Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

True. Personally, I thought the excuse of Jules' original body being too far gone a pretty lame excuse, since wasn't the whole idea of roboticization to heal the body? Or something to that effect at least. Staff at the time probably wanted there to be more conflict and angst dealing with Jules, aside from being the only Robian left being the only interesting thing about him. And I use the term interesting lightly. Xp

Ahhh yeah I get you now...Personally I think Bunnie should have went the way of Shortfuse in STC-O, unbadniked but still wears a suit of powerd armour so he can fight.

Now I'm getting an image in my head of Bunnie constantly repeating her origin like Shorty.XD

"Hey Sugah-Hog, did ah ever tell y'all about the time ah was eatin' carrots, and two SWATBots dumped me in a roboticizer?

...Sonic, where are you going?"

REMEMBER ME ROBOTNIK? THE INFANT THAT YOUR ROBOT'S COULDN'T ROBOTOCISE?

REMEMBER ME ROBOTNIK? THE INFANT THAT YOUR ROBOT'S COULDN'T ROBOTOCISE?

NOW I SHALL HAVE MY VENGEANCE! BY MAKING YOU LISTEN TO MY LONG, BORING EXPOSITORY SPEECH!

XD

AND THEN BY BLOWING SHIT UP!

Man Shortfuse was awesome...you know I wouldn't mind a crossover with those two where they talk about the diferences/simalarities of their experiances.

AND THEN BY BLOWING SHIT UP!

Man Shortfuse was awesome...you know I wouldn't mind a crossover with those two where they talk about the diferences/simalarities of their experiances.

Heh, for some reason, I'm imagining them having this discussion while they're both flying around with their rocket boosters.^^

How can you hate Shortfuse? Shortfuse was a badass MOFO!

He wasn't as good as Vermin. Evil rat cybernik ftw!

EDIT: I forgot what his name was, lol.

Edited by Frozen Nitrogen

But Toby. He was a badnik. That Robotnik made. That turned against him. As he was so fond of reminding us...

But Toby. He was a badnik. That Robotnik made. That turned against him.

Interestingly, he was like a pre-Sonic Adventure version of Gamma, in that sense.

Yeah except that Gamma didn't bitch about being a robot all the time, and Gamma was a bit of a...heroic sociopath.

Yeah except that Gamma didn't bitch about being a robot all the time, and Gamma was a bit of a...heroic sociopath.

Heh, I guess the main difference was the amount of emotion they showed...One hot, one cold, so to speak.^_~

How can you hate Shortfuse? Shortfuse was a badass MOFO!

True this, annoying at times, but awesome all the same.

The Gammas were done in the same way a regular badnik is made, while Shortfuse was something different. Gamma couldn't moan about it, he was more machine taking over an animal yet retaining some of it's memories, while Shortfuse was complketely conscious of what was happening to him. They're very different characters and concepts and I love them both.

Plus, Gamma just descided to kill his own brothers because it would "free" them...crazy bastard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't say I'm a big fan of Archie Sonic, though I like the cartoony early comics they did. Stylistically I find it very visually unappealing, it'd be nice to see some more rounded cartoony styling instead of sharp, ugly lines. No doubt there have been some artists who have done this during Archie, I just haven't been following the series to have seen it. I do like the earlier comics though, like the Sally and Tails miniseries.

• Sonic News

Not that I've read any Archie other than #204, but isn't this a reference to Chronicles and the Nocturnus warp belts? Even without seeing the comic or understanding the context it sounds pretty blatant to me.

Actually, it was something that had been explained a couple times in the comic, but Drazen seems to have forgotten.

What Shadow destroyed was a band that allowed Lien Da to survive the shift in the timeline Sonic caused when he went back in time to fix things. When it was destroyed, that Lien Da dissapeared, and she now exists in the timeline as she would have after the shift in the timeline.

God I hate time travel...

Indeed. I'm still trying to make sense of the ending of the original Christopher Reeves Superman movie.

But that's beside the topic.

Now I want to see Super Sonic fly so fast that he causes Mobius to rotate in the opposite direction, thus turning back time. =p

Actually, it was something that had been explained a couple times in the comic, but Drazen seems to have forgotten.

What Shadow destroyed was a band that allowed Lien Da to survive the shift in the timeline Sonic caused when he went back in time to fix things. When it was destroyed, that Lien Da dissapeared, and she now exists in the timeline as she would have after the shift in the timeline.

Time travelling NEVER works.