Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Thank goodness for preview pages!

Yay! Yardley! is doing the pencils for this issue!

I wonder where did Bean and Bark go...? Really would love for Bean to have stayed so we could hear more randomly funny things come from him as usual. Also, Sally has those arm blades from when she was Mecha Sally?! That's awesome!!! Interested in the types of fights she might has to fight in the future.

Ha, thats hilarious

, I cant believe they threw in a sonic generations ref XD

Where is the Generations reference at? I don't see one...unless I'm blind...

Thank goodness for preview pages!

Yay! Yardley! is doing the pencils for this issue! 

I wonder where did Bean and Bark go...? Really would love for Bean to have stayed so we could hear more randomly funny things come from him as usual. Also, Sally has those arm blades from when she was Mecha Sally?! That's awesome!!! Interested in the types of fights she might has to fight in the future. 

Where is the Generations reference at? I don't see one...unless I'm blind...

Bean and Bark were "WANTED" in City Escape.

Edited by Sparky
  • Thumbs Up 1

The only "Generations reference" I see is Bean saying that he and Bark are wanted criminals.

thats what I meant

Woah the artwork is awesome, seeing Sally with those blades is so surreal also Llamar Wells called it. In other news DA's about to explode

Just downloaded and read it. Spoilers ahoy:

We open with Amy and the others, almost exactly where we left them at the end of PPP (they return to the middle of Mobotropolis, but their dialogue is different for some reason). They narrowly avoid being battered by a crashing escape pod, being driven by Sally. Metal Sonic appears on her tail, and Sally attacks with her wrist blades (yes, the same ones she had as Mecha Sally). Cream requests that Bean and Bark help them deal with MS, but with no money on offer, and the fact that they're wanted criminals in the city, they flee, much to Creams irritation.

The girls continue their assault on Metal Sonic. A group of random Mobians, who appear to be dressed in a uniform that suggests they're this realities version of the Secret Service, show up, their leader, a purple female bird telling Sally that they'll take care of the threat, only for all of them to be knocked off their feet by a single dash. Before MS can cause any further harm, a certain bi-plane flies overhead, a spinning ball drops down and slams Metal into the ground: Sonic's returned!

After being praised for his timing, Sonic leads Metal out of the city where they begin a race, cut short when a missile launched from the Tornado hits Metal. Sonic is briefly taken aback as the robot emerges from the smoke, only to be relieved at seeing the whole lower half of his body had vanished in the blast, rendering Metal out of action.

With that out of the way, Sonic races back to the city for an important order of business: gripping Sally in a tight hug (little bit of tearage from sonic too :P) Sally, predictably wonders what's gotten into him, to which he simply replies it's good to see her. *Ahem!* goes Amy, and Sonic turns his attention to her, telling her that he was worried about her. Lovestruck, all Amy can think to say is "Blaze says hi!" Hearing this, Sonic comes to the conclusion that the Genesis Wave must have sent her to Blaze's world. Amy is clueless as to what a Genesis Wave is. Sally remarks that Sonic is making less sense than usual. He excuses this by saying he's going too fast as usual, but the important thing was Amy is home safe, Sally's not a robot anymore ("Not a robot?!" says Sally) and that there's important stuff to handle at the Sky Patrol. But first: Sally has a brief, single-panel reunion with her father.

Later at the Mystic Ruins, after the mass Freedom Fighter reunion, the subject of the last batch if memories comes up. After filling in Sal and Amy the situation, it's decided that the girls must share Nicole's remaining energy by having both of them touching her at the same time. After being warned of how disorientating the experience will be, the girl both hold onto Nicole:

Sally's flashbacks include a random moment with her and a Roboticized Uncle Chuck, and attacking Sonic as Mecha Sally. Amy's memories are her being kidnapped by Metal Sonic, and attacking Nack the Weasal.

Sally collapses forward, her mouth cupped in her hands: "tried to start a war...things I said...things I did...almost murdered..."

She breaks into a fit of emotional apologies. Bunnie dashes over to comfort her.

Suddenly, Nicole yells from her handheld to launch the Sky Patrol: Rotor does as she says. Once the Sky Patrol is in the air, Rotor attaches a power ring to the handheld, allowing Nicole's lynx body to materialize. She is noticeably horrified by what she has just discovered: it wasn't just their reality that was rewritten, THE ENTIRE MULTIVERSE HAS COLLAPSED IN UPON ITSELF.

We switch to the Death Egg, where Eggman has discovered the very same thing. "The last time I used the Genesis Wave, it was on just this planet" Eggman explains "and those energies nearly destroyed it. This time, I changed everything. Reality has changed, but all of that excess energy has been applied to our one little fragile world..."

Basically, the world is going to tear itself apart.

Sonic: "Woah, hold on Nicole , we save the world all the time!"

Tails: "Right! What do we do to stop it?

Orbot: "Ha! Ha-ha! Good one sir, you had me going there, boss. You have a plan yes?"

Cubot: "You're a genius! You can fix this right?!"

Nicole: "Stop it?"

Eggman: "Fix it?"

"IT'S TOO LATE!"

