Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

i guess i understand that off panel like this:

Sonic and Tails know they were not suposed to be at the off panel..

Amy and Sally says the joke for this off panel was not accepted by the editor

Sonic and Tails get realize they are at the third panel..

so Sally calls Mama robotnik as last resource :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cBlbGsIKdUI

funny !

• Thumbs Up 3

So does that confirm that the prologue is canon to the Sega universe?

I'm sure it's because he had some ideas to change around since some things about the comic felt off. (i.e. taking it without context, the D6 didn't seem like they were villains, as so much as victims.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was the Lost World Free Halloween Book really released 2 years ago?!?! :blink:

Anyway, this was a pretty good issue.

Was the Lost World Free Halloween Book really released 2 years ago?!?! :blink:

Anyway, this was a pretty good issue.

Well, it was released roughly the same time as Lost World. So presumably that would be two years ago.

Hay Is there any news on the

sonic super special magazine #14?

I still have not seen it out and I just want to know if its just my location or if its missing

everywhere?

Now seems like good a time as any to bring up my headcanon: that story takes place in the new Sonic comic universe, but in an alternate future timeline. It was set to occur in the near future, but then the Super Genesis Wave set the timeline off course.

I got my issue today and since there don't seem to be any spoilers yet...

-The old guy introduces Sonic and Antoine to the Gaia Gate. They can apparently get to the other temples from there all in one go...but first they need to collect the sun and moon keys. Oh boy I know where this is headed...

so does that mean they will just warp from gaia temple to gaia temple and we won't get to see the other continents or eggmanland at all D:

https://youtu.be/yODLkaF8F-Y

Meh. He's still not very good. Not as bad as Lim or Penders but his style is always very wonky, and the proportions always feel so damn mixed up. It's just not a pretty thing to look at, especially when the comic has at least 6 different artists (Tracy Yardley, Ben Bates, Evan Stanley, Steven Butler, Jennifer Hernandez, and Diana Skelly) who are much better than him, including one who used to have screwed up proportions but became much better (Steven Butler).

Anybody have any idea what the heck happened to Sonic Super Special Magazine #14?  I thought it was supposed to be out a while ago.

Vedi mentioned its not there yet. Not sure what happened though. Must be delivery issues.

so does that mean they will just warp from gaia temple to gaia temple and we won't get to see the other continents or eggmanland at all D:

https://youtu.be/yODLkaF8F-Y

Actually, if anything, that would just make traveling to the other continents more convenient. They'll likely still go to the other continents - it's where the Gaia Temples are anyway, it's just that they don't have to go searching for a needle in the haystack everwhere they go. Just find one temple and use it to get to the others.

I could be wrong, but if I'm not the real question is how are the Sun and Moon medals going to be incorporated? Will they have to find each medal on each continent to allow them access to a new temple?

Actually, if anything, that would just make traveling to the other continents more convenient. They'll likely still go to the other continents - it's where the Gaia Temples are anyway, it's just that they don't have to go searching for a needle in the haystack everwhere they go. Just find one temple and use it to get to the others.

I could be wrong, but if I'm not the real question is how are the Sun and Moon medals going to be incorporated? Will they have to find each medal on each continent to allow them access to a new temple?

Sounds like filler to be honest. It's standard videogames filler plot. Collect the X to unlock the Y to beat the Z. It's boring and predictable. So I frankly hope they don't go that route.

one thing I will bring up though is it sounds like amy and knuckles will be master emerald hunting together I wonder if that could be what the next sonic universe story arch will be about?

one thing I will bring up though is it sounds like amy and knuckles will be master emerald hunting together I wonder if that could be what the next sonic universe story arch will be about?

Sounds like filler to be honest. It's standard videogames filler plot. Collect the X to unlock the Y to beat the Z. It's boring and predictable. So I frankly hope they don't go that route.

No. Filler is what the Wave of Change and Fighters arc and the Dark Trilogy saga in Universe were. And even those had a strong connection to the main conflict, or at least had strong associations with it. Nevermind the Master Emerald shard sub-plot in the middle of all this.

What you're calling a filler is actually the entire basis of Unleashed's plot, which this is adapting. So it's far from filler - it's the main plot. I've given this adaptation a lot of freedom in how it goes about it, but unless they have something else in store to keep it on track with that I'd say they'd run the risk making it less of what it's adapting.

Finding medals on each continent would keep in on track with Unleashed's "World Adventure" theme as they explore the other cultures there while being able to use one Temple to get to all the other would streamline the search and the adaptation without them having to search for each separately. And there's hardly anything predictable about it because there's no telling what'll happen on the other end of those temples, what will keep them from collecting the medals, how many medals they'll find in the process, or how the medals will even allow access to the other temples.

• Thumbs Up 2

Uh, Unleashed's plot WAS filler. That's one of the main criticisms of it's story. About 30 minutes in after meeting Professor Pickle, the next hour or so of cutscenes are basically just going to Gaia Temples. The plot doesn't develop at that point when that happens.

Uh, Unleashed's plot WAS filler. That's one of the main criticisms of it's story. About 30 minutes in after meeting Professor Pickle, the next hour or so of cutscenes are basically just going to Gaia Temples. The plot doesn't develop at that point when that happens.

That's not filler. That's a weak and boring second act, which is what it was criticized for. What you're talking about is "padding" which is different, and Unleashed's plot still doesnt fall into that.

Filler is material that is unrelated to the main plot, like having an sub-adventure in the middle of the main one that we see done in anime. Padding is filling in space for the sake of lengthening the main story to the point of dragging it out. Gaia Temples and the things associated with them are cental to Unleashed's plot, the main parts of the plot, and therefore not filler and the cutscenes aren't even long enough to be considered dragged out since they're not really that long.

So no, it still wouldn't be filler for them to follow the stuff done in the game. And quite frankly, there's a lot more material here for the comics to avoid having a weak second act that its game counterpart suffered from. So even if what Unleashed did was defined as filler or padding (and the gameplay is guilty of the latter, not the plot), that hardly means the comics will suffer from the same thing by comparison.

• Thumbs Up 6

Does anyone know when we'll be seeing the new covers and solicits?  Because I'm starting to get curious.