Awoo.

Sonic Generations 3DS-bound?!

Hero of Legend

The screenshots make the graphics look pants. 3DS screens played a major part in me not buying a 3DS on release. The games look awful, terrible even. Street Fighter IV looks just like on HD consoles they were saying. Not from the screenshots it didn't, but playing that game for myself proved otherwise. It was nothing like the screens. So, I'm expecting this to look fantastic. Now, I don't own a 3DS, but maybe the backgrounds are simpler to enhance the 3D depth. PilotWings appeared to have a pretty basic background, and the 3D effect worked better on that for me than on SFIV.

Thanks brah! Effexor thanks for the Generations scans, but can you at least scan the Shinobi ones? a lot of people are looking forward to it.

EDIT: and if you're looking for an uploading site, check http://imgur.com/

• Thumbs Up 2

Launch base zone final boss? - Epic win.

Launch base as one of the zones in the game?.. Meh.. I never found anything special about Launch base zone. Sure, it was and is fun to play Launch Baze zone on MD2/Genesis, but the zone doesn't have anything special: no breathtaking scenery, no awesome music, etc.. I'm convinced there are better levels from Classic Sonic games, which deserve to be in the game instead of Launch base zone more. A lot more.

And yeah, the graphics look pretty poor.

I'd much rather they used S&K Collection's music even though it won't happen, because the level replacements there were way better than the originals.

I'd much rather they used S&K Collection's music even though it won't happen, because the level replacements there were way better than the originals.

I don't know. I always found Ice Cap's PC music incredibly underwhelming. It didn't have that cool feel that made me love the original.

I love it so.

Also, don't be hatin' on Launch Base's music. I always found it super funky. PC version of LBZ and Carnival Night are okay, but I just can't stand Ice Cap's. D: Please stay true to the original musics, SEGA. It's more nostalgic for the folks who grew up with the Megadrive/Genesis tunes.

Edited by Mega

To be fair, it would be kind of difficult to reuse the exact same physics when the game is rendered completely in 3D and using a different engine.

Also, Dimps haters?

Read, they physics have been rebuilt from scratch this time. It's not a simple port of the Rush engine.

Edited by CanofEpicSauce
  • Thumbs Up 1

It did not say the physics were built from the ground up, only the game itself as in new stage layouts and such.

Also, that teaser was made before the development had started, here we have screens to go along with the built-up claim.

• Thumbs Up 2

@0:12

Herp a derp

Sonic 4 said the same thing

Derp derp

• Thumbs Up 1

Yay! Agreement! Ah well, it's what custom soundtracks on the 360 are for. I'm more curious about any SCD stages though. Getting the American soundtrack would kill the stages.

Surely they could be a little less "highway in the sky" though? Like Rivals:

Forest_Falls_Zone.png

sonicrivals01.jpg

Oooh. Just thought. Rush-esque cutscenes, Rush-esque cutscenes with voices or full cutscenes? Iizuka said the story differ slightly between the two versions so there's probably no chance of them pulling an Unleashed Wii with them.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh wow, Rivals looks BETTER!

Don't be quick to judge, Sonic Rivals is a COMPLETE game and those screenshots ARENT scans. Sonic Generations 3DS will probably end up looking better, but I doubt by much, because Dimps sucks Sonic Team is new to the 3DS's hardware.

Wasn't that entire trailer outsourced from someone with no inside intel on the game beyond its tittle?

Well, I had a feeling this would happen. Dimps developing another one of them handheld versions--at least we all know for sure that we've already played Modern Sonic's handheld gameplay. But who exactly is developing the Classic Sonic perspective of levels?

SEGA should know about how much fans hate Sonic 4, while critics love it. >.>

It did not say the physics were built from the ground up, only the game itself as in new stage layouts and such.

Also, that teaser was made before the development had started, here we have screens to go along with the built-up claim.

Development on Sonic 4 had started long before that teaser.

Development on Sonic 4 had started long before that teaser.

Didn't the makers of the teaser say otherwise?

Didn't the people that put that teaser together claim SEGA didn't have a game to show them?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. The game seemed rushed.

SEGA probably couldn't show them the game that early. They barely showed anything in their own gameplay trailer. It was definitely already in development before that trailer though.

Didn't the makers of the teaser say otherwise?

No, they just said they weren't shown the game. And besides, we know from a variety of other sources (and common sense) that the games development started before the teaser trailer was released.

Before it was released maybe, but no necessarily before it was made.

Still, even if it was, my point still stands when it comes to the teaser being based with now knowledge of the game.