Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Okay wait, how is Sticks in the Viewtiful Joe universe on top of Street Fighter and Monster Hunter?

Hidden Content

What? Aren't you aware of Sticks ability to exist in all dimensions at all times?

Hidden Content

I think it's because she might have visited Street Fighter's Dimension, first, then the Monster Hunter Dimension, and finally Viewtiful Joe's Dimension. See, it means less work of traveling to where Sigma is and then to another dimension! Rather than going back and forth between TWO Dimensions, they go to more than one dimension, then back, so they have a large enough army to take care of Sigma.

Another thing I just realized.

What is with the Battle Books? Why are they a thing? It was just even more battles and they've only done two of them for each of the two main franchises. They took out an important plot device and stuck it in them too: Sonic and Mega Man's capture. Why?

I don't understand at all.

Another thing I just realized.

What is with the Battle Books? Why are they a thing? It was just even more battles and they've only done two of them for each of the two main franchises. They took out an important plot device and stuck it in them too: Sonic and Mega Man's capture. Why?

I don't understand at all.

Not to mention Silver's entire role in the crossover.

Y'know, I've been thinking:

Since each battle book is labeled as #1, maybe they'll continue after the crossover, as a means of showing off more fights in the Sonic and Mega Man books.

Y'know, I've been thinking:

Since each battle book is labeled as #1, maybe they'll continue after the crossover, as a means of showing off more fights in the Sonic and Mega Man books.

Nope, they're confirmed as one off books.

Oh. Then what's the point of numbering them?

I think they usually do that for one shots. It's just to make them look nice.

Not to mention Silver's entire role in the crossover.

Perhaps Silver was working behind the scenes, as in he, along with Team Dark, were all swept up in the White Space, the Dimensional null-space where nothing exists, and there is NO TIME there! Silver simply focuses his powers on opening portals, but unfortunately, they don't even work on his side of the dimensional field, and he can only help them out from the outside of the battlefield. And Shadow can't even do anything, because there are no Chaos Emeralds in the White Space. No Chaos Emeralds, No Chaos Control, and he can't even combine that with Silver's powers. It truly is No Use.

Perhaps Silver was working behind the scenes, as in he, along with Team Dark, were all swept up in the White Space, the Dimensional null-space where nothing exists, and there is NO TIME there! Silver simply focuses his powers on opening portals, but unfortunately, they don't even work on his side of the dimensional field, and he can only help them out from the outside of the battlefield. And Shadow can't even do anything, because there are no Chaos Emeralds in the White Space. No Chaos Emeralds, No Chaos Control, and he can't even combine that with Silver's powers. It truly is No Use.

There is no white space in the story and there has been absolutely no mention of such. Silver's in Mega Man X's universe. He was shown as being there in Mega Man Battles #1

There is no white space in the story and there has been absolutely no mention of such. Silver's in Mega Man X's universe. He was shown as being there in Mega Man Battles #1

Maybe he's still in there, and he's probably gonna find records of the frequency used from Worlds Collide to get into the Skull Egg Zone, and use the archaic data as a basis for getting into the combined world.

Heh, no matter what a mess this crossover's been, Hesse's art still cheers me up somehow. He draws the SEGA and Capcom cast well.

Hidden Content

The Ultimate Superpower

Just wait until they run in with Ryu, Chun-Li, Amaterasu, Arthur, Firebrand, and Zero*!

*The guys listed are Vs. Series Veterans who fought against and alongside Joe in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and its Ultimate Edition! Sticks would worship Deadpool as a fourth-wall-breaking GOD! In his own movie trailer, Wade Wilson breaks the fourth wall BEFORE he becomes Deadpool! "Just don't make the suit green... or animated." Sticks would TOUCH HERSELF to the trailer!

Edited by YoshiAngemon

I always thought Bean would be the Sonic-verse Deadpool, but Sticks is giving him some competition, granted she ain't nearly as crazy as Bean is......yet.

I always thought Bean would be the Sonic-verse Deadpool, but Sticks is giving him some competition, granted she ain't nearly as crazy as Bean is......yet.

Well, don't forget that Bean is native to the main Archieverse, which isn't filled with other fourth-wall breakers, like the Boomverse.

All this debate of who's crazier now makes me wanting some one shot story starring Sticks, Bean and Marine.  Maybe throw in Cut Man as well for good measure.  See how well they can do in topping Deadpool's level of lunacy would only be a treat for the eyes.

EDIT: Oh, and let Diana Skelly be artist and Jon Gray as writer.  Then Wade can start worrying.

Edited by QuantumEdge
  • Thumbs Up 3

All this debate of who's crazier now makes me wanting some one shot story starring Sticks, Bean and Marine.  Maybe throw in Cut Man as well for good measure.  See how well they can do in topping Deadpool's level of lunacy would only be a treat for the eyes.

EDIT: Oh, and let Diana Skelly be artist and Jon Gray as writer.  Then Wade can start worrying.

Are you insane?! Can the world even handle that much insanity in just one comic?!

I've never played Viewtiful Joe is there a lot of Fourth Wall Breaking in that game?

Also I gotta say while I've missed out on chunks of the crossover I seriously think the only reason people are so annoyed is they got there hopes up too high. What I've read hasn't been any different from last time honestly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know man. I've read 3 parts but they haven't seemed all that different to me compared to Worlds Collide.

I've never played Viewtiful Joe is there a lot of Fourth Wall Breaking in that game?

Also I gotta say while I've missed out on chunks of the crossover I seriously think the only reason people are so annoyed is they got there hopes up too high. What I've read hasn't been any different from last time honestly.

Yeah, in the different games they're in! Viewtiful Joe 1 AND 2 has the Stylish Blade-Master Alastor pull out the script from the first game. And in VJ2, Alastor says "I'm not about to introduce myself. You wanna know who I am? Go to your nearest discount store, and get a copy of Viewtiful Joe. Go! NOW!"

Of course, in the games, It's hard to take Alastor any seriously, if he reads from the script, and complains when he's about to run out of screen time. In the anime series, Alastor is taken WAY more seriously, and Gran Bruce, Jadow's Chief Staff of the Jadow Central Intelligence, who's REALLY stupid in the games, is actually smart, and speaks with an Australian accent. Season 2 of the anime was never dubbed, even with Kids WB airing it. Should've had it dubbed by FUNimation.

Goddamnit part 10, now I've got questions again. 

Okay, so the awkward pacing of the final that I've mentioned before aside (which is even less now since they're not even gathered to fight yet);

1. I thought the Eggman/Wily solicit where they were the secondary feature yet only showed up for four panels was deceptive, this time they're the secondary feature and are only briefly mentioned to handwave their absence, they don't even appear!

2. So Axl saw Sticks being partnered with X, and is surprised to see her in the Viewtiful Joe verse. Sticks says she fell through a plothole to get there. That's great and all...except this doesn't even acknowledge her appearance in the Street Fighter universe the prior issue. With her not even showing up in the character roster of the last issue, I'm suspicious that the SF segment was originally going to be in this issue (which wouldn't be that far-fetched since this issue is her comic, technically), but was pushed forward an issue for some reason or another.

So basically the same as usual (okay, but I don't enjoy it nearly as much as others will because I don't know the crossover characters and there's not enough time to really get to know them), except with more head scratchers mixed in.

Edited by VEDJ-F