Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

Better view of the art on SOA's product page -

soasoniccoloursbackgrou.jpg

fullsoniccoloursrender.jpg

Hmm you know... that environment reminds me a lot of a lush forest you'd expect to see in a Phantasy Star game. I wonder if that planet we can see is actually Earth.

I raged a bit upon the sight of Sonic “Colours” but then SOA gave me Sonic Colors and I was cool with it.

This looks interesting to say the least. A departure from the gameplay of the storybook series will do us some good, and the inclusion of Tails in the intro can only mean happy times. Sci-fi environments also sound like they could be a blast and on top of that its coming out at the end of the year, which assists as a safeguard to keep Sonic 4 from sliding back too far. (cant be having the franchise compete with itself).

This is probably the best Sonic news in the whole year (well, I know were not even in the middle but your understand the idea). After all of thoses insane Sonic 4 leaks, it's a real fresh breathe to have this kind of revelation that nobody seen coming. And it's a good news for Wii and DS owner, they will get another exclusivity than the "Rush" and Storybooks serie.

For what we can read and seen, it looks like inspirated by Sonic 3D with the Flickiens even if their not aliens. I wonder if we will have to collect them to take them into safety. Could be interesting after all thoses years of saving the world from destruction without taking care of some little birds and others. I just don't want to heard that Eggman teams up with and evil alien race in order to destroy the... Wisps... right ? I truly don't want to fight a giant alien creature in the final act but a good old giant Egg-Something while being Super Sonic or something related 'cause we may have to deal with a new Super Form with this strange Colors power.

Well, happily surprised by this annoucement. No doubt many will forget Sonic 4 news to wait for Colours ones.

Edited by Fox Gungrave

Wow, I have a small internet problem at a friend's house, and then when I get back to school, BAM new Sonic game announced and people are already talking about it. Man I hate when I get behind on new Sonic information.

To be honest I was a bit scared when I saw the name as well as the trailer. However after reading more information as well as watching the trailer some more, I'm really excited for this. I just hope for more info at E3!

The Wisp energy enables Sonic to create new paths through the stages by drilling through the ground (Yellow Drill) for example, or speeding through the stage as a laser (Cyan Laser). Stringing the Wisp power-ups together creates a combo that increases Sonic’s boost gauge even more quickly.

Interesting idea, but almost certainly doomed to failure if Sonic's track record of this sort of thing is anything to go by.

And it is.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

AAUK'S RANDOM FACTOID! This will be the first Sonic game to have (essentially) a different name in America and Europe since Sonic Drift 2.

Sorry just been off my call with the SOA team, Kellie says hello to you all. Why is no one quoting my marvelous Dr. Eggman blog? I feel so unloved!

Will Ristar be cameoing AAUK? He'd fit the outer space theme well. Just kidding about :P

You lot will only complain he's not playable so I doubt it. :P

Anywho, if AAUK is taking questions (have we found our new S0L?)

....*sniff*...so unloved.

Also another question for AAUK, is the name Sonic Colors final?

Yes indeed Sonic Colours/Colors is final.

Shame on you Eggman, everybody knows S0L was the new AAUK . <_<

*pats AAUK in the back*

Yeah I was here first. I was here before there was anyone to BE here. *fist pump*

GlyphAAUK Canyon > S0Leanna.

just a quickie AAUK,

But will the Canadian release be called Colours or Colors?

Optional questions as I'm not sure if it's been answered or you're willing to. XD

But is it fair to expect Unleashed Day-style gameplay on the Wii? And will the game actually feature collectable rings like normal? I disliked replacing rings with Chao Faries in BK, just way too untraditional you know?

Thanks. :P

Edited by Hero of Legend

I love the Dr.Eggman blog, went very will the theme park poster. Sonic Team/SEGA should have you write the English script for Dr.Eggman in all Sonic games ;)

Hell yeah! A new Sonic game! And an AWESOME CG teaser! Love it! Can't wait to learn more 'bout the game!

Is it just me or these creatures look like some pokemons^_^?

pokesafari023_yuxie_mesprit_azelf.PNG

Edited by ArtFenix

Well I went to bed with a bad headache, woke up and theres a new Sonic game coming out, boxart, press release and new characters... Am I still dreaming?

