Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

Okay seriously, that environment is amazing. I LOVE it when you can see other planets like that. When they look super close to the planet you're on. Makes it feel all sci-fi and artsy.

Edit: Makes me wonder what Eggman's robots will look like this time. Maybe we'll have badniks, or we'll have more natural enemies and not robots at all.

Edited by II Sora II

I wonder, would collecting a red and a blue power-up equal a purple power-up? If so, that'd be cool.

Note: there in no Sonic Team logo on the trailer nor on the official site.

Edit: there is no "U" in COLOR. At least, in the USA.

4639658251_54f56822ec.jpg

Edited by Doctor Eggman

Yes there is, well on the trailer at least. When the logo appears, Sonic Team's logo is on the bottom right, next to SEGA

Edited by ENVY16

Christ life has been brilliant lately.

*touches wood*

*sees envy's post*

Nvm Dx

Edited by SuperLink

Yes there is, well on the trailer at least. When the logo appears, Sonic Team's logo is on the bottom right, next to SEGA

D'oh! My bad. Well, it definitly isn't prominent.

also:

sonic_colors-6.jpg

4640254520_7ac44c6901.jpg

These are the best asthetics I've seen from a 3D Sonic game.

More of this please.

EDIT: Beat.

Edited by SykoTech

I wonder if this game is going to run on the same engine as Unleashed Wii. We've got a boost gauge and 3D and 2D sections...

The controls on that were terrible, I hope this isn't the case, and if it is, they'd better make it play more like the PS360 version of that game,

The WiiS2 version stank to high heavens.

Edited by Indigo Dude
  • Thumbs Up 2

Good to see Sonic and Tails side by side again. Hopefully this means the return of 2 player co-op.

soniccoloursrender.jpg

Hope we get a full render with the hand not cut up soon, that is an awesome render.

soniccoloursrender.jpg

Hope we get a full render with the hand not cut up soon, that is an awesome render.

That hand had better be wagging that index finger at me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good to see Sonic and Tails side by side again. Hopefully this means the return of 2 player co-op.

IIRC, Mike Hayes mention something about a "teamwork" Sonic game coming up. So...

EDIT: Wait, he said multi-play. Hope it isn't what Heroes did.

Edited by SykoTech

Hmmmm... THe rating actually tells us a lot.

Sonic Unleashed: PEGI 7

Sonic & The Secret Rings: PEGI 7

Sonic & The Black Knight: PEGI 12

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games: PEGI 3

Sonic Colors: PEGI 3

PEGI 3 description: Titles rated 3+ have been assessed to be suitable for most gamers, including all of those above the age of 3. May contain some violence in a comical context (ie. very mild cartoon slapstick), but otherwise should be age-appropriate for young children.

PEGI 7 description: Titles rated 7+ have been assessed to be suitable for gamers above the age of 7. May contain occasional violence to non-realistic fantasy characters, pictures or sounds likely to be scary or frightening to young children, and nudity in a non-sexual context.

So with this in mind, could we assume no spikes, drowning or swordplay? I'd assume there will be no attacking enemies, Eggman, aliens, badniks or otherwise. Unless they are on the offense, only to impeed your speed, and cannot be attacked back.

^Wat? No attacking enemies? Don't see that happening. Though the American rating is still pending so we will see.

Edited by Torcano

Dr. Eggman - It did say it was the provisional rating on the trailer.

And now its time for... Questions & Answers, Answers and Questions with some Q&AAUK! - And its not even Radio Redux.

• Q: Good golly gosh Batman - where's this come from all of a sudden? A: You don't know everything we're up to boys and girls, even if you think you do. ;)
  • Q: Why is the announcement trailer so short? A: The teaser trailer is a teaser trailer - more soon. ;)
  • Q: How will Colours/Colors be spelt? A: In the UK and Europe (well most of Europe) it will be Sonic Colours and in the US it will be Sonic Colors. One of the Euro territories I know has gone with Colors. Possibly Spain I think.
  • Q: Is it a storybook series game. A: No its not part of the "Storybook Series".
  • Q: Will there be a full render of Sonic released? A: Not yet, but there will be along with the Wisps.
  • Q: Is he wagging/raising his missing finger? A: 19 years experience suggests he probably is.
  • Q: Who is working on Colours... you know Community wise. A: Me at SOE and Kellie over at SOA. I believe I'm leading so no doubt Stadium and Retro will be getting some exclusives down the line.

Can't really answer any more than that at the moment - more soon!

I'd assume the attacks would only slow you down and are of a comical fashion? I've never played the Olympic Games games, are there any enemies in those or how does one get hurt?

Hmmmm... THe rating actually tells us a lot.

Sonic Unleashed: PEGI 7

Sonic & The Secret Rings: PEGI 7

Sonic & The Black Knight: PEGI 12

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games: PEGI 3

Sonic Colors: PEGI 3

PEGI 3 description: Titles rated 3+ have been assessed to be suitable for most gamers, including all of those above the age of 3. May contain some violence in a comical context (ie. very mild cartoon slapstick), but otherwise should be age-appropriate for young children.

PEGI 7 description: Titles rated 7+ have been assessed to be suitable for gamers above the age of 7. May contain occasional violence to non-realistic fantasy characters, pictures or sounds likely to be scary or frightening to young children, and nudity in a non-sexual context.

So with this in mind, could we assume no spikes, drowning or swordplay? I'd assume there will be no attacking enemies, Eggman, aliens, badniks or otherwise. Unless they are on the offense, only to impeed your speed, and cannot be attacked back.

Sonic 4 is PEGI 3 and that contains badniks and the like.

Edit: Considering you're answering questions AAUK, is the boost related to those used in Unleashed and Rush?

Also, someone mentioned here a while ago that if SEGA were working on a new game it would have been leaked already. I guess SEGA are better at keeping secrets than we all thought :)

Edited by Stasis Colours

Four pages and no Sonic cycle mention? Your slacking SSMB, your slacking. j/k

As usual I'm very curious, but I refuse to hype it.

Edit: Maybe it's a new storybook game and this time he went into a coloring book. :lol:

Edited by speedfreak

He can't be wagging his finger in the cut off hand - you can see the finger tucked in behind the thumb.

I'm glad ArchangelUK has given us some input as well - any more perhaps??? :rolleyes:

If AAUK is answering stuff, is this a mainseries Sonic game, or is a spin off? (Like the Storybook series is, even though it's not part of that series as you said)

Edited by SuperLink

It's nice to know that we have a new game to get the hype meter going again. Since Sonic 4 was fully leaked, Sonic news has been very dry. Lets get this game in playable form for Summer of Sonic :D