Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Hahaha, LOVE <3 that Eggman panel, and finally get to see what his Turtle mech looks like! To my delight very much like his ones from Sonic Heroes like I suspected it might!

Also very glad to see that it looks like this "team up" is looking less like that phrase's conventional meaning; as it seems like Sonic is more of an observer, or maybe instigating Eggman to chase him into the IQ forces destroying them in the process. This is much, much better than a "Sonic and Eggman are buddies" scenario, and I hope that I am correctly reading into this.

Please keep up the old school awesome Eggman mechs (as thats what made classic Robotnik awesome, his boss mechs) and please keep up the cocky 'hog attitude!

Looks like the Turtle robot from Sonic Rivals, I think. It's been a while I played that game.

Though I've been wondering what's up with that left arm.

Looks like the Turtle robot from Sonic Rivals, I think. It's been a while I played that game.

Though I've been wondering what's up with that left arm.

You mean this turtle?

And yes, he does seem to have roboticized his own limb. :/

So...Am I the only one who noticed in the little preview for issue 205 that they reference the Twilight Zone (mostly used in Knuckles Stories) as a.k.a. The Twilight Cage?! As in Chronicles? I wonder if Ian plans to mix in stuff from Chronicles into the comic storyline...Not sure how I would respond to that.

Not that I've read any Archie other than #204, but isn't this a reference to Chronicles and the Nocturnus warp belts? Even without seeing the comic or understanding the context it sounds pretty blatant to me.

moar liek, Chronicles copied Archie again. =P

In the second M:25YL universe, time was reset and anybody not wearing an armband that Tails made were not able to retain memories of the previous timeline. The only ones who had one were Tails and his family (Mina, and his kids Melody, and Skye) and Lien-da presumable made her own. It also had to do with something about how close they were to a certain area and how close they were when time was reset, or somesuch. Sonic was in close proximity and was still able to retain all of his memories, while others like Lara-Su only remembered figments of some people or situations. Since the time skip happened in the first 25 Years Later story and didn't read it, I don't know the full details of it myself.

You mean this turtle?

And yes, he does seem to have roboticized his own limb. :/

Well, sort of.XD He slapped a bunch of random technological items on his still organic arm in a crude attempt to look like the old SatAM Robotnik.

...Unless you already knew that and were just trying to be ironic.^_~

Well, sort of.XD He slapped a bunch of random technological items on his still organic arm in a crude attempt to look like the old SatAM Robotnik.

...Unless you already knew that and were just trying to be ironic.^_~

Not that I've read any Archie other than #204, but isn't this a reference to Chronicles and the Nocturnus warp belts? Even without seeing the comic or understanding the context it sounds pretty blatant to me.

:unsure:

Heh, sorry about that Frozen. Guess I wasn't paying attention.XD

Actually, considering that, if I'm not mistaken, you're a Fleetway vet, isn't it interesting how Robotnik's sailed into insanity for precisely the same reason he did in Sonic the Comic?^^

Difference is, Archie Eggman's insanity is fun and funny. Fleetway Robotnik's insanity was him acting mopey.

I think Eggman insanity is indeed fun and funny at this stage, but without reading issue 205 and having guesses and theories, I think this is actually a development that is leading somewhere. I could take a few swings at where it's leading too, but I'm unsure yet.

...Actually, thinking of some issues before this, are they somehow going to introduce Eggman Nega through this? Eggman Nega has shown himself through the attitudes of the characters in the comic to be exactly what he is in the Rush series: One cold hearted dark monster who has a polite exterior but doesn't fear death. Eggman Nega is a negative version of Eggman...And Eggman going batshit insane could lead into something intersting if Eggman Nega gets thrown into the mix to be the only one there to help Eggman. We know he's coming eventually but when is the question.

Or the Black Arms come out of nowhere and send the world to hell. That could work too.

Difference is, Archie Eggman's insanity is fun and funny. Fleetway Robotnik's insanity was him acting mopey.

I wouldn't say where he went insane was fun. This is fun however, here you're right, but he's being fun at the cost of recycling jokes from other sources so I hardly think this is Archie's merit.

About Sonic the Comic, you're wrong. The mopey scene occupied two pages of one issue. Halfway in the next chapter he was already planning stuff thanks to the release of Chaos.

This is funnny, in my book. At least as funny as male anatomy jokes.

28gqtkg.jpg

10459ub.jpg

There are more, including Robotnik's eagerness to have a front row seat to witness the end of the world, but since not everyone likes "black" humour, these are quite enough.

I get the feeling Archie is a bit desperate though. Maybe sales are really down in the dumps and they are shoehorning these references as a last resort.

Thats the kind of vibe I got looking at this. If the comic were more successful, and if Ian had a penchant for doing stuff like this often, I would've brushed it off, but-- from what I've witnessed, Ian and his buds don't even have a good enough grasp on what much more popular memes/neticisms mean, so this left a really bad taste in my mouth. That and when I consider the fact the book's on a decline (and for the skeptics ask me for the figures and ye shall receive), this meme came in after so many issues, and from the implication of nothing else substantially happening save yet another manfight by the summary... the net phrase ends up losing its appeal and instead, just comes off as, well..yeah. desperate.

Eggman Nega is a negative version of Eggman...And Eggman going batshit insane could lead into something intersting if Eggman Nega gets thrown into the mix to be the only one there to help Eggman.

Um..I don't think Archie's even allowed to use Eggman Nega.

