Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

Exactly. Don't get me wrong i love the classic half of this game,but let's face it: Been there done that.Modern's bosses and stages look so much more awesome.

You know what? Screw Sonic's classic design,screw the classic gameplay.I'm ready to bury the past and move on to the future.Who's with me?

• Thumbs Up 9

Exactly. Don't get me wrong i love the classic half of this game,but let's face it: Been there done that.Modern's bosses and stages look so much more awesome.

You know what? Screw Sonic's classic design,screw the classic gameplay.I'm ready to bury the past and move on to the future.Who's with me?

Is that screenshot the first time we've officially seen the Light Dash in Generations? It's weird; it doesn't seem like that or the stomp are getting much use. I mean, aside from the bridge in Green Hill, I can't recall a single gameplay video where the stomp's been used at all. I mean, I suppose no stomp is better than getting those stupid stomp buttons from Unleashed, but it's still weird.

...is the Light Dash an equippable skill in Generations? I forget.

Is that screenshot the first time we've officially seen the Light Dash in Generations? It's weird; it doesn't seem like that or the stomp are getting much use. I mean, aside from the bridge in Green Hill, I can't recall a single gameplay video where the stomp's been used at all. I mean, I suppose no stomp is better than getting those stupid stomp buttons from Unleashed, but it's still weird.

Edited by KrazyBean14

Not too sure what I think about only being able to light dash in specific places. It worked fine in '06, but for this style of gameplay I think being able to lightdash on any rings would be better. It's another unnecessary constraint on the gameplay.

Light dash? Pfftt. Call me when the 'Magic Hands' skill is confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 4

Not too sure what I think about only being able to light dash in specific places. It worked fine in '06, but for this style of gameplay I think being able to lightdash on any rings would be better. It's another unnecessary constraint on the gameplay.

You usually could Light Dash any rings.

Edited by V0YANT

No? Originally you could light dash on any rings at all. Whether it was actually useful or not was another matter, but you could still do it. In Generations you can't.

I'm sure that is not exactly the case. Jack confirmed this...even so we haven't seen any footage where the light dash had been activated in the game with ring rows in 3D or 2D sans City Escape Modern in this vid. Even soo I don't see activating either while boosting.

Edit: Actually there have been ring rows shown in 3D Modern Sky Sanctuary that are obviously light dashable. Let me see if I can dig that screen up.

Edit 2: Nope false alarm.

Skysant.jpg

That alt path is interesting though...I wonder how you even get there.

Edited by V0YANT

I have no idea. You should be thinking Star Light.

Please let that be an alternate theme for Speed Highway! And omg, the SA2 fan service in Shadow's battle is so awesome! I can definitely see it being my favourite boss (either that or PC).

Skysant.jpg

That alt path is interesting though...I wonder how you even get there.

Maybe you jump off the zip-line Sonic is currently on and HA to it...I dunno, but it just makes the level design for Sky Sanctuary look even more stellar!

No. When I said "Don't care about the Classic design, however I say keep the Classic gameplay" This should've been your response:

250px-Sonic_Advance_Coverart.png