Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

I have no clue what the gameplay of the game will be like, but based on the synopsis, it sounds like classic Sonic (either 2D or 3D) with alien powers. If it's JUST classic Sonic with some minor gimmicks, with maybe some other playable characters or co-op a la Sonic 2, it could be great. Like, Sonic Unleashed without the Werehog. But if it HAS some game-changing bullshit like the werehog, guns, or telekifuckshit, it'll probably get blasted.

Just sayin'.

Thanks to the Sonic Wrecks download and a bit of image manipulation, I've got myself a new desktop background

Nom.

EDIT: At request :) here's the real image that you can download

Edited by ENVY16

Being a semi-blatant ripoff of Mario Galaxy, I have more hope for this Sonic game than any other announced in recent history. Maybe some of the quality will rub off—It already looks like it has just by the more imaginative environment we've gotten a glimpse of.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Lumas Wisps, but I guess they're kind of cute. This might actually be good.

Yes, because no other video game character has went to space and visited multi-dimensional colorful little creatures on colorful worlds with a colorful theme? I mean Mario is the epitome of originality in that area, am I right?

But all things considered, I've been too seasoned by Ubisoft to fall for cinematic trailers. I'll be back when actual gameplay arrives.

Thanks to the Sonic Wrecks download and a bit of image manipulation, I've got myself a new desktop background

Nom.

Mind uh, uploading that for us?

Woo! Thanks Envy.

Edited by Blue Blood

Mind uh, uploading that for us?

Added to the previous post. Thanks!

Edited by ENVY16

Sonic meets Pokemon? :huh:

That was the first thing to come to my mind after seeing that teaser. It looks interesting to say the least.

Now I'm just itching to know more about it.

I just came home and was pretty surprised to find a new Sonic game announced. At first, I thought it was just some edutainment knockoff (seriously, "Sonic Colors?") but the tone looks refreshing and the gameplay mechanic actually sounds novel rather than unnecessary. To be honest, I sometimes think about what sorts of gimmicks could work well in, if not enhance, basic Sonic gameplay, and this feels a lot like one of those ideas.

So caught up, read everything. I can't add too much discussion to this besides this:

I have always wanted a Sonic stage to look as surrealistic and beautiful as this.

Now I just hope this is nothing like Black Knight lameness with the wisps, NOT on rails or stylized like that with some more real platforming, and that it has amazing music to go with it. I want to see gameplay, but can be patient. I am worried to get excited since the theme alone is what I've always wanted from Sonic, this game has huge weight for me, I just want it to be done right.

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic meets Pokemon? :huh:

That was the first thing to come to my mind after seeing that teaser. It looks interesting to say the least.

Now I'm just itching to know more about it.

Welcome to 10 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

First! (in this forum)

I'm starting to wonder if we'll see any other characters show up? Sonic 4 has taken the "Sonic and Sonic only" route, so why not go all out with this game? I'm not talking about playable characters, but maybe a good number of NPCs? 3D Blast creativly used Knuckles and Tails without actually having them as playable characters.

Fang please?

I'll admit, the game's title immediately reminded me of the True Colours album, and we all know what that was about. Tails appearing right away, the reasonable set of characters who were playable in Black Knight and the recent "multiplay" comments make me think that there'll probably be at least one alternate character. I just hope they all stick to the same basic gameplay style, particularly if there are going to be weird, game-changing alien powerups.

God, I hope Shadow's in this. Just imagine him scowling his way through an entire game's worth of pastel levels...

• Thumbs Up 1

I really want to know who is making the music in this game since I really love the music in Sonic games and this game sounds (from the trailer music) pretty awesome :). I really doubt Jun Senoue working on this title since he will be busy making Sonic 4 Episodes music, so i'm hoping it may be Fumie Kumatani,Kenichi Tokoi or Naofumi Hataya

Edited by ςгครђ

God, I hope Shadow's in this. Just imagine him scowling his way through an entire game's worth of pastel levels...

I actually literally lol'd at that. Yes. Shadow for Sonic Colours, hands down.

... if the game can handle his power level.

Also, I think this is the kind of game that, on the surface, looks so lighthearted and straightforward that having a bunch of playable characters really couldn't hurt it, as long as they didn't drag along a bunch of arbitrary alternative gameplay formats with them. If they just gave each character slightly altered attributes and maybe a unique power or whatever, but didn't make any of it mandatory, I think it'd add to the game.

Looks nice, though it does look a little like super mario galaxy. Super sonic galalxy?

I'll admit, the game's title immediately reminded me of the True Colours album, and we all know what that was about. Tails appearing right away, the reasonable set of characters who were playable in Black Knight and the recent "multiplay" comments make me think that there'll probably be at least one alternate character. I just hope they all stick to the same basic gameplay style, particularly if there are going to be weird, game-changing alien powerups.

I'd love to see Knuckles, but only if he has a reason to be there. No more leaving the ME unattended! It would be cool if Angel Island was floating adjacent to one of the stages, it would make for an impressive backdrop and give reason for Knuckles to appear in a stage. Probably won't happen, but would be cool.

Hmmm... now I'm thinking about potential Eggman boss vehicles...

I wonder if Eggman is trying to awaken another monster or is it all robots.

Hey, sorry I don't show my ugly face around here much but I discovered this in the trailer, some one might of said it already but still, the orange thing seems to be the Chu Chu rocket! look!

post-972-12748999862497_thumb.jpg

post-972-12749000301333_thumb.jpg

Am I right? Anyway, this game looks good so far, Tails is in it. childish, as always, (watch him when the things appear then you will get it.) and I'm going to look forward to digging out my wii in this pit i call a room.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, sorry I don't show my ugly face around here much but I discovered this in the trailer, some one might of said it already but still, the orange thing seems to be the Chu Chu rocket! look!

Killer eye, man. That's a great find. Also cool to see them making references like this. I wonder if there will be a Chu Chu Galaxy or whatever as a stage in the game.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've pretty much always wanted alternate characters.

Given the location of the game, I figure they're going to keep the cast fairly limited. People don't just jump onto passing alien planets every day, after all...it's quite likely we'll have Sonic and Tails head there together and that'll be it.

I wonder if Eggman is trying to awaken another monster or is it all robots.

Using the power of the wisps, Eggman unleashes the awesome might of the great Will-o'-the-wisp.

Edited by BlazingTales
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alternate characters that play similarly to Sonic but with unique moves (Tails flying, Knuckles gliding, Espio wall walking) is what I'm thinking. However Big fishing and Amy slow walking is another thing...

I think people don't like being FORCED as characters with annoying/flawed gameplay styles.

Let us play as Sonic only in the story mode, then give us the option to play through as 2-4 other characters, and most of us will be happy.

That's how I see it anyway. It's the only thing Black Knight did particularly right.

@ Eggman:

I'm ok with Amy being a kind of Easy or Hard option.

She could be hard mode if they choose to not give her spin attacks, like in Sonic Advance 1, or Easy mode if they give her stages less enemies like in Heroes.

EDIT: Oh, and speaking of enemies, they had all better fucking die in one hit, because regular enemies that take more than one hit to kill in Sonic games are such a pain in the ass.

Edited by SuperLink

Hmmm... now I'm thinking about potential Eggman boss vehicles...

Egg Prism perhaps?

I am pondering the inevitable “Rainbow Overdrive” Super Sonic will inevitably come out with. That, and a 99.9% chance of a guaranteed-to-make-you-cringe rainbow scene.

I hope the same people who built BK’s story will be working on this one. They can take it so much farther than any of the storybook concepts.

Edited by Gallia
  • Thumbs Up 1