Awoo.

Adventure Time!

AdventChild

In case you've missed it, here's the Adventure Time balloon at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOU3_QCwuzg

CN also celebrated this with an Adventure Time marathon yesterday as well. 

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/adventure-time-season-5-episode-43-root-beer-guy

http://www.avclub.com/review/root-beer-guy-106131?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds

A really good episode that's similar to Princess Cookie that goes in-depth with a candy kingdom citizen and create a substantial and interesting character. Also, topping it with a mystery thriller plot with the heroes as 'villains'.

Highlights: Root Beer Guy being a detective, his telemarketer job and his boss along with the coworkers, the incompetent Banana Guards, Cherry Soda:“Look at me, Root Beer Guy! I’m a cherry cream soda and I have the same needs as any other cherry cream soda. Or even diet cream soda!”, Jake fooling the Banana Guards with the flesh princess, RBG:"Bingo! Bango!", Cherry Soda in a maid outfit, Finn's 'evil' shades, the dialogue between RBG and Mr. Pudding/Buck and RBG stealing the pickup truck, RBG: “Ehh…and I took a boat out after 8 o’clock.”, and the real purpose of the whole fake kidnapping and how it shows the incompetence of the Banana Guards.

I liked the latest episode simply to show Princess Bubblegum how......... stupid her Banana Guards are, at least they have a smart, competent Chief now.

Adventure Time... oh man... what to say? Well, I used to be very interested in this show. When I first saw it, I was interested in the creatures and the land of Ooo. Finn and Jake were cool characters, and the adventures they went on were nice to watch. When Princess Bubblegum became a teenager, I got hooked. I was expecting the show to go in a different direction, but having more character development, and having Princess Bubblegum go on more adventures. All of that potential was shattered into broken fragments as soon as the next episode came. When Princess Bubblegum became an adult again, I felt like the show was going back to Square 1. It did, and oh man, it was worse this time. I was very angry about the reverse Bubblegum change, and was thinking about how the show would have went if the show stuck with that change. Then... Flame Princess. At that point, I stopped watching. I figured that a love triangle was going to happen, and I don't feel that Finn deserves the shitty relationships. I've heard that the show became a teen drama, and I also feel that the sense of adventure has widdled away. Adventure Time, you were fun, but you have lost my interest.

• Thumbs Up 2

Adventure Time... oh man... what to say? Well, I used to be very interested in this show. When I first saw it, I was interested in the creatures and the land of Ooo. Finn and Jake were cool characters, and the adventures they went on were nice to watch. When Princess Bubblegum became a teenager, I got hooked. I was expecting the show to go in a different direction, but having more character development, and having Princess Bubblegum go on more adventures. All of that potential was shattered into broken fragments as soon as the next episode came. When Princess Bubblegum became an adult again, I felt like the show was going back to Square 1. It did, and oh man, it was worse this time. I was very angry about the reverse Bubblegum change, and was thinking about how the show would have went if the show stuck with that change. Then... Flame Princess. At that point, I stopped watching. I figured that a love triangle was going to happen, and I don't feel that Finn deserves the shitty relationships. I've heard that the show became a teen drama, and I also feel that the sense of adventure has widdled away. Adventure Time, you were fun, but you have lost my interest.

This pretty much sums up my some of my thoughts on the show. I really thought the show jumped the shark when it decided to take itself seriously. I can't really say they're running out of Ideas, since the dark turn was planned from the beginning if the Lich King's entry in the series pitch bible is anything to go by.

Though regardless of whether or not it was planned, For me, it's hard to take show seriously, As it feels like the writers can't decide if it wants to be dramatic or funny.

Not to mention, trying to these stories in the 11 minute length episode just bugs me. Most of the endings in the more recent episodes I've seen feel very abrupt, which is something that bothers me when it comes to TV shows.  Granted, it's probably not the developers fault it's like this, but still...

Though regardless of whether or not it was planned, For me, it's hard to take show seriously, As it feels like the writers can't decide if it wants to be dramatic or funny.

Why can't it be both?

• Thumbs Up 1

Why can't it be both?

I never said it couldn't, I'm just saying that it doesn't feel like they blend well together with this show.... At least in my opinion.

I never said it couldn't, I'm just saying that it doesn't feel like they blend well together with this show.... At least in my opinion.

I think it works as it already does...but maybe it would mesh a bit better if they maybe tone down the seriousness or just keep it to a minimum in how much they pack it on? I really don't know what the actual problem with how it is currently...but that's really just from my perspective.

I actually think my least favorite thing about the show (aside from season 3) is the ending theme. Way too 60's for me.

Okay so

Absolutely massive spoilers for the rest of the series has been posted on Cartoon Network's XML servers. All of which I have inclosed in the following spoiler tag. BE FOREWARNED, you read this and you could just stop watching the show all together. It's that massive.