I have a question for AAUK. Will there be a 1970's trousers mode?

The boxart, you would have thought that there would be a bit more colour on it?

But will the anadian release be called Colours or Colors?

A VERY good question, in fact myself and Kellie were litterally just talking about it, truth is we don't know... when we do we'll let you know.

I have a question for AAUK. Will there be a 1970's trousers mode?

The boxart, you would have thought that there would be a bit more colour on it?

Its holding boxart, I'd not take too much notice in that and there was going to be a 1970's trousers mode in it but they asked me whether or not you guys would be cool with it and I said no so it was scrapped.

Now I need to get a move on home.

There's a Sonic Colours background on Sonic Wrecks if you want to nab it - as previous ones you guys have had an interest in them. You can also download six SOE versions of the trailer from Sonic Wrecks as well right now in HD... American version WILL also be going up soon.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really really want to know who's making this game. Surely it couldn't be Dimps? Perhaps the team that made the storybook games or the team that made SU HD?

Thanks for answering about the Canadian release AAUK! It's not a BIG deal, but it would be kinda special if it was! :)

I know the boxes were posted, but here are the larger ones:

SC_WII_PACK_FRONT_lrg.jpgSC_DS_PACK_FRONT_lrg.jpg

There's a Sonic Colours background on Sonic Wrecks if you want to nab it - as previous ones you guys have had an interest in them. You can also download six SOE versions of the trailer from Sonic Wrecks as well right now in HD... American version WILL also be going up soon.

I can't see it anywhere. D=

Also, awesome game looks awesome. I sincerely hope that Tails plays the role of Tails in this game, and not some boring mechanic (see Rush Adventure and most other recent games).

Wow I take a break from the PC for a few days and BAM new 3D Sonic game is coming out later on this year =D looking forward to seeing more screenies and trailers soon I got a good feeling this may be a decent game (hopefully better than Wii/PS2 unleashed damn XD) and WOOOO TAILLSZZZZ me loves to see tails playable in this game since we not really had a good playable Tails in years so really hoping my second fav character is playable :)

Edit

Also thanks SonikkuFusionUK for telling me about this over Xbox live msn I was while playing Halo 3 ODST, dude you so put me of that game since you told me about this XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Edited by ςгครђ

Hmmm, switches between 3D and 2D on Wii, eh? If this is anything like the day levels of Unleashed, then I might even pre-order this. And as far as DS goes, Sonic actually has a pretty good track record.

Surprise surprise, I'm already hearing people saying this sounds too gimmicky. However, this doesn't sound like the type of gimmick that will get in the way of the gameplay, like a certain werehog and sword. That and this plot sounds like the type of thing I'd expect from one of the 90's games. This certainly sounds promising, but I want to be sure the next trailer doesn't have any unwelcome elements before I really start getting giddy about things. (I haven't forgotten what happened during the initial hype for Unleashed)

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, awesome game looks awesome. I sincerely hope that Tails plays the role of Tails in this game, and not some boring mechanic (see Rush Adventure and most other recent games).
I hope he pulls double duty as both a sidekick and a mechanic as those are both part of his character.

I hope he pulls double duty as both a sidekick and a mechanic as those are both part of his character.

Nyeh, I covered that. Awesome sidekick + Mechanic + Helicopter tails = TAILS!

I hope that music is the main theme. You know, non-vocal and totally trippy? Epic. Also, can't find that wallpaper yet AAUK.

Being a semi-blatant ripoff of Mario Galaxy, I have more hope for this Sonic game than any other announced in recent history. Maybe some of the quality will rub off—It already looks like it has just by the more imaginative environment we've gotten a glimpse of.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Lumas Wisps, but I guess they're kind of cute. This might actually be good.

First! (in this forum)

I'm starting to wonder if we'll see any other characters show up? Sonic 4 has taken the "Sonic and Sonic only" route, so why not go all out with this game? I'm not talking about playable characters, but maybe a good number of NPCs? 3D Blast creativly used Knuckles and Tails without actually having them as playable characters.

Fang please?

Edited by Doctor Eggman

What's wrong with a simple independent adventure?