Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

As an aside, complaining about complainers is even more obnoxious. Don't pretend you care more about a franchise on a more deep level just because you aren't interested in details others are, the elitism goes down a ridiculous road.

I'm assuming this was directed at me, but I'm not really "complaining about complainers" but ya know, saying that creators should be able to do whatever the hell they want with a series and for fans not act so entitled and go crazy over every change they're not comfortable with :V

• Thumbs Up 3

Jeez Louise, that's a massive spike, especially when it's coming off of Spark of Life's performance.

Jeez Louise, that's a massive spike, especially when it's coming off of Spark of Life's performance.

Milestone issue with eight variants? Yeah, I think that'll definitely boost up the sales.

I don't even think "Spark of Life" performed that badly; not as well as more recent stories, but for a non-SEGA centric storyline, I think it did adequately. Hopefully the slightly lower sales compared to the on-going or SEGA centric SU stories don't put Archie off giving the supporting cast more chances in the spotlight.

I'm assuming this was directed at me, but I'm not really "complaining about complainers" but ya know, saying that creators should be able to do whatever the hell they want with a series and for fans not act so entitled and go crazy over every change they're not comfortable with :V

And if people said this about Sonic Team they wouldn't survive the backlash.

Just sayin'.

EDIT: Like, I'm with you that if Ian chose to give Sally a love interest, that wouldn't be a bad thing, but like...it's a little weird to see the sentiment of "this person should be allowed to do whatever they want with their own thing" in the Sonic fanbase without a hint of irony.

Edited by Celestia

Milestone issue with eight variants? Yeah, I think that'll definitely boost up the sales.

I don't even think "Spark of Life" performed that badly; not as well as more recent stories, but for a non-SEGA centric storyline, I think it did adequately. Hopefully the slightly lower sales compared to the on-going or SEGA centric SU stories don't put Archie off giving the supporting cast more chances in the spotlight.

Yeah, I think I can agree with you.  Considering  how it put practically all the spotlight on Sally and Nicole, it was a decent enough turn out.

And if people said this about Sonic Team they wouldn't survive the backlash.

Just sayin'.

To be fair, I don't think the two are comparable. When we talk about change in the games, it's often regarding the very foundation of the gameplay, which is a pretty important aspect of the game. This change is a tiny part of the narrative that's ultimately superfluous. 

Edit: Also Shade features in LHT.

• Thumbs Up 2

So are you guys saying that NICOLE can't be a good love interest because that's what i'm getting at here. :P

FINALLY! We get a arc about Silver also really digging that cartoony look on the Boom cover!

So only Super Sonic and Super Armor Mega Man again?

And solicits!

MEGA MAN #52

The ALL-NEW Sonic/Mega Man Crossover sequel comes to a chaotic close with "Worlds Unite" Part Twelve: The grand finale to "Worlds Unite" sees our super-powered heroes Sonic and Mega Man face off against the evil Sigma in his final, most lethal form! If that wasn't enough, the Genesis Portal-ravaged reality is falling apart and time is running out to fix it! You don't want to miss the stunning conclusion to the biggest crossover event of the year! Featuring the worlds of STREET FIGHTER, SKIES OF ARCADIA, NiGHTS INTO DREAMS, OKAMI, GHOSTS 'N' GOBLINS, ALEX KIDD and more! Featuring cover art from the legendary T.Rex, a special "SUPER-POWERED" variant by Reilly Brown and the final part of the epic 12-part connecting variant cover series by artist Ben Bates!

Script: Ian Flynn

Art: Tyson Hesse, Jim Amash, Jack Morelli and Matt Herms

Mega Man #52 CVR A Reg: T. Rex

Mega Man #52 CVR B Variant: Reilly Brown

Epic Poster Variant (pt 12 of 12): Ben Bates

On Sale Date: 8/19

32-page, full color comic

$3.99 U.S

SONIC BOOM #11

Follow up after the "WORLDS UNITE" crossover with a BOOM in this EXPLOSIVE

eleventh issue! "Eggman Gets a Gorilla": When Dr. Eggman's regular robotic enforcers just can't cut the mustard, he hires some additional help! (Because, seriously, how hard is it to cut mustard?) Introducing the mighty, Kyle the Gorilla! Is he really the next APE wonder of the world? Or will Sonic get yet another reason to point and laugh? You'll be pointing and laughing too-but in a good way! Featuring cover art by rising star Diana Skelly plus a "BOOMTASTIC" variant with art provided by SEGA!