Food Chain: On a field trip to the Candy Kingdom Museum of Natural History, Finn and Jake learn about the Food chain by becoming the food chain! Wake Up: In order to find Finn's father, Finn and Jame must commit a cosmic crime...unless the Lich beats them to it.

Escape from the Citadel: Finn and Jake follow the Lich of the Citadel, where Finn meets his long lost dad. But just how far does the apple fall from the tree? James II: Finn and Jake discover that Clone James has been faking his own death to collect medals. But there are 25 Jameses funning amok!

The Tower: Finn doesn't like any of the new arms the princesses give him, so he builds a tower into space to find his dad and get his old arm back. Sad Face: Once a month, while Jake's asleep, his tail stretches out of the treehouse to go work as a clown in a traveling bug circus.

Princess Day: It's Princess Day in Ooo! You know what that means? Yep, LSP and Marceline team up to prank Breakfast Princess! Breezy: With a friendly bee named "Breezy" as his wingman, Finn decides to get back into the dating game.

Proof - Swap the 35 on the end of the link to another two digit number to change between synopsises.

These spoilers are VERY interesting, and I wouldn't reccomend looking into them if you like surprises, but hardly "stop watching the show" material. Not that I needed another excuse to stop watching Adventure Time.

These spoilers are VERY interesting, and I wouldn't reccomend looking into them if you like surprises, but hardly "stop watching the show" material. Not that I needed another excuse to stop watching Adventure Time.

Yeah, after thinking about it, it was a bit stupid on my part to put that.

• 1 month later...

Adventure Time spotted in Honda Civic commercial! It's around the 21 second mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lM-LHYOgZ0

Also, anyone excited for the Apple Wedding that's happening tomorrow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO7yNQZOVHE

Yeesh, LSP is seriously begging for attention and going to the extremes as crashing a wedding.

http://www.watchonlinecartoons.net/adventure-time/watch-adventure-time-episode-44-season-5-apple-wedding

http://www.avclub.com/review/apple-wedding-106913

Also, head onto the King of Ooo's tumblr to see some "Behind the Scenes" features such as backgrounds, storyboards and even a small comic that serves as a prelude to the episode: http://kingofooo.tumblr.com/

What felt like a month almost felt like forever before we had anything new with Adventure Time, but now we're back in rightful form with the latest episode focusing on the wedding of our favorite green pygmy apple pie making elephant and a pig named Mr. Pig. It was a pretty good episode with some new characters such as the King of Ooo and Tree Trunks' exes. Also, getting to see more of Jake's adult children was neat, but sadly we don't get to hear them talk. Oh, Bubblegum, your tyrannical side is showing!

Highlights: Tree Trunks: “Wow, you look prettier than a sippy cup in a snowbank.”, Tree Trunks' mother (who's an awesomely funny cougar): “Oh, but he is a saucy fine bolog-nah factory. Mmm-hmm. I’ll tell you what. I’d like to open up that hood, see how the bolog-nah gets made.”, TT's mom repetively saying "Bolog-nah Factory", Wyatt hitting on BMO, BMO: "I love love!", Jake 'playing' the violin, LSP: "Every party is my party!", Finn struggling with LSP, PB crashing the blimp especially when it hits LSP, Cinnamon Bun's apple cider that rises with the tension happening, the prison wedding ceremony with TT's mother making out with Wyatt, Banana Guards letting everyone go including the dangerous convicts,  and Mr. Pig: “Don’t you think there might be cameras down here?” Tree Trunks: “I hope so.” along with PB's hilarious reaction at the end.

Also, next week: Finn finally gets a new sword! Made out of grass! Still gonna miss Joshua's Demon Blood Sword though, but oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8I-_I0ZInw

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/adventure-time-season-5-episode-45-blade-of-grass

http://www.avclub.com/review/blade-of-grass-107121

Even though I still liked Joshua's demon blood sword and glad Finn still kept it, I actually grown to like the new blade of grass sword and Finn seemed to grown attached to it as well, both figuratively and literally. It's pretty much akin to video game logic to upgrade to better weaponry as the game and story progresses. Not to mention the way it sheathes and unsheathes on Finn's arm, turn into a buzz saw/weed-whacker, and how it manages to create Finn faces when slicing into an object like pillow tags and candle wax look very bad@$$.

As a matter of fact, this episode/new sword seems to progress the whole robotic arm subplot that had been hinted at and alluded in past episodes as the right arm that the blade of grass attaches itself to is the same arm that is supposedly lobbed off and replaced with robotics. So we might get to see Finn get amputated sometime soon, maybe during or before season's end <.< . 

