Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

SSSM#14 was released on the app, but then it was apparently recalled. Who knows if it'll ever see the light of day (we don't know now, unfortunately).

Do we know why there were problems with SSSM#14 to begin with or are we just completely in the dark about it?  Perhaps somebody should ask about it on Bumbleking.

Do we know why there were problems with SSSM#14 to begin with or are we just completely in the dark about it?  Perhaps somebody should ask about it on Bumbleking.

We're in flashlight required territory on this, there's nothing we know about the delays. People do suspect that it's related to the Archie reboot fiasco just like a lot of the trade issues, but we can't say for sure. And asking on Bumbleking would be a fruitless endeavour because the creative staff have no control over it. The only way to really have any hope of receiving an answer would be to email Archie directly.

If worse comes to worse, Sonic Super Special Magazine could very well become one of the new homes for Sonic Boom.

Um, they said that's where it was going to appear after #11 was out.

There's no "worse comes to worse" they said they planned it like this.

Is it me or does that look like Mina on the normal cover on the top left hand corner of the cover?

Is it me or does that look like Mina on the normal cover on the top left hand corner of the cover?

He's got the rounded ears, but the colour scheme and shape seem to indicate a different species.

Edit: Wait, forget that guy; bottom right corner one looks like Jennifer's fan character from back when!

Edited by VEDJ-F

Nephthys?

Egyptian themed. I like.

And another female Egg Boss. I like even more.

Only one of those characters on the cover appear to be female, but they don't look particularly antagonistic. Unless Nephyths is another tragic antagonist like Cassia and Clove, I'm assuming she's not on it.

Given her name origin, could she be a bird? The Free Fall Variant might hint at it.

Edited by Eitarou

He's got the rounded ears, but the colour scheme and shape seem to indicate a different species.

Edit: Wait, forget that guy; bottom right corner one looks like Jennifer's fan character from back when!

ruby_coloring_by_chibi_jen_hen-d33ufby.j

If you mean Ruby, then no.

• Thumbs Up 1

By the way, here's the off-panel of this issue. Nothing funny, but 

IFLZSNu.jpg

There you have it. Sonic & Boom Sonic together at least. woo ooh uu

This is them acknowledging that the crossover is dull, isn't it? Everyone is completely apathetic in that image

Hidden Content

Ok Im gonna be honest without no disrespect to the man I seriously don't like Bill's writing at all. 

Hidden Content

Yeah, it's not supposed to be funny. And FFXIII's Lightning said it best, when she said "This is ridiculous. Worst birthday ever!"

Edited by YoshiAngemon

So the crossover is reaching it's close. Just one more issue of Mega Man and it's over. I can't wait for Sonic issue 276 because by that time sonic.wiki.com will probably have the cover to Sonic Universe 83 and I will now what the next story arc is.

Yeah, it's not supposed to be funny. And FFXIII's Lightning said it best, when she said "This is ridiculous. Worst birthday ever!"

FFXIII and the word "best" have no place being in the same sentence.

On topic, I'm really glad we're getting out of the crossover. I don't think it's really that much worse than the first one, it's just that it interrupts the ongoing story and tries to hard for me to care, but I just can't. I don't know anything about the Megaman comics, and while I definitely plan on getting into them at some point, that point is not now. If these were a set of separate graphic novels released while the normal story kept going, I'd most likely be singing a different tune, but as it stands I'm good with them not doing another one of these for a while.

• Thumbs Up 1

So there were two issues spent of them recruiting heroes from other worlds only for them to get defeated the moment they finally come together? What was the point then? The whole point of this crossover was the uniting of many worlds! Worlds Unite? And that really didn't happen!

Sounds like it's going to be a Super Sonic/Mega Man ending. Just as expected.

What a disappointment.

242px-Sonic_The_Hedgehog_-278.jpg 242px-StH_279_Cover.jpg

Okay then.

I'm going to assume that purple character in the second cover wearing those green glasses is Nephthys, (she kinda looks like Thrash...)

Also, for a minute I thought that the character on the top left was Ray, but then again, there's extra fur.. And I wonder who's the one on the bottom right...

Rafa Knight did the variant cover? It looks good, but who's signatures are those on the variant cover? (JH GN BM).

Also, that off panel: I like how he draws the characters in chibiis. It wasn't that funny though...

• Thumbs Up 2

Nope, Ian's said that Nephthys isn't on that cover. Last solicit mention a new FF team, so I'd say it was safe to assume that these are them. 

Also the Rafa Knight thing is wrong (she only does the 3D render variants). The cover was done by Hernandez, Martin and Hunzeker. 

The point of that Off Panel is that it wasn't funny. The Joke is that celebrating Milestones is meaningless.

What makes you think that? None of the content is in need of changing. Megaman isn't being taken out for copyright reasons, he's still on the cover.

What makes you think that? None of the content is in need of changing. Megaman isn't being taken out for copyright reasons, he's still on the cover.

Actually, I think he's right, if it's not outright cancelled. Calling the Genesis portals story an exclusive new one when it was printed in FCBD'15 and StH#275, and being entirely themed around being a preview to World Unite after the event has concluded, doesn't exactly sound like they could still be published in that form.