can't they do the same for the Wii? I mean, I suppose with the Cafe coming out soon, it'd be kind of a bad marketing decision, but I still think that this game should be accessible to everyone possible.

And it should be on Steam/PC for Azukara's goodness sake!

Please outsource this, don't let the main dev team get distracted by working on a handheld.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well if it's coming to 3DS I guess the PC rumour grows even stronger as they both were on that list SEGA had.

I know what published means.... <_<

LOL, I'm just saying you're right. xD

Please outsource this, don't let the main dev team get distracted by working on a handheld.

They probably will. I can't think of a single handheld title that wasn't outsourced, even the Game Gear games were outsourced, if I have my history right.

I just hope it isn't Dimps. And if it is, they really had better get their act together. I don't want a handheld version of Sonic 4/Sonic UnWiished.

So, what if Modern Sonic plays like Sonic Adventure>2006 Sonic in this version due to being different games? That would be interesting.

I don't think they will, since the design choice of Modern Sonic is pretty set in stone. I don't think I'd prefer the Adventure-style of play for this, mostly for consistency sake, but also because I like seeing the stark contrast of gameplay methods between Classic and Modern. It really shows how far Sonic has evolved over the years.

Edited by Indigo Rush

This and the 360 version for me. Kingdom hearts 3d, metal gear 3d, DOA 3d, zelda 3d and this?! 3ds is gettin some love now! :D hopefully i can play the PC version. :unsure:

Either way, I'm glad to see this on the 3DS.

...now, what about the NGP? :o

So, what if Modern Sonic plays like Sonic Adventure>2006 Sonic in this version due to being different games? That would be interesting.

It certainly would be. I expect (and hope) that this version of the game isn't just a watered down version of the main one. Having two version of Colours, Unleashed and the Olympic titles is awesome even if there's a quality dip between them. Also, different levels would be so cool. Wouldn't you love to play through Green Hill on the HD version and then Emerald Hill/other-stage on the 3DS one?

Either way, I'm glad to see this on the 3DS.

...now, what about the NGP? :o

I could see an almost direct port of the PS360 version for it. Its easily powerful enough to handle it.

Edited by Scar

DIMPS has been busy screwing up Sonic 4, I'd be surprised if they've also been working on Sonic Generations.

Not directed at you, just using this as a jumping point for this post, but it's not impossible to say that Dimps haven't been working on Generations 3DS. Let us not forget that in addition to Sonic 4 Episode 1 which released last year, Dimps also worked on Sonic Colors DS. It's not out of the question to think that they've been working on two projects again...though, assuming Generations 3DS isn't Rush 4, Generations 3DS seems like something that would be a lot more work, so who knows. Perhaps the last few months have been concept planning for Episode 2, while Dimps as a whole has been working on G3DS since it finished Episode 1, likely around last summer since it seems that's when the last bit of true work was put into the game, outside of a redesigned level. Speculation speculation.

And for any wondering when this issue comes out, they generally arrive in subscriber's mailboxes near the end of the month, so we could potentially see scans within the week.

This is to anyone who is asking if the game will be like a rush style game. Remember when Iizuka was interviewed in a nintendo magazine about a sonic 3ds game? here's a pretty important thing he said. "At Sonic Team, we’re already studying the Nintendo 3DS. We’re very interested in the platform. We think the depth of 3D could really help the sense of speed, especially when you’re playing Sonic from behind-the-back perspective." I'm guessing this will either play adventure or colors style now. plus wouldn't this eliminate Dimps working on the game since Iizuka works in Sonic team? I guess they will work on some of the game. :huh:

Edited by dudehedgehogfan1996

So judging by his "You know the drill..." comment and looking at his topic about the May issue, this Neuro guy seems to get Nintendo Power a week early a lot, but doesn't scan anything but the cover. Instead Neuro just answers questions about the issue. Damn! This means we're going to have to wait until someone else manages to grab the issue.