Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

Its just stocked in for free thats all.

Fun fact: PR guys said that DLC packs won't be above $10. The actual Collectors ed is $10 more than the original edition. If you're one of the people who bought MvC3 solely for the sake of getting Jill and Shuma as DLC you did it for the wrong reason.

Shadow Mode Announced

Gamespot has exclusively revealed Marvel Vs. Capcom 3's Shadow Mode in which downloadable content will be made available that will include AI teams that play in the style of various Capcom developers and popular players from the fighting game scene. According to Gamespot:

The first Shadow Mode pack will include teams and AI from three Capcom staff members, including producer Ryota Niitsuma, associate producer Akihito Kadowaki, and a QA tester. Additionally, the first pack is scheduled for release in March with more packs becoming available for download at a later date.

Full details over at Gamespot! What do you think? Are you excite?

Eagerly awaiting to fight a Yipes shadow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sentinel and Hsien-Ko themes are finally up!

Holy crap at Sentinel's theme... :D

So.... if anyone has saw the intro cinematic that was leaked before Capcom took it down... you see that Haggar is with Felicia and he's trying to fix his campaign billboard which says he's running for Mayor... and they are in New York in this video. I think it's safe to assume that Metro city is in New York now :P

Copy/pasting a post from the Shoryuken team building thread. I call the team "Viewtiful God Rockets":

What characters and teams will you use (in order of selection)?

Viewtiful Joe β, Amaterasu α, and Chris Redfield β is what I plan to use as my primary team in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Since all three characters have been confirmed to be in the final roster, I've always liked and wanted to use this team and master it the best that I can.

What assists will your characters use (in order of selection)?

Groovy Uppercut, Cold Star, and Open Fire.

What type of game-play strategy are you pursuing with this team?

Step one: Get in

Step two: Hit-confirm

Step three: Viewtiful God Hand

Step four: SHENANIGANS x n

Step five: Repeat until dead :3

If I were to elaborate more so I would say that the team is primarily centered around rushdown and locking the opponent in a position where my team would have an opportunity to mix-up and deal damage. Viewtiful God Hand is a huge part of this due to the nature of its slow down properties and ability to potentially neutralize assists and set up more combo opportunities.

What advantages does your point (first selected) character have?

Decent maneuverability and projectiles (Voomerang and Shocking Pink), all three of his Hyper Combos are easily combo-able, he has a very obscure overhead that can be combo'd after (with Mach Speed as an example) and good air normals for crossing up. Viewtiful God Hand is incredibly useful with it both being easy to combo into and very efficient at limiting your opponent's options in combat.

On point, a character hit with Viewtiful God Hand will be put into a sluggish state. They move incredibly slow, their attacks take much longer to come out and they are very susceptible to being crossed up and getting hit with overheads because of the extra time taken for the game to 'read' the opponent has corrected their block.

If a character hit with Viewtiful God Hand tags out and is called back as an assist, they will still be under power of the Viewtiful God Hand. Their attacks will come out incredibly slow and are very punishable, making Viewtiful God Hand also quite good at neutralizing assists (if only temporarily).

What disadvantages does your point character have?

Viewtiful Joe suffers from both incredibly short reach and very low stamina. He'll have to work even harder to get in and do damage to the opponent due to his short limbs and the majority of other characters will likely be able to knock Joe out in a single combo without even using an X-Factor Cancel from full health.

What maneuverability options does your point character have?

After a jump, Viewtiful Joe has the option to either do a second one mid-air or go into an air dash. His Red Hot Kick special attack is also a viable option.

How will your assists aid your point character?

Amaterasu and Chris Redfield's assists will help lock down the opponent and make it easier for Viewtiful Joe to get close to the opponent to do damage. They will also help with Viewtiful God Hand-related shenanigans.

What advantages does your secondary character have?

Amaterasu is unbelievably versatile with her three weapons, her 8-way air dash as well as her Solar Flare and Power Slash special moves. She is generally solid in almost any given situation providing she has the right weapon equipped and is used efficiently.

Okami Shuffle hits full screen and can be used to punish mistakes. Vale of Mist slows down the opponent in a similar fashion to Viewitiful Joe's Viewtiful God Hand and the nature of her hitbox allows her to duck under certain Hyper Combos simply by crouching.

What disadvantages does your secondary character have?

Amaterasu has low stamina; much like her team mate Viewtiful Joe.

What maneuverability options does your secondary character have?

A slow, but very useful 8-way air dash that can be canceled into attacks for various shenanigans.

How will your assists aid your secondary character?

Viewtiful Joe and Chris Redfield's assists will accentuate Amaterasu's already well rounded game. Not much else needs to be said.

What advantages does your last character have?

Chris Redfield has long ranged command normals and solid special attacks that can be used for keep away. He can likely duck under certain special moves and Hyper Combos with his Hit the Dirt special move and is easily the most resilient out of the Viewitul Joe, Amaterasu, Chris Redfield team and can take a beating a considerable amount more so than his team mates.

