Awoo.

Adventure Time!

AdventChild

• 2 weeks later...

Does the kid actually have no face or does he/she have a comedic, Cousin Itt-esque fringe?! Also, I wonder how Jake being a dad will change their wacky antics?

Anyways, I've been missing my Ice King Adventure Time fix...

Edited by MamboCat

Click here for Jake's kids.

MY FAVORITE IS THE ONE WITH NO FACE

About the one that supposedly doesn't have a face, do you remember when Ricardio tied Lady into a knot? Um, yeah.

About the one that supposedly doesn't have a face, do you remember when Ricardio tied Lady into a knot? Um, yeah.

God damn you you people and your need to have fridge horror! Why must you guys make everything so tragically horrifying?! D:

Well, I'm scarred. Suddenly the faceless baby makes me sad, thanks a lot. :( 

Just watched the new episode.

What the fffffffffffffffffff-WHAT?!  Seriously, this episode was such a mess from beginning to end and now Jake becoming a father means absolutely nothing.  And there were so many WTF moments in the episode I don't know where to begin.  I mean, SIDS and eating babies?  Really?  I know this show likes to push some boundaries a little (and l love it for that), but come on.

There were some cute moments, but definitely not one of my favorite episodes.  Oh well, at least Monica Rial played one of the puppies.  She's awesome.

Just watched the new episode.

What the fffffffffffffffffff-WHAT?!  Seriously, this episode was such a mess from beginning to end and now Jake becoming a father means absolutely nothing.  And there were so many WTF moments in the episode I don't know where to begin.  I mean, SIDS and eating babies?  Really?  I know this show likes to push some boundaries a little (and l love it for that), but come on.

There were some cute moments, but definitely not one of my favorite episodes.  Oh well, at least Monica Rial played one of the puppies.  She's awesome.

I haven't seen this episode yet, but this is actually making me a little nervous. "SIDS?" Is that a parody of what I think it is? And Will we not be seeing the babies anytime soon? I know introducing babies into the show as regular characters would probably slow things down, but eating them? Really?

I'll catch the second showing later tonight, to see it for myself, I was actually looking forward towards this episode. Who knows, maybe I'll enjoy it, maybe I'll find it underwhelming, you never know.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

Not gonna read the reviews here since I'm sure they are major bummers screaming "COP OUT" and such, but I will say I did like that:

1. Jake grows as a character, inspired by his own parents.

And

2. The status quo is still kept while leaving the door open to new things.

Edited by Sir Dwayne

I haven't seen this episode yet, but this is actually making me a little nervous. "SIDS?" Is that a parody of what I think it is? And Will we not be seeing the babies anytime soon? I know introducing babies into the show as regular characters would probably slow things down, but eating them? Really?

I'll catch the second showing later tonight, to see it for myself, I was actually looking forward towards this episode. Who knows, maybe I'll enjoy it, maybe I'll find it underwhelming, you never know.

SIDS actually isn’t a parody. It’s a term people use describe babies that die for no identifiable reason. “Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.”

That said, it sounds like this episode gets incredibly dark. 8/

SIDS actually isn’t a parody. It’s a term people use describe babies that die for no identifiable reason. “Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.”

That said, it sounds like this episode gets incredibly dark. 8/

Ah, my mistake then, I wasn't aware of that term.

Still, that's really screwed up. O_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KvWkP_HGBA

I really liked this one esp. the cute pups. I liked how Jake was imitating his parents and Margaret's parental holo-guide, Finn being Best Unkle, BMO, Jake walking the pups, the baby-eating foxes and the babies going Voltron on them, and Jake Jr. having Mable's voice from GF. There is good character development for Jake and there is still the possibility of his children showing up again while adhering to the status quo, leaving for more possibilities down the line.

Edited by AdventChild

I liked it, it was super cute... but

it seems a shame that Jake and Lady's pups were effectively written out in the same episode. Seems a bit awww nooo after all that build up. Then again "they don't need me, I'm gonna hang out with mah bros!" does seem rather Jakeish! Ah well, they still might come back.

Interesting development here, Tara Strong voicing Plum in the new episode of Bravest Warrior and they're asking us vote between Beth and Plum.

Fun Fact: Tara voiced Beth from the original Nickelodeon Bravest Warriors

Edited by AdventChild
  • Thumbs Up 1

I didn't care for the stupid "ZOMG RAINICORN IS PREGNANT" plot twist. I could care less if the kids never return.

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Zombie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KvWkP_HGBA

I really liked this one esp. the cute pups. I liked how Jake was imitating his parents and Margaret's parental holo-guide, Finn being Best Unkle, BMO, Jake walking the pups, the baby-eating foxes and the babies going Voltron on them, and Jake Jr. having Mable's voice from GF. There is good character development for Jake and there is still the possibility of his children showing up again while adhering to the status quo, leaving for more possibilities down the line.

I see I'm not the only one who recognized Mabel's VA.

Speaking of which, I wonder when GF will return...

Oh and that scene in the end with BMO and Finn...real subtle lol

Edited by Gabe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBe-GHYQvrs

Really good and funny stuff in this episode!:

Finn slicing up the dragon by the butt while Jake plays video games, "Don't let the dragon drag on!", the Ice Cream Man wanting to date Finn, BMO just BMO esp. "GIve me your bank account!" and "Like the Devil!" lines, Banana Guards' and their siren, the facial expressions almost throughout the ep. with Finn/Davey, Davey's stroll through the Candy Kingdom and working as a broom sweep that sweep up brooms, the log cabin building, the Jake "robbing" scene, and Finn's talk with Davey afterward and Jake face-farting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXDooJlOL8Y

A great episode for showcasing some of the side characters and everyone of them were fantastic! Though Lemongrab became one of the most creepiest here with the eating pie out of the presumably dead rat's mouth scene and how he unhinges his jaw in preparation in eating the Ice King. A ton of great dialogue moments such as "Slave-Trunks", "The grand prize of me loins!", "Stop selling fib bibs and sell it straight!" or pretty much Tree Trunks entire speech to the Ice King, "I would have freaking brought something!", "You serve no function. You must be destroyed." etc. esp. from Lemongrab and Shelby. Not to mention a lot of good moments throughout as Tree Trunks being bait and getting out of the water monster.

Also, the whole fact that this was the Ice King's doing so he could make his Rule 63 fanfiction come to life, which serves as a friendly jab at the fanbase, just made it the more hilarious yet feels a bit bad for the Ice King after his quest was a falure. At least, NEPTR was there to comfort him.

Edited by AdventChild

New Bravest Warriors!

A nice take on time traveling stories and pretty hilarious dialogue.

Favorite line: Heh heh. You're gonna PUNT children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Niwzdv-hME8

Whoa, the lemon creatures in this were creepy, probably more so than the creatures from Beyond This Earthly Realm along with the two Lemongrabs creating them all while starving themselves to death.

Also, I like the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus feel during the Lemon John walking to the Candy Kingdom scene.