Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

OK, this whole thing is fucked up. Earlier on I sent an email regarding my order. I get this at 5pm -

"Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.co.uk.

From your email, I understand that you would like to know if your order has already been dispatched.

I have checked your order () and I can confirm that it has not entered the dispatch process yet. We are still waiting for the following item to be delivered to us by our supplier:

Sonic Generations - Collector's Edition (PS3)

We still expect to deliver your order by the date listed in Your Account: November 3 or 4, 2011."

So I entered a web chat and pretty much got the same. I asked them if they had the 360 version in stock, to which they replied "we are waiting for stock from our suppliers."

So, how is it that some people here are having theirs dispatched, even before those who ordered first, when there is no stock available?

Frankly, the Amazon staff have no idea what's going on and the information you receive depends entirely on who you speak to. There might be a few who actually have given the right information and I guess we'll find out soon who was right and who was wrong, fingers crossed!

Edited by ENVY

Dont cry people, my DBZ as i've said before didn't dispatch till thursday night and it came the next morning and that was the friday just gone

Can I just point something out.

Using that Amazon chat thing is pointless. Chances are any human involvement that's there is basic, all what they'll do is access the information that you can see yourself and tell you what you already know.

Automated emails are also a tad pointless since they'll be using the same thing. Unless you actually speak to a supervisor or someone on the escalation team then you won't get any more information other than what you can already see.

Edited by Hogfather

Yeah, I definitely think they do have them in stock. If I'm honest. I think it's more they're just planning on shipping it via courier. In which case they only have to give it to the courier on the Thursday for it to be delivered on Friday.

I mean it wouldn't be the first time I've had something shipped via courier when I haven't paid for expedited shipping. It often happens with large items from Amazon.

I mean thinking about it, the whole suppliers have let us down thing, would amazon realistically let them selves be in this situation a few days before release? I doubt it, as it would have a negative impact on the business and leave customers affected very disgruntled.

From a business perspective, I can't seem them allowing that to happen :)

To be fair, the guy I spoke to sounded very polite and genuine and explicitly said that my particular order had been dispatched even if my account on Amazon claimed otherwise and that it definately wouldn't be delivered any later than Friday. I don't know if money has come out of my mother's bank account yet and neither does she because she hasn't checked but I wouldn't be surprised if it arrived tomorrow considering it was said to be in transit this morning.

Yeah, looking back at wee bits of evidence here and there, I'd say it's more likely that everything is still running according to plan :)

Just had an email from Amazon.co.uk there, but it appears to be the standard email everyone received earlier

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

I apologise for the delay in dispatching your order

Please note that we are still waiting the item "Sonic Generations" from our supplier.

We still expect to dispatch your order with in 24 hours. If you don’t get your e-mail confirmation by 24 hours please let us know by replying to this e-mail and we’ll investigate.

Hmmm, all this conflicting info coming from everywhere doesn't help haha

I'm having more problems than most of you. Can anyone help me out?

After the problem with my prepaid card the open order page keeps telling to update my payment method.

I did again & again but it's still there. How come? I got emails about my payment being updated and that if they will need anything else they will send me an email. Weird...

Edited by MoDeRn frokenok3

Just had an email from Amazon.co.uk there, but it appears to be the standard email everyone received earlier

Hmmm, all this conflicting info coming from everywhere doesn't help haha

Collectors or standard?

I got the same problem, Fro. They said they were 'having problems charging my card', so I've re-entered the card details and I lay in hope. :(

I got the same problem, Fro. They said they were 'having problems charging my card', so I've re-entered the card details and I lay in hope. sad.png

I see so it's not just me. That make me feel a bit better but i understand how you feel....though it seems that it fixed for me. Hopefully will stay that way now.

Mine still says

Not yet dispatched

Dispatch Estimate: 1 Nov 2011 - 2 Nov 2011

Delivery Estimate: 3 Nov 2011 - 4 Nov 2011

Yeah mine says the same as Shadz.

Just spoken to Lucky and her's aparently says dispatching soon as well.

Mine (standard) just says "Estimated Delivery: Nov 4th" usually they take my money around this time, but if they wanna mess about i'll take my game pre order slip and go to the store after college friday, i've waited too long just like the rest of you here, and i can't take seeing my US PSN friends with Generations on their now playing status anymore!

Damn it i wanna play this!

I now have 'Dispatching Soon', but the expected delivery date is now the 5th.

Goddamnit.

Lucky's is also the 360 version. The one I've got on order is the PS3.

I assume that Shadzter's is the PS3 too.