Chris isn't too bad on his own and has comeback potential with X-Factor and the ridiculous amount of chip damage applied to his special moves during it will make him a threat despite his lack of mobility and having neither Viewtiful Joe and Amaterasu there to help him.

What disadvantages does your last character have?

Out of all three members of the team, Chris Redfrield easily has the worst maneuverability. Opponents will likely be able to lock Chris down and take advantage of this without much effort and is easily the weakest link on the team.

What maneuverability options does your last character have?

Chris only has access to a single jump or super jump before landing.

How will your assists aid your last character?

Viewtiful Joe and Amaterasu's assists will accentuate Chris Redfield's keep away tactics.

What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?

Some Delayed Hyper Combos I believe will work and/or work well are Viewtiful God Hand into Vale of Mist, Grenade Launcher into Mach Speed, and Mach Speed into All or Nothing.

What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?

More likely than not it will either lock them down and do a considerable amount of chip damage (on block) or do a considerable amount of damage to them (on hit). I'm not entirely sure and to be entirely honest I don't think I'll even be using Team Hyper Combos very often (if at all).

What are some of the weaknesses of your team?

VERY. LOW. STAMINA. :<

Outside of Chris Redfield, the other two members of the team suffer from this considerably. Chris Redfield on the other hand, while having more stamina will have issues being rushed down due to his limited mobility. Each team member's assists are generally solid, but far from the best in comparison to the majority of the other characters in the roster.

Winning matches will be highly based on momentum carried on throughout the match and whether or not Viewtiful Joe is able to make his way in (and hit Viewtiful God Hand) early on.

After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?

I still am, as a matter of fact. While not the best team in the game I think the combination of Amaterasu's amazing versatility and the advantage coming from hitting Viewtiful Joe's Viewtiful God Hand are enough to make it solid.

Questions and comments/opinions are definitely appreciated.

Edited by Chooch

Shadow Mode Announced

Eagerly awaiting to fight a Yipes shadow.

That reminds me, wasn't there supposed to be "surprise" when the player uses Sentinal, Storm and Mag(fuckin)Neto, according to some leaks from a while back? Right now, the only things that could even qualify are the costumes from that vid for Magneto and Sentinal being included in the game, and Deadpool saying "where YO curleh mustache at".

Some gameplay footage from the Capcom Suite tournament and extras.

http://shoryuken.com/content/mvc3-ces-2011-direct-feed-finals-justin-wong-vs-marn-3502/

The first 3 videos are Marn vs Wong.

*edit*

For some reason I can't embed videos using the youtube link and the "media" option... hmmmmm

Edited by LunarEdge

Anyone care to source this whole "Jill and Shuma aren't downloadable until the DLC is available to those w/o the Collectors Edition."

Cuz I heard that it's suppose to be available to those who reserved the CE the day of and I have yet to see this de-confirmed anywhere else but here.

Edited by LunarEdge

It's right there on the ad and it was known of when we first got confirmation of it.

16_mvc2art03.jpg

No one read the fine print.

Edited by Carbo

Yeah, it's not available until the DLC is available since it won't be on the market until it's on the market. This is kind of like the deal with the Alan Wake DLC The Signal, in new copies of the game there was a free DLC code to get the first DLC chapter for free, but you couldn't register it until the DLC came out several months later. If you used it before, Microsoft emailed you the new code in the email associated with your account when it launched.

So yeah, just to be safe DO NOT use the code until the DLC is out since if you use it before you may have to wait for an email with the new code (possibly).

How could you NOT expect GALACTUS of all characters to be cheap?

EDIT: Not to mention, these kind of trailers are SUPPOSED to show off what the characters can do.

Edited by Chaosmaster8753
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey I noticed something.

On the leaked Galactus fight, after the timer gets on 25 he starts his game-ending Earth KO. When he starts doing it he's invincible, I noticed the same happened on the gameplay video released recently.

I too noticed that when the timer gets on 25 it turns red and stops right there.

So I bet that you need to defeat him before the timer gets to 25 or otherwise Earth KO.

The only thing that will irk me about this game is if it didn't support Custom soundtracks for the Ps3. As good as the music is, I love me some playlist

What happens if you make the game timer infinite, though? No Earth K.O. for Wacky Galacky? But, in all reality, the timer turns red because it's almost run out. It does that in normal matches too. Though the massive instant K.O. attack could still be linked to time limit.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

I edited my post just to point out that the timer goes red because it's almost run out. In the video it was actually at 30 when he wrecked She-Hulk's shit. It COULD be linked to time, but it's more likely that it's linked to low HP.

In the Galactus trailer when Galactus summons that Wesker in the beginning, if you listen carefully you can hear Galactus say "Wesker." That or I'm hearing things lol