Highlights: The fight with the long haired men on playground slides, the reference to armor of Zeldron from Blood Under the Skin episode and Tree Trunks' wedding ring shows great continuity with the series, random pizza attack, Tree Trunks:"That slice is perfect. Demonically perfect!", Jake:"I like it when Tree Trunks gets so serious.", Finn's grass dream, Finn's girly squeals/screams, the grass sword acting like Spiderman's symbiote as it tries to attach itself onto Finn, the fight with the candle stealing hooligans, Hooligan: “Anarchy!” Finn: “School!”, Suzy and Sue's Candles, Choose Goose:“I know that quack with the grassy shack. He’s a wizard from the grassy plains. He lives atop the grassy moun—tayne!”, fight with the grassy objects, Grass Wizard: “That was all my grassy objects.”, Grass Wizard: "That's not how people are suppose react to an eternal curse!" Finn&Jake:"Whatevs!"

This is really great episode. 

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/adventure-time-season-5-episode-46-rattleballs

http://www.avclub.com/review/rattleballs-107303

Really good episode that introduces an interesting and bad@$$ character as Rattleballs who definitely know the "sword stuff". I also, like how his design like an upside down Benson from Regular show where the glass container is below the belt. Also, we get to see another piece of Candy Kingdom history, a dark side of it really as it has PB decommissioning/destroying the gumball machine police force that paints her in a negative light. But at least, she spared RB's life in the end, showing that she is veering into a much more positive position. Also, I get this Assassin's Creed type of vibe whenever RB wears the robe. Not to mention with Finn gaining a new sword and a new ally whose

robotic which also hints at the Finn's future mechanical arm. All this is definitely building up to something BIG near season's end. 

HIghltights: Finn's renewed dedication to serving the Candy Kingdom, reason for Jake being absent: “Jake said I was acting bananas about the whole thing and wanted no part of this.”, Finn: "I milked a minx.", Finn playing out a scene in the dump with mannequins, Finn: "*Quietly to himself Whoa, dude's got awesome powers. *Towards Rattleballs Hey dude! You got awesome powers!", Finn tough enough to get his eye gouged out, RB: "“I don’t eat muffins. I am a robot.”, Finn getting RB's gumball loose, training montage with deadly obstacle course, sitting on BBQs and constant egg throwing, RB:"That my friends is a long tale...which I will tell you now!", RB's flashback that has interesting tidbits like rock people stealing rocks and underground wrestling, RB's brethren as minimalist furniture, return of Capt. Root Beer Guy, cool fight between RB and the Banana Guards, RB: "I have found peace in meditation, gardening, egg throwing.”, that one banana guard with hair, and RB: “Thank you, princess. That’s marginally better than hiding in a dump.”

Oh boy, the next couple of episodes are going to be intense so a bit of a spoiler warning because of synopsis:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/series-episodes/adventure-time.1/?ipp=40

310. Red Throne

Flame King escapes prison and seizes control of the Flame Kingdom; Flame Princess turns to Finn for help.

311. Betty

Ice King is turned back into Simon, and seeks help from Finn, Jake and Marceline in bringing back Betty.

Looks like Finn has a chance to rebound and get back together with FP, but will it happen after defeating her dad? Maybe, maybe not. 

Dat Betty episode. The return of Simon Petrikov and more of pre-Mushroom War Ooo and Betty backstory. Definitely an episode you don't want to miss! Also, be prepared with tissue boxes on stand-by for this one.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't wait for the upcoming episodes but it feels like they've spread them out so much. Hard to believe they have four more episodes left this season after those two.

I can't believe Season 5 started back in 2012. Why do they spread episodes out so much?  Here in Canada when there is a show with 10 Minute segments they usually show the last 2 segments in chronological order. Don't they do that in the US too? Or do they show one segment in conjunction with another one from a different show?

I feel the same way about the episodes being spread so far out. While it's nice to look forward to a new episode, at the same it's frustrating that this season has a very slow progression.

I can't believe Season 5 started back in 2012. Why do they spread episodes out so much?  Here in Canada when there is a show with 10 Minute segments they usually show the last 2 segments in chronological order. Don't they do that in the US too? Or do they show one segment in conjunction with another one from a different show?

They usually premiere one episode a week and coincide with another show, but they haven't been REALLY spacing out the episodes since December. They much be in production with season 6. I haven't watched it on cable for a while. I've gots the internets.

And I agree with Kevin, this season has gone on for soooo long. It's like the end of an era. I can't even remember episodes before season 5, haha. I do like more epsiodes, because it means more goofs. I'm definitely not into the show for plot, maybe a bit of character development since I love them so much. Butttt I feel like they're pushing out more content without losing the magic either. I don't Pendleton Ward can watch his show die. We'll just have to see how long Cartoon Network can draw him out.

Though, I am pretty stoked how they pull off the coming episode "Betty." They bring Simon back. WAH.