Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

Picked up the new issue of ONM. Here's their preview of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

scan0004ic.jpg

Sonic: Well snap... I knew I shhoulnd have skipped Shadow's weaponry lessons on sundays cause I tought he looked like a dork... whatever!

scan0007mq.jpg

If you want to archive the scans, it's Official Nintendo Magazine December 2011 Issue 75.

Just asking... why does Blaze and Amy have swimming shoe's or whatever you call that compare to the Nintendo girls?

I wanna see furry feet & toes~

Because theres a design rule with Sonic characters in official products, you may not show their feet/toes.

Once there was a rule saying you couldn't show Sonics teeth.

I'm pretty sure this is official Sonic Adventure art.

amy_rose_at_the_beach_artwork_from_sonic_adventure-11951.jpg

They have no toes.

Edited by speedfreak

...why would you ever put a spoon in an ice cream cone?

I dunno, man. That art's old enough that I still feel weird taking a stand either way on the toes/no toes issue. And it is an issue for me, dammit; I hate not knowing about that kind of thing. It's the same reason Diglett makes me uncomfortable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Read the first review for this in my new Nintendo Power. They gave it a 7/10. They don't really say anything we don't already know. Some events are really fun, most are so-so. 31 events in all with 21 Olympic and 10 Dream.

Not sure if I want to get it. I might get it for Christmas or wait for a price drop. I think I'll wait for other reviews before deciding since Nintendo Powers reviews can be all over the place IMO.

So for Sonic it's still only Windy Valley and Power Plant? Graugh, I wish to see more fan service (Although I feel loved by Generations, some Mario and Sonic love is also wanted) so who can imagine some other stages?

Considering the other 2 games usally got a 6 out of ten, a 7's not bad. I've always enjoyed the M&S Olympic Games and this one looks to be the best of the 3.

Read the first review for this in my new Nintendo Power. They gave it a 7/10. They don't really say anything we don't already know. Some events are really fun, most are so-so. 31 events in all with 21 Olympic and 10 Dream.

Not sure if I want to get it. I might get it for Christmas or wait for a price drop. I think I'll wait for other reviews before deciding since Nintendo Powers reviews can be all over the place IMO.

>31 events in total

>10 dream events

wait wait what

Didn't one of the original press releases boast over 50? And 10 dream events? That's one less than the previous game! All of my tears.

Also in completely unrelated news, did the DS version get new cover artwork? Or am I just slow?

919Me4d2qzL._AA1500_.jpg

It's beautiful. ;A;

Also is that a weight-lifting Bowser I see? And just what exactly is that in Eggman's hands? I spy new events!

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2

>31 events in total

>10 dream events

wait wait what

Didn't one of the original press releases boast over 50? And 10 dream events? That's one less than the previous game! All of my tears.

Also in completely unrelated news, did the DS version get new cover artwork? Or am I just slow?

919Me4d2qzL._AA1500_.jpg

It's beautiful. ;A;

Also is that a weight-lifting Bowser I see? And just what exactly is that in Eggman's hands? I spy new events!

Eggman is ready to vaudeville hook anyone who dares to use jazz hands during the gymnastics event. Dropping below a camp factor of fabulous! will warrant a hook out too, so I hope that Mario brought his glitter leotard.

Yeah, the hook is for field hockey as Wikipedia tells me. My imagination comes short again.

Edited by Kintobor

>31 events in total

>10 dream events

wait wait what

919Me4d2qzL._AA1500_.jpg

It's beautiful. ;A;

That 3DS art is horrible. At first I thought it was awesome, then I noticed they didn't include Knuckles on the art. D=

Fr srs though, it's pretty awesome. Sonic's just got that weird lip going on.

Edited by Blue Blood

Why is Bowser running with that weight? Weigtlifting does not require you to run about, you daft dodo.

Edit: Also, if you look carefully, it turns out that he's checking out Peach's ass. :o

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

919Me4d2qzL._AA1500_.jpg

"Man, FUCK the rules! We run track how we wanna run track!"

This is cool... Because they are running track, like a bunch a BAWSES!

• Thumbs Up 3

Bowser you can try to show off for Peach by lifting those weights all you want but it isn't going to work. She's just not that into you.

Oh, phew! I was worried there for a second. Still one less Dream Event though, so baawww. Hopefully they make up for the lower number by having every Dream Event take place in either a Mario or Sonic stage this time around, instead of including two and a half original locations like they did in the previous title. (Although admittedly I did like seeing Christmas Village in a playable light.)

Have they shown off any of the 3DS' Dream Events yet? The portable version always had more of them, and I'm curious to see whether or not they'll take place in all original locations like the previous two or locales from Mario and Sonic's worlds this time around.

Nope, we've not seen any Dream Events for the 3DS version. The official website doesn't even have that category in the 3DS section yet.

http://www.olympicvi...don-2012/#/Home

Bowser you can try to show off for Peach by lifting those weights all you want but it isn't going to work. She's just not that into you.

That sure as hell doesn't explain why she gets kidnapped so easily and doesn't highten the security whatsoever in any way at all.

Very...odd. Hm.