Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

She probably wouldn't have been able to go super regardless, what with the Boom franchise specifically excising the Chaos Emeralds and therefore the ability to go super from that cast.

Something seems shady when SEGA is dictating what Capcom's character can and cannot do. And unlike the proposed Metal Bass fusion, it was going to be purely X.

Using an idea that's only in the Sonic franchise, not Mega Man. Yes, super forms aren't exclusive to the Sonic series in general, but in this case it would be directly derived from it. 

The Chaos Emeralds and super transformation are kinda Sega's thing, though, so that's probably why they had the say in it.

Edit: Espio'd.

Personally just Super Sonic and Super Mega Man again are enough. And like Dante said below, seeing him in his Ultimate Armor or something would've sufficed. Sticks I dare not think what they could do to power her up.

She probably wouldn't have been able to go super regardless, what with the Boom franchise specifically excising the Chaos Emeralds and therefore the ability to go super from that cast.

I was being silly with the super sticks thing :P. I don't know if this has been asked or not but did Ian say anything why Sticks is the only Boom rep?

Because she's the only original character out of the Boom crew and the others are just the same characters anyway? At least there's some distinction between Rock and X as Mega Men.

X didn't need a super form, I mean he has those various armor upgrades like Ultimate Armor..

I missed so much since I've been gone. But let me just say... Sega. Capcom. The fuck is the fighting game using new 2D sprites like the old days cause I'm sure this crossover WANTS a video game. What can we do to make it happen? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Because she's the only original character out of the Boom crew and the others are just the same characters anyway?

I haven't been paying attention to the show since that court episode(even then I forgot what happens) so there's still nothing different about the Boom characters compared to the main series?

Or it could be more around the lines of "there can't be more than one version of Sonic running around in WU." I dunno.

Using an idea that's only in the Sonic franchise, not Mega Man. Yes, super forms aren't exclusive to the Sonic series in general, but in this case it would be directly derived from it.

Have we learned nothing from our lord and master, the great and powerful Ken? You can totally derive ideas from someone else down to being the same character with their hair parted on the left instead of the right, and it will totally be all yours to profit from as you see fit!

Of course, seeing as how this involves the cooperation of SEGA, there might be an issue... but they only own their properties, so who cares what they think?

But seriously, I'd love to see the Ultimate Armor pop up in this. Why would you use the Fourth Armor for a Super transformation instead, anyway?

Have we learned nothing from our lord and master, the great and powerful Ken? You can totally derive ideas from someone else down to being the same character with their hair parted on the left instead of the right, and it will totally be all yours to profit from as you see fit!

Of course, seeing as how this involves the cooperation of SEGA, there might be an issue... but they only own their properties, so who cares what they think?

But seriously, I'd love to see the Ultimate Armor pop up in this. Why would you use the Fourth Armor for a Super transformation instead, anyway?

Because the ultimate armor is broken enough as it is giving it a super form will make it more broken

That, and Super Ultimate Armor X sounds a bit cheesy. (Though the actual form would probably look pretty cool)

The Ultimate Armor would be cool to see, whether it's "Super [sonic]-ified" or not. Though I'd rather wait for a Mega Man X book to happen and build up to it instead.

Speaking of which, has an X book been (de)confirmed yet?

The Ultimate Armor would be cool to see, whether it's "Super [sonic]-ified" or not. Though I'd rather wait for a Mega Man X book to happen and build up to it instead.

Speaking of which, has an X book been (de)confirmed yet?

Mega Man's comic, while selling enough to stay in print, hasn't sold enough to warrant a second book. Hopefully Worlds Unite will give it the boost it needs.

I missed so much since I've been gone. But let me just say... Sega. Capcom. The fuck is the fighting game using new 2D sprites like the old days cause I'm sure this crossover WANTS a video game. What can we do to make it happen? 

maybe only at  M.U.G.E.N .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CdyM0mQnck&feature=youtu.be

hehe ..

i'd love to see a SEGA x Capcom  game though.. ^v^

Ok, no-one explicitly said he can't be aprehensive. You've just spent two pages going "why would you even" at someone saying "man I don't know about this".

I mean, "the previous writing of this writer is all I have to know how they write, and I didn't like it, so I'm wary" is taken as a bizarre enough position to warrant a bunch of posts going "why you silly person, don't you see you should disregard it". It's not even if he's right in his wariness or not, but does any kind of "I'm not sure about this thing Archie is doing" post really need this amount of "no you should not be unsure and here's why" posts in response?

• Thumbs Up 1

Project X Zone is the closest thing to that, unfortunately it's not a Fighter per say, but shit, the way the animations and how characters attack in the game certainly make it look like it should be a Fighter.

Shoot take a look a X and Zero's moves in Project X Zone, (which happens to include Ultimate Armor) and other Sega, Capcom, and Namco characters moves (X & Zero at 24:25)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geuPC4gslUA

But yeah, next crossover game Capcom does, it better be with Sega, or with BOTH Sega and Namco to get that Project X Zone fighter, which would pretty much be the greatest crossover game ever if they get it to happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

No more than it needs someone misrepresenting a post that's actually saying "I don't understand how your cautions are a problem here," as something belittling to someone else.

Like seriously, could you actually try without the passive-aggressive responses? Do you not know how far that could actually go? Because I asked you nicely once before, and yet here you are still doing it again.

Because you get defensive every singe damn time anyone says anything remotely negative when it comes to the comics.

Because you get defensive every singe damn time anyone says anything remotely negative when it comes to the comics.

K fine no Super saiyan armor force X, fine. then why not 1 of the ultimate armors? why omit X entirely from the final battle in 1 of his armor forms?!

Seems kind of fucked up for SEGA to be making a call Capcom should be making.

That, and Super Ultimate Armor X sounds a bit cheesy. (Though the actual form would probably look pretty cool)

• Thumbs Up 1

Couldn't they just use Ultima Armor to make up for it? X has a lot of upgrades that could compare.

Uh, I don't see why Shdowhunt should be obligated to trust anything myself. I do, but it's not the reader's onus to just trust a writer right off if they don't like their previous works, regardless of how different circumstances are. That just sounds silly. 

• Thumbs Up 3