With a massive rumble, the planet begins to crack. We end on an epic double-page shot of the good guys watching in horror at the cataclysmic events unfolding below: the planet has broken, and it is absolute carnage.

Wooooaaah mama!!

• Thumbs Up 3

Off-Panel?

And also, OH MY GOSH.

So the entire Multiverse has collapsed in on inself. And the excess energy from the Super Genesis Wave focused onto the Prime Zone, and because of all that reality-altering Chaos Energy, the Prime Zone is suffering MAJOR ramification. Those ramifications are leading up to Sonic's World being unable to hold itself anymore, and all seven plates of the planet break apart and separate, which should inevitably lead to the unleashing of Dark Gaia. So now not only do they have to put the planet back together for the 2nd time, but Sonic and Eggman both have to work together to try to repair all of reality or else the everything will fall into raw chaos. And along with this, Sonic might have to deal with his Werehog resurfacing as well as possibly re-uniting with Chip. If all of Space-Time is tearing itself apart, then Silver and Blaze should be involved. Maybe even Knuckles should be involved since the Master Emerald might be a factor in the restoration of everything.

Off-Panel?

And also, OH MY GOSH.

So the entire Multiverse has collapsed in on inself. And the excess energy from the Super Genesis Wave focused onto the Prime Zone, and because of all that reality-altering Chaos Energy, the Prime Zone is suffering MAJOR ramification. Those ramifications are leading up to Sonic's World being unable to hold itself anymore, and all seven plates of the planet break apart and separate, which should inevitably lead to the unleashing of Dark Gaia. So now not only do they have to put the planet back together for the 2nd time, but Sonic and Eggman both have to work together to try to repair all of reality or else the everything will fall into raw chaos. And along with this, Sonic might have to deal with his Werehog resurfacing as well as possibly re-uniting with Chip. If all of Space-Time is tearing itself apart, then Silver and Blaze should be involved. Maybe even Knuckles should be involved since the Master Emerald might be a factor in the restoration of everything.

How do we know that unleashed has even happened yet? just a thought

oh and that off panel XD

How do we know that unleashed has even happened yet? just a thought

oh and that off panel XD

Well, for one thing:

Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, [sonic Heroes, because of->], Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic Colors have all been confirmed/implied to have happened. Plus, I think Ian wants to stay true to the games' chronology for the game events

Hey Mando!!

Its only a small part of a panel, and its a flashback so it may not count as him being used proper yet..but Nack!! Haha

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, the reunion is almost exactly what I imagined it would be, except, theres no kiss?

:( Also, is it just me, or did Sally nearly mention Elias?  

Hey Mando!!

Its only a small part of a panel, and its a flashback so it may not count as him being used proper yet..but Nack!! Haha

Yeah I know XD, wasnt entirely worried about his return, the question is just when

Wow, the reunion is almost exactly what I imagined it would be, except, theres no kiss?

sad.png Also, is it just me, or did Sally nearly mention Elias?  

Sure looks like it to me. Granted it was in response to her flashback, but it makes me think she may have a brother in this universe too.

She was mentioning Antoine.

What are you talking about? It was Metal Sonic 3.5 who nearly killed Antoine. Meanwhile, Sally made two direct attempts on her brother's life.

I want some clarification.

What did they mean the whole multi-verse collapsed on itself? is this just some kind of cop-out to wipe out the other realities that were set up in the old!universe?

Also wouldn't wiping out the multi-verse mean wiping out the game!universe and Blaze's Sol Emerald universe?

First thing that should come to any long time readers mind when...

the multi-verse is in turmoil is the Zone Cops and Zonic. Perhaps the whole multi-verse collapsing is a way to kill off Zonic and that whole story arc with Scourge escaping from a Zone Cop prison etc

First thing that should come to any long time readers mind when...

the multi-verse is in turmoil is the Zone Cops and Zonic. Perhaps the whole multi-verse collapsing is a way to kill off Zonic and that whole story arc with Scourge escaping from a Zone Cop prison etc

If Zonic is gone theres gonna be a whooooooole lotta pissed off international fans, hes been getting popular with korean and japanese fanbases as of late.

Ho ho! The gang is back together, and I'm freaking glad they kept those blades Mecha Sally used in some way and made them energy blades.

Things are getting really interesting now.

EDIT: Also I like the white outfits for the Secret Service forces too, I have to say i got tired of seeing those blue uniforms.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy mother of chaos!  This is more serious for those guys than I thought.  The whole multiverse!?  Man, and I thought the fall of the freedom fighters was a dark period for the story. 

Neat-O. Yardley!'s pencils seem rushed-er than usual. neat Sally though. (Still prefer Bates', but it's good to see each artist still has wiggle space in rendering the characters).

How many lines did Metal get? Please not many.

The collapsing of the multiverse is likely so they can involve back Blaze and such, plus explain any change they have to do to other dimensions (instead of being like the first Genesis where only Prime was affected).

Metal Sonic got two lines from what I rememeber.I thought he would remain silent,but it's not much of a big deal to me really,he looked preatty beast in the issue too.

So the new uniform is indeed a stash and a berret,seems like a middle finger to some skunk I know,nice.

Sonic looks pretty damn cool in that off panel,very different from Evan's usual work too,I wonder if she's switching up her style.