Script: Sam Sandak Freiberger

Art: Diana Skelly, Rick Bryant, John Workman and Matt Herms

Sonic Boom #11 CVR A Reg: Diana Skelly, Rick Bryant and Matt Herms

Sonic Boom #11 CVR B Variant: SEGA

On Sale Date: 9/2

$3.99 U.S.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #276

The BLUE BLUR IS BACK from the events of "WORLDS UNITE" and ready to save the world! In "Cold Hearted," Sonic embarks on a quest through the arctic to find and recover the all-important Gaia Keys! Collecting them all is essential for fixing the shattered world. It's a pretty chill mission until Egg Boss Tundra steps in to put the freeze on Sonic's plans! Meanwhile, Dr. Eggman is "Back in Business" as he braves the unknown to find his most treasured killing machine Metal Sonic! Featuring cover art by newcomer Adam Bryce Thomas plus a "HERO" variant with art provided by SEGA!

SONIC UNIVERSE #79

SILVER THE HEDGEHOG RETURNS in an ALL-NEW adventure! Enter:"The Silver Age": Part One

Silver the Hedgehog's future may no longer be a terrible burning ruin, but it certainly is far from safe! Mystery and danger abounds as Silver is dragged into a dangerous conspiracy linked to the reality-warping menaces known as the Genesis Portals! Featuring cover art by Sonic comic extraordinaire Evan Stanley plus a "HERO" variant with art provided by SEGA!

Script: Evan Stanley

Art: Tracy Yardley, Jim Amash, Jack Morelli and Matt Herms

Sonic Universe #79 CVR A Reg: Evan Stanley

Sonic Universe #79 CVR B Variant: SEGA

On Sale Date: 8/26

$3.99 U.S.

And the cover is complete!

coversunitesmall-136429.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

So only Super Sonic and Super Armor Mega Man again?

I was hoping for Primal Sticks and Super Armor X, too. 

Oh, well. Silver's back in the limelight! And we're finally gonna get to know Egg Boss Tundra!

(Though Sonic #276's solicit implies Metal won't be in Worlds Unite. :( )

Evan writing a Universe arc? That's pretty cool, can't wait for that.

As for the covers, I love the Silver one. The rest are cool too, but that one sticks out to me for some reason. Also, Sonic's pose on 276 reminds me his wall running animation from Lost World, with his arms spread and stuff, though he seems to be running through a loop?

First. I fucking called it with the FCBD issue, Silver finally fixed his future.

Second, looks like the return of Super Mega Man

Third, I can't wait for that second Silver arc, although I doubt it'll be as good as The Silver Saga

Forth, those covers look awesome

Finally, oh hey, we get three useless and boring variants for all of that months Sonic comics.

Those are some incredibly underwhelming variants.

And looks like no Super Sticks and X after all?

Signal fading...must get message out...before...crash...

tumblr_nome1knfyk1qdtw9eo2_540.jpg

Not sure how I feel about Evan Stanley doing script work to be honest...

• Thumbs Up 1

Worlds Unite Part 12: suddenly T-Rex. Not that that's a bad thing but random change of pace. And wow, no offence, but I didn't even notice the first variant was a different cover at first, it's so similar looking to the main one.

Sonic: yay we're finally seeing more of Tundra.

Universe: nice, Evan has a lot of experience writing Silver so I'm not worried at all.

Boom: meh. Nice cartoony cover, story sounds whimsical enough but, meh.

And boring stock art variants *unenthusiastic yay*

Dude, no offence but Evan has been doing a fan comic based around Silver for over 8 years at this point. It's extremely good, so I have no problems with the fact that she's writing this arc, she's in fact, the best person to get for Silver to be honest.