Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

The thing I want most is character development. I'd love to be able to travel with Gym Leaders, because very often the Gym Leaders are my favourite characters (I love them, I love the battleground, I love the villa, I love getting their phone numbers, I treasure every bit of dialogue, give me more!!) Maybe they could also be more involved with the plot? Like they're help you out with various sidestories more often, they'd get dragged into the game's major events (manga style)

So yeah, more of the lovely characters and overall more character/plot development would have to be my #1 request.

Which is why the idea of a gifted 10 year old needs to die. The main character could be a little older; they'd be inexperienced but not brand new trainers (Michael in XD); the story could revolve around Pokémon instead of Team of the Week and Gym Leaders could easily be involved as well. Wallace was in charge of that cave in Sootopolis right? That sort of thing could be expanded upon.

There's nothing wrong with being told how to catch Pokémon, but they could at least tell us well. Green health is too high for catching a lot of the time. And you know, an option not to be told? Like in GSC.

Edited by Blue Blood

Was Michael a 10 year old? I allways thought he was about 12 or 13. It werid when a 10 year old saves the day to me.

Did Pokemon Sunday start yet and if it did was anything shown?

Edited by Torcano

Michael always seemed younger to me than the mainseries protags...

And Wes was just too old, but he was definitely a breath of fresh air.

I'd like a 14 or 15 year old protagonist, someone with a bit more life experience, someone who is closer to a Gym Leader and as a result can make more friends. It's pretty weird having 10 year olds making friends with fully grown adults like in Platinum! On the other hand it wouldn't be completely weird for a 14 year old to make friends with the likes of Maylene and Cynthia.

Eh, I dunno about how old Michael was. The point there was that he wasn't new to battles. I don't think Wes was too old as much as he was cliché. Rebelled against his allies, then became a silent protagonist. SPEAK GOD DAMMIT!

I don't talk about Pokemon much, so I'm sure it's not a new idea. But I've always wanted my own gym. Like now that you're the very best like no one ever was, why don't you have your own flippin' gym? Why don't you stand around like Gary Oak and defend challengers to your championship title? After the main story of kid gets badges, kid saves day, kid becomes master, there's like one post-credits quest and it's over. A lasting gym mode or champion mode would keep it interesting. I wanna inherit a gym. And about the older protagonist, I want a Pokemon Professor game. You could play a researcher-trainer but do other things besides badges.

Edited by Pinche Pitochu

I don't talk about Pokemon much, so I'm sure it's not a new idea. But I've always wanted my own gym. Like now that you're the very best like no one ever was, why don't you have your own flippin' gym? Why don't you stand around like Gary Oak and defend challengers to your championship title? After the main story of kid gets badges, kid saves day, kid becomes master, there's like one post-credits quest and it's over. A lasting gym mode or champion mode would keep it interesting. I wanna inherit a gym. And about the older protagonist, I want a Pokemon Professor game. You could play a researcher-trainer but do other things besides badges.

Because that sounds awful.

^ I mean that as a real question and suggestion. Why is Gary the only one who stands around after he's got the title?

And you don't have to stand there, man. It'd be a kind of mode. Jeez, taken literally.

^ I mean that as a real question and suggestion. Why is Gary the only one who stands around after he's got the title?

And you don't have to stand there, man. It'd be a kind of mode. Jeez, taken literally.

I was just making a joke. The life of an NPC is pretty dire after all.

Having your own gym, or gym-esque building, could be a really decent upgrade from secret bases. Let's say, 2 or 3 trainers show up for a battle every day? And you could customise it. Perhaps even choose some gym trainers that use other Pokémon you've trained? It would make for a fun enough multiplayer motive.

Edited by Blue Blood

They could do a battle tower type champion mode where you just pwn constant challengers.

But you already do that in the battle tower in one sense, since you're constantly fighting other trainers.

But what if you stopped playing? Would you miss challengers? Would your town get completely filled with weeds and all your flowers die just because you didn't do jobs for your neighbours all day every day?

But what if you stopped playing? Would you miss challengers? Would your town get completely filled with weeds and all your flowers die just because you didn't do jobs for your neighbours all day every day?

A single trainer appears at your gym at a time. And unlike in HgSs with timed events, you'd have more than an hour to fight them (nor would you have to wait a month for the next installment).

Ok, I laughed. I would see this, if it existed, having to be something you could initiate and stop at anytime. Otherwise it would, like you're implying, get to be a bit too much of a chore.