Edited by Picchi
  • Thumbs Up 1

New review from Dan :lol:

So much for the "he loves it cause of SonicXSally" theory.

Well, I'd never said Dan gave the whole arc a good score for any reason entirely. I did note SonSal for being one of the reasons for giving one of the previous stories a good score, but that's because he praised the Sonic/Sally moment when evaluating the story (I think for the heart score).

OK, this story hit a major brick wall for me when we

were introduced to Jacque and Belle D'Coolette, the offspring of

Bunnie and Antoine. Hey, another set of twins is something I can

relate to, being a twin myself. I can NOT, however, find any

valid reason for them to take after their mother by having one

bionic arm and one bionic leg each.

I think he probably should've also noted that being able to turn pure metal into flesh and blood (a technology we've seen by folks like the BEM) was alluded to in M:25YL when Knux was asked why he didn't replace his eye with an organic one, and by the simple fact that Bunnie wouldn't have even been able to reproduce these kids without it because.... she's a little inorganic "down there" if you know what I mean. I thought the of Belle and Jacque having robotic limbs for no given reason was thus.....silly. Even if they'd underwent some kind of accident they'd just get new organic parts like their mom.

Actually, considering that, if I'm not mistaken, you're a Fleetway vet, isn't it interesting how Robotnik's sailed into insanity for precisely the same reason he did in Sonic the Comic?^^

Mmmyes. interesting indeed..considering they said they were gonna leave that verse alone after that big mess involving accusations of Archie stealing concepts that were originally Fleetway's. 9,9

Ian posted on the Something Awful forums that he won't explain how the kids are like that because people will be making a big deal out of it anyway. In the case of Drazen, i'm sure Ian was right about that. XD

Well Drazen is making a big deal out of it because there's the absense of a feasible reason. Ian's implying he has a perfectly feasible reason, and that folks like Dan who are mainly making a big deal about are just making complaints out of their asses. In reality the reason people are making a big deal about it is because there's no sensible explanation. Let's just face it. Ian wanted a Bunnie/Antoine replica and gave them robotic limbs to be recycled versions of their parents whether it made sense or not. It's quite habitual to see him write things he wants to see regardless of whether they make sense and I'm wondering if I should even bother considering this much beyond a wish fullfilment fanfic. He's not going to tell you because he probably doesn't have a sensible reason and was probably never thinking that far ahead. Otherwise he's just putting the cart before the horse: Saying people will still make a big deal about it even if he can explain it...when the lack of an explanation is why people are making a big deal about it.

Edited by Miko

You know what annoys me? When the Bem derobitcized everyone they excluded Bunnie and Jules. Jules was excluded because if he were returned to normal he would die from his old wounds...and Bunnie was not cured because her new robotic limbs were not robotocized in the first place...which is fair enough...untill you consider that the Bem once rerobotcized an entire species of robotic aliens, so why couldn't Bunnie be healed?

Lol. Remember how Eggman and Snively were roboticized, and how they'd keep coming back each time they were killed off? Makes you wonder. Why couldn't they have just transferred Jules' memories over to another metalic duplicate that could've been de-roboticized later?

This is even more jaring when you consider that Jules had his body destroyed and then repaird by a ring. Also, Queen Acorn was in a coma for 16 or so years and she was fine. So why was Jules still derobotocized.

It was just a BS reason. This wasn't SatAM where the robotic parts were exsokeletons of flesh. These were purely robotic parts, and The Xordra have demonstrated they could take robotic parts that hadn't even been roboticized, and turn them into pure flesh and blood. If they could do this, why the hell is Bunnie non organic? Hell they didn't even take Bunnie to try doing anything with her. And I don't understand why they couldn't have made fresh parts for Jules instead of reverting him to his more crippled state.

I think it had more to do with the fact that if they deroboticized Bunnie, she'd pretty much be rendered useless as far as fighting Eggman goes. At least, I believe that's the reason they did it.

In-comic reason could possibly be because Bunnie was half robot, and couldn't be changed because of that. But then again, Enerjak changed the Dark Legion back to normal, but he was a god.

The problem with that Toby is that the Bem deroboticized ROBOTIC ALIENS! Creatures that were robots from day one!

Oh, I know that. Was shown in issue #129. I'm just saying it's possible that they couldn't change her back because she was only HALF robotic. Like, maybe it can only be one way or the other?

Ahhh yeah I get you now...Personally I think Bunnie should have went the way of Shortfuse in STC-O, unbadniked but still wears a suit of powerd armour so he can fight.

the BEM didn't even take her onboard to test her let alone could they have found her being a cyborg wouldn't have worked. And being Knux had known since mecha madness Bunnie had 'problems' being bionic, why didn't he deroboticize her since he'd considered it bad to be partially roboticized? Not once does he even so much as give her a second glance and she was the most robotic... bionic thing there.

Edited by Miko

Not saying Julie-su couldn't come first/be a prefference. But ignored Bunnie entirely. Well anyhow, I noticed something didn't settle right. Amadeus still wears a patch on his eye, so at least it's somewhat consistent what they did to Jules in that they can't heal extreme wounds. ...Course in spite of that consistency, I'm still baffled as to why it's even an issue since they can make fresh new parts from scratch. With Bunnie yes, maybe there may've been a chance of organ rejection, blood type problems and so on. But if the person's fully robotic, and you can make their physical form entirely your way...seems a moot point for Amadeus and Jules.

Edited by Miko