Awoo.

Sonic Colours: New Wii/DS game

Remy

OMG OMG NEW SAWNICK GAME EXCITED EXCITED

Why, I love the look of the trailer. It's so bright and colourful and full of prettyful rainbows and happiness. And Sonic. It makes me want to hug a basket full of kittens.

Also, new aliens are ultra kawaii desu, ne? ^_^

So, Sonic Team's juggling around 4 new Sonic games at once now? Not surprised. That's what they usually end up doing anyways.

And if this entire game goes without a Black Arms reference in it anywhere I will be disappoint.

It'd be cool for the sake of a continuity nod, but I feel that the less we see of Black Doom and his ugly troops, the happier this fanbase will be.

Uuuuh...don't know what to say about this.

Sonic in a Wii/DS game running around with a bunch of cute pastel-y aliens in a game about colors makes me wonder if this one might be aimed at the really young kids.

But a "Sonic the Hedgehog Galaxy" sort of game has a lot of potential, as do the powerups, and I like how Tails is flying along with Sonic...

And now I can't help but picture Black Doom trying to take over the galaxy by siphoning all of the colour out with a giant space vacuum cleaner. Sonic Team, MAKE THIS GAME.

From four seconds of CGI and the premise, I've decided that it looks promising. Sonic and Tails kickin' it old-school is a good sign too. Looks a bit Galaxy-ish, but I guess if you're going to rip someone off, it might as well be the best. I don't mind it being aimed at little 'uns, if that's what it is - as long as it's fun, I don't particularly care.

...hooray for it being a Wii game, too~!

Edited by Octarine

Hmm... Interesting. Not much to go by yet, but I anticipate gameplay footage at E3.

Not sure what else to think of it. I definitely do NOT think its a mini-game fest. Sounds more like an actual 3D Sonic game for Wii. I suspect we'll also hear about a new 20th Aniversary Sonic game soon for next year for 360/PS3... MAYBE Wii as well.

Definitely a surprise "out-of-the-blue" announcement. Here's hoping this means that we get classic "Sonic and Tails" action again and can choose between the two.

It's amazing how any level of discerning attitude or immediate confusion about the revelation of something can be completely offset when you see something cute. Those aliens are amazingly adorable.

Nevertheless, it's hard to say any more than I'm highly intrigued; Again, sounds like Galaxy combined with Unleashed. A creative endeavor, and the teaser is visually pleasing, but I await more information than that badly-worded press release is offering.

There sure have been a lot of announcements right before E3 this year. LBP 2, Insomniac multiplat, Killzone 3, etc. Is that the new thing?

Well, I'll need to see more before making a judgment call. Could be a tiny tot game have I interest in, but it could also be more along the line of Galaxy whiich would be great. I see the press release says "Classic Sonic gameplay" but that could mean anything these days...

badly-worded press release

remy did say it was google-translated though...

But nonetheless, more excitement and anticipation. But I still see no news of it on any English SEGA site.

Doesnt seem like its aimed for us. Thats cool, the wii is partly a kids/family game console anyways.

Ill keep an eye on it but i'm not expecting BESTESTSAWNIKGAMEEVAR!1!one!

Doesnt seem like its aimed for us. Thats cool, the wii is partly a kids/family game console anyways.

'us' meaning you - a lot of people seem excited by it

News'd, thanks Remy :D

This came out of nowhere, only popped out for some shopping XD

Not sure I like the whole alien world thing but the game's concept sounds intrigueing and the teaser video looked pretty cool. Surprised again to see another publisher making new game reveals before E3.

EDIT:

SOA BLOG ENTRY

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/05/26/introducing-sonic-colors/#more-5124

New art -

4640469436_708c23f35c.jpg

Website -

http://www.sega.com/games/sonic-colours/

From sega.co.uk

"The diabolical Dr. Eggman has hatched another plan for world domination!

He has built an amazing interstellar amusement park, floating in space around Sonic’s home planet, bursting with incredible rides and attractions.

However, all is not as it seems as Dr. Eggman has abducted an alien race and is harnessing their colourful energy to fuel a sinister plot. Before Dr. Eggman completes his evil plans though, Sonic discovers his mysterious theme park in space.

When he arrives, Sonic finds he is also able to use these alien powers and is ready to help. Sonic will need all his speed and skill as he faces this test, but, empowered by the alien energy, it’s a test he’ll pass with flying colours.

FEATURES:

• Non-stop high-speed action

• Collect and engage the new power-ups derived from the coloured energy of the Wisps!

• Unique Colour Power for the Wii™ and Nintendo DS™

• Perfect blend of 3D and classic 2D perspectives on the Wii and solid 2D dual-screen gameplay on Nintendo DS!"

Edit: This game looks BEAUTIFUL. No angst, swords and the like, just Sonic in a world full of colour :) Also, the Wisps represent the colours of the rainbow. 7 colours = 7 emeralds = Super Rainbow Sonic?

Edited by Sparkster

A group of multi-colored creatures are being caged up on their home turf by Doctor Eggman and Sonic needs to free them.

A-hem...

sonic3d.jpg

And an orbiting little planet?

*coughsoniccdcough*

250px-SonicCD-LittlePlanet.jpg

Levels take place in an amusement park.

knuckles_chaotix_coverart.png

I'm not hating, I swear! In fact I'm very very happy to see borrowed elements from some old classics! :)

Just pointing that out, also it's funny that all three games mentioned above are considered main series spin-offs from non-Genesis yet still classic Sega consoles.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

SOA BLOG ENTRY
Stringing the Wisp power-ups together creates a combo that increases Sonic’s boost gauge even more quickly.

I'll go get my earplugs...

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic Colors sees Sonic accelerating to adrenaline-pumping super speeds and blasting through obstacles in ways never before seen in a Sonic game. The alien Wisps featured in the game each have a unique “Color Power” that, once freed, Sonic is able to absorb while speeding through the various theme park inspired planets. The Wisp energy enables Sonic to create new paths through the stages by drilling through the ground (Yellow Drill) for example, or speeding through the stage as a laser (Cyan Laser). Stringing the Wisp power-ups together creates a combo that increases Sonic’s boost gauge even more quickly. Exclusive Wisp power-ups will be available for both Wii and the Nintendo DS versions, ensuring a unique and super speedy gameplay experience for Sonic fans everywhere.

Stringing the Wisp power-ups together creates a combo that increases Sonic’s boost gauge even more quickly.

increases Sonic’s boost gauge even more quickly.

boost gauge

21zte1.jpg

pleasedontscrewitup pleasedontscrewitup pleasedontscrewitup pleasedontscrewitup

EDIT: Ninja'd D:

Edited by Indigo Dude
  • Thumbs Up 2

Eggman sure loves his theme parks. He finally made Eggmanland in Unleashed, and it ended up being a theme park. And now there's this.

He must have never went to one as a child. :(

Are all the levels going to be based on an amusement park though? Not sure if want...

EDIT: lol, boost gauge. Gonna go see if NeoGAF has seen that yet. Should be epic.

Edited by SykoTech

Can't really judge the game til I see some gameplay but damn, this looks nice!

Sonic Colors - Announcement Screen 2 Hello new desktop wallpaper B)

I've already heard the phrase "don't screw this up, Sega!"

let's not start that again.

I like that Sonic render though.

main_290_1_1274714616.jpg

*ahem*

HELLO NEW DESKTOP WALLPAPER.

That is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

"Stringing the Wisp power-ups together creates a combo that increases Sonic’s boost gauge even more quickly"

Okay this is important. The game has a boost gauge and I'd assume it's close to Unleashed/Rush's boost system.

Bwahaha! I was totally beaten. Looks like people here have their boost gauges filled already =D.

Edited by II Sora II

Now I'm not one to really judge a game before I've seen any gameplay footage, but a BOOST GAUGE!? This really makes me want to cry.

• Thumbs Up 1