(lol Animal Crossing.)

And what about paying your Gym's rent, then the cost after they upgrade it for you even if you say no?

WHAT IF YOUR GYM HAD ROACHES? Would you stop getting challengers?

Why would you even pick the game back up after paying off all of your gym?

A single trainer appears at your gym at a time. And unlike in HgSs with timed events, you'd have more than an hour to fight them (nor would you have to wait a month for the next installment).

Or they can only fight you when your there, and have to hunt your lazy wandering ass down and drag you to the gym like the player has to for most badges. 
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyone watched Pokemon Sunday?

Filb and Pokébeach haven't reported, so I assume nothing happened.

I think inheriting your own gym is an awesome idea, My gym would be a Fire one of course. *awesome face-face*

On a side note, I notice in previous gens, after you become the champ or even save the Wurld, no one seems to acknowledge you any differently, or some don't even know you at all. Not saying I want all the NPC's to be groveling and kissing my feet everywhere I go, but some recognition would be nice.

This also happens in the anime, Ash saved the world in the second movie, and "kinda-sorta" did it again in the 12th one as well, but it's like no one remembered him after all that. Meh, I'm rambling now.

It'd be nice if notable characters challenged you, because I genuinely wouldn't mind fighting notable characters over and over again (especially if they had awesome battle music <3)

Also I hate the idea of a random Youngster beating you as a Gym Leader/Champion and taking your title. HE'S NOT NOTABLE D:

Unless it was Joey, then I'd be OK, I mean, he's in the top fucking percentile of Youngsters.

EDIT @ Inferno:

In Emerald, nearly every major character you register on your phone acknowledges you and congratulates you as the Champion.

Edited by SuperLink

I was just making a joke. The life of an NPC is pretty dire after all.

Having your own gym, or gym-esque building, could be a really decent upgrade from secret bases. Let's say, 2 or 3 trainers show up for a battle every day? And you could customise it. Perhaps even choose some gym trainers that use other Pokémon you've trained? It would make for a fun enough multiplayer motive.

That would be really cool. After you've got your Gym, you can make your own badge, your own badge name, customize your Gym, and like the people challenging you to a rematch every so often on the PokeGear, they'd call up ask for a challenge. And like the Battle Frontier, the Pokemon and trainer that challenges you is always different and has different Pokemon all the time.

I'd love to troll the game by being away from the Gym for like 5 days while everyone disappointingly waits for my return just for a battle.

Speaking of Gym Leaders and stuff, do Gym Leaders battle OTHER gym leaders? And when one wins, do THEY get the OTHER Leader's badge?

Edited by Black Spy

I'd love to troll the game by being away from the Gym for like 5 days while everyone disappointingly waits for my return just for a battle.

If you are faced with a bunch of people lined up to battle you, would you be allowed to refuse challenges? I don't know if Gym leaders are allowed to do that...

Anyways, I had the stupidest best idea in the world today, thanks to my sister. She deleted my Emerald save file, damn her, and this made me wonder if Nintendo would consider putting in a password-protection system, where you could set a password (this is all optional, of course) so that every time you play, before starting/deleting a file, you'd have to enter a password to get in.

Given Blue's tendency to hang out by volcanoes and brood, I don't think good attendance is a requirement for Gym Leaders.

Speaking of, what's the deal with all of the supposedly "unbeatable" Gym Leaders? How could there be so many trainers on Sinnoh's Victory Road if Volkner hasn't lost a match in so long that he's ready to give up his position?

Anyways, I had the stupidest best idea in the world today, thanks to my sister. She deleted my Emerald save file, damn her, and this made me wonder if Nintendo would consider putting in a password-protection system, where you could set a password (this is all optional, of course) so that every time you play, before starting/deleting a file, you'd have to enter a password to get in.
And if you forget your password and want to delete your file...?

Are they still doing the thing where you can't actually save a new game over an old one, you have to delete the old save elsewhere first? I think that's enough protection, though it'd be nice if they told you that first (so you didn't start a new game, play for a while, then realize you can't save it).

Speaking of, what's the deal with all of the supposedly "unbeatable" Gym Leaders? How could there be so many trainers on Sinnoh's Victory Road if Volkner hasn't lost a match in so long that he's ready to give up his position?
They probably didn't even beat faulker and are just loitering